• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniac

Banned
Hahaha try playing with kb&m and then come back and say that. See I'm the old lazy one in this situation and when I was getting stuck in last night I was playing on the sofa via the TV so the land of the controller essentially unless I want to look a right berk with a keyboard on my lap. This morning's dick about though with 'proper' controls you realise how much you have back under your finger tips again and sign switching, casting, camera movement and so on is just peachy. Bloody consoles holding back control options!!!

I've literally only played with KBM. I did try with my controller, but it felt really... Lacking with feedback and response, lol.

Fok controllers, KBM all day erry day.

Corrosive, I'm sorry. Please don't hate me. I use my controller for... Err, driving in GTA! And... Binding of Isaac! And... Err... Other things.

Edit: I also just got my secondary mode for Igni. A mo'fokin stream of fire. It's soooo good.

And I'm leavin' for a few hours, so laters Doggie & co! Crappy real-life taking time away from my SteamGAFering and Witchering :(

Copons

Goddamn tho, in TW3 (White Orchard at least) there's a recurring theme going on while exploring that somehow hints at the cello version of the infamous Rains of Castamere tune from Game of Thrones, and everytime I hear those 2-3 notes playing I suddenly shit my pants and start meditating.

Dr Dogg

Only thing that stood out for me so far in White Orchard is that they need to draft in some highway laws. Everyone has a deathwish and saunters out into the middle of the road without a care in the world. Smacked some old washer woman so hard she did a 360, kids run out with reckless abandon causing me to veer of course, even the bloody geese come honking and wings flapping into my path.

Arthea

45 achievements have appeared on Dead or Alive 5 steam page, not active yet though.

finally!
does anybody even plays it anymore when Bayo stopped?

The game is about the bound of friendship between young teenagers and exploring ones youth and desires in the countryside, nothing gross about that.

oh you

almost chocked on the thought of steamy Higurashi. What's wrong with you people?

XBP

So I've been playing Witcher 1 for the last few days and you know what is the worst thing about this game? The fact that its so god damn buggy. After starting chapter 3 my game has been a stuttering mess and I've been getting crashes every 5-10 minutes. Everything was perfect (or the best it could be) before chapter 3 but now its just awful.

Ban Puncher

I see no teenagers in Higurashi, they're all 12 year olds or younger.

6bRwU.gif

I had to load the witcher 2 yesterday just to see which save is the one I wanted to load for the witcher 3 and now I think I'm just going to play the alternate act 2 for the witcher 2 instead. Dammit witcher 2, I thought I had shaken you already!

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
To make the crashes in witcher 3 inventory stop I had to start it as an administrator from the witcher.exe file :(

So now my gametime won't count and I will get no achievments or card drops.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Holy shit. DOA5 got achievements.

rMLwCE4.png

Does this mean Tecmo is actually going to support their stuff on Steam!? *gasp*

Parsnip

i dunno, ass creed combat is shit, witcha actually has some fun to it, so i would at least try it?

I am trying it, it's not like normal difficulty skips the combat entirely. It's just less of a hassle and more fun for me, preparing potions and oils isn't as important and such. And meditating restores your health.

This seems to be the best place in town to ask so has anyone had experience with the F710 or F310 Logitech controller? I set my younger sister up with a steam account when I was back home last Christmas and I was looking for a controller for her so she didn't have to always play games at her desk.

Thought about a 360 controller but she is most familiar with the DualShock so something in that style would be better if the quality is there.

Jawmuncher

I had to load the witcher 2 yesterday just to see which Dave is the one I wanted to load for the witcher 3 and now I think I'm just going to play the alternate act 2 for the witcher 2 instead. Dammit witcher 2, I thought I had shaken you already!

You dont even need the save they still ask you what your choices were after the first main quest. It's unavoidable.

Ban Puncher

This seems to be the best place in town to ask so has anyone had experience with the F710 or F310 Logitech controller? I set my younger sister up with a steam account when I was back home last Christmas and I was looking for a controller for her so she didn't have to always play games at her desk.

Thought about a 360 controller but she is most familiar with the DualShock so something in that style would be better if the quality is there.

Those Logitech controllers are pure arse.

Hook a Dualshock 3 or 4 up to the PC.

Have a F310. Not my main controller but it is just fine. Its reasonable quality. Its a notch down from an official DS4 or 360 controller but it isn't bad.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

This. There is no reason NOT to do this outside of the triggers being flipped for the DS3. Use the Xinput wrapper, switch the trigger profiles and you're pretty much playing PS3 versions of stuff.

Those Logitech controllers are pure arse.

This. There is no reason NOT to do this outside of the triggers being flipped for the DS3. Use the Xinput wrapper, switch the trigger profiles and you're pretty much playing PS3 versions of stuff.

