• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

Now you can get the perfect arse shot without everyone knowing your dirty controller playing ways.
Awesome.

So apparently I'm the only chicken playing TW3 at Story and Sword difficulty level?
And still, I'm being buttkicked by all the dumbest enemies in White Orchard.

Goddamn you, how are you that good at playing vidyagems.

Me too.
I'm not looking for a challenge in a game like Witcher.

SteamGAF is lewdGAF confirmed.

sup guys?

1999_zpsy8dmmyf0.jpg
what should I get for #2000? suggestions?

zkylon

zkylewd
there is that "fuck boy" term again. wasn't there a thread about this recently in the ot?

I'm assuming this isn't "fuck boy" as in BILF given the context here?

edit: Urban dictionary is the best geriatric

wtf

Me too.
I'm not looking for a challenge in a game like Witcher.
i dunno i'd just get bored if combat is trivial

SteamGAF is lewdGAF confirmed.

sup guys?

what should I get for #2000? suggestions?
was gonna suggest something but i tried to search you games list and my browser froze

get always sometimes monsters if you don't hbave it already

Dat Saipu shoujo game.

Hmm, it's a possibility, so is Higurashi, talking about that, is there an uncensored version of Higurashi or something?

I'm surprised you didn't jump on Valkyria when it was on sale a few days ago!

Fever :(

get always sometimes monsters if you don't hbave it already

I already have it :\

I want something I'd actually play ;)

Parsnip

i dunno i'd just get bored if combat is trivial
To me it's just less time spent dealing with enemies, so I can spent more time spent doing everything else.

I also like Assassin's Creed, so trivial combat is my bag. :p

Also left side of my face is numb, dentists are fun.

zkylon

zkylewd
To me it's just less time spent dealing with enemies, so I can spent more time spent doing everything else.

I also like Assassin's Creed, so trivial combat is my bag. :p
i dunno, ass creed combat is shit, witcha actually has some fun to it, so i would at least try it?

I have it on PS3 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
i mean, if you have 2k games you have a ton of useless garbage so why not make your 2k game a good one

it's has japanese vo and everything

double-fucking-dip time, son!
also, don't ever google image that. i made a terrible mistake trying to look for a gif.

gross

double-fucking-dip time, son!
also, don't ever google image that. i made a terrible mistake trying to look for a gif.

Not gonna happen, it was much cheaper a few days ago, not paying full price for a double dip
unless redhead
:\

For shame!

http://i.imgur.com/StVe3ft.jpg[/img[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, is it finished? I don't buy unfinished episodic games unless bundle crap :P

[quote="zkylon, post: 164540547"]i mean, if you have 2k games you have a ton of useless garbage so why not make your 2k game a good one

it's has japanese vo and everything[/QUOTE]

See above

Dr Dogg

While AssCreed's combat has been steadily going down hill since the first (yes the first game) and fell off the cliff come Revelations, it's still not quite a janky as Witcher 2 or 3 where you have a teeny bit of latency between input and action, menu faffing with signs, wrong sword possibilities in 2 and other such things which do bog down the flow a wee bit. Neither hold a candle to a half about Character Action game like DMC but there is plenty of scope for refinement.

zkylon

zkylewd
Hmmm, is it finished? I don't buy unfinished episodic games unless bundle crap :p

not finished and you'll have to wait for a while

how about miss take? she's a redhead and the game's pretty good i hear

While AssCreed's combat has been steadily going down hill since the first (yes the first game) and fell off the cliff come Revelations, it's still not quite a janky as Witcher 2 or 3 where you have a teeny bit of latency between input and action, menu faffing with signs, wrong sword possibilities in 2 and other such things which do bog down the flow a wee bit. Neither hold a candle to a half about Character Action game like DMC but there is plenty of scope for refinement.
i was kind of hoping this would be improved a bit in witcha3

Despera

Banned
So what's going on with Steam? All of a sudden I can't see any reviews or review scores for any of the available games

J2CJoNT.jpg

What's up with that? :/

Shadownet

Banned
So what's going on with Steam? All of a sudden I can't see any reviews or review scores for any of the available games

What's up with that? :/
I thought that was just me as well.. But then again I was looking at some unknown games so I thought there was no reviews.. What's going on here Gaben?

Dr Dogg

i was kind of hoping this would be improved a bit in witcha3

Oh it's definitely better than 2 and leaps and bounds over 2 with a controller. Lots of things have been streamlined, you don't need to be a clairvoyant to prepare for battle and can heal and use potions in the middle of battle. Dodging and rolling still are a little wonky but once you get a good idea how early you have to move and to what area it's certainly a step up over 2. Nonetheless though the feedback still isn't the best and that ever so slight bit of latency, maybe only a handful of frames behind, that I feel would bring the combat up a level.

Saying that I turned HairWorks on for the Griffin fight and got smacked down to the mid 30's in framerate and considering I've been playing at a consistent 60 that was a bit of a shock. I take my hat of to anyone playing on the higher