My one issue with using a DS3 is not having the Xinput buttons onscreen line up with what's on the controller for all the games without the PlayStation icons. For someone who has used both controllers frequently there wouldn't be an issue with just imagining the 360 layout but I don't think my sister ever used a 360 controller before. I can't imagine that being a simple transition.

Ban Puncher

My one issue with using a DS3 is not having the Xinput buttons onscreen line up with what's on the controller for all the games without the PlayStation icons. For someone who has used both controllers frequently there wouldn't be an issue with just imagining the 360 layout but I don't think my sister ever used a 360 controller before. I can't imagine that being a simple transition.

If you want the onscreen to match the gamepad you're going to have to buy a 360 controller.

Oh God, Higurashi better pick up soon! I've been "playing" it for 4 hours according to Steam and just passed the festival.

I am now imagining you getting mad reading a book.

"C'mon! Get to the murders!"

AHA-Lambda

If you want the onscreen to match the gamepad you're going to have to buy a 360 controller.

I am now imagining you getting mad reading a book.

"C'mon! Get to the murders!"

I can appreciate build up, but nothing is happening, it's been 4 hours of "gosh gee guys aren't we all such great friends? Let's go have a picnic!"
Yeah give me a murder, just do something!

Upon being urged by a friend I played a bit Witcher last night. Was already late, so only about an hour, thus I didn't even finish the tutorial but despite some jank I had fun.

Visually it is definitely very different than W2/W3. Movement is super weird. He moves very fast forwards and backwards but strafing is comparably painfully slow. Had to set camera movement to 1 but it still moves crazy lot.

The biggest surprise once combat started. I clicked furiously on the enemy but Geralt would just stand idle. Only then I realized that I have to click only once and subsequent clicks break the attack - unless chained. That I did not know. Combat is still fun, especially with the three different stances but it feels much more passive than I imagined.

Characters are already interesting. Animations and looks are a bit plastic-ey but that I can easily forgive. Really enjoying that there seems to be a good story and lore.

Just came to the point where I learned my first sign and coupled with the ability to pause the game at any moment, I can totally see some nifty combat combinations happening in the future.

Glad I listened to my (only) friend who suggested me playing it instead of skipping straight to Witcher 2.

Here some screens for ya.

a5jxUlh.png

Really liking the loading screens
PKcXl0B.png
s9NYKrk.png

Lovely detailed interiors are the visual highlight so far. Looking really nice.
fzQqHfj.png

Characters are already interesting. I am liking them!
UBQX6b8.png

There should be another word than cleavage for this.

Arthea

I can appreciate build up, but nothing is happening, it's been 4 hours of "gosh gee guys aren't we all such great friends? Let's go have a picnic!"
Yeah give me a murder, just do something!

That's not how mystery novels work, at least good ones. They give something only when you are not expecting, hence mystery .You are expecting, stop that!

Buraindo

Wow Witcher 3 sure is clunkier than expected. Playing at 30fps probably has something to do with it but still.
Other than that I'm impressed with what I've seen so far especially the performance.
For Melitele's sake I hope someone banishes the unholy tedium that is equipment durability.

Wow Witcher 3 sure is clunkier than expected. Playing at 30fps probably has something to do with it but still.
Other than that I'm impressed with what I've seen so far especially the performance.
For Melitele's sake I hope someone banishes the unholy tedium that is equipment durability.
Agree and agree. Can't wait for the mod to remove that annoying mechanic.

AHA-Lambda

That's not how mystery novels work, at least good ones. They give something only when you are not expecting, hence mystery .You are expecting, stop that!

I'm not expecting a murder every hour or anything. Idk, just for something/anything to happen cos this is such a slog. It's been 4 hours of kids playing games :/

And I swear that happy card game music will drive me insane >_<

That's why I was looking at the logitech pad; controller has all right right buttons but seems like the quality is mixed.

I wonder if I can cut Xbox buttons to fit into a DS3. I'll have to look into trying that.

*Image above this looks promising!

Arthea

I'm not expecting a murder every hour or anything. Idk, just for something/anything to happen cos this is such a slog. It's been 4 hours of kids playing games :/

And I swear that happy card game music will drive me insane >_<

Funny thing is, that up to that place where you are, it already gave you quite a few things to think on, or anticipate, or speculate, or be afraid of.
I don't feel that it is a slog actually, and music is fine, what do you even mean?

Sarcasm

Just take apart your DS3 and paint the buttons? Its pretty easy to take a DS3 apart.

Or you know..if you have ever used a 360 pad its not that hard. I mean I don't even look at my controller (and KB for that matter) at all.

Also note that I rarely use a pad.

Jawmuncher

Just take apart your DS3 and paint the buttons? Its pretty easy to take a DS3 apart.

Or you know..if you have ever used a 360 pad its not that hard. I mean I don't even look at my controller (and KB for that matter) at all.

Also note that I rarely use a pad.

I am fine with Xbox and PS prompts from all my time playing them.
Still get confused with nintendo stuff though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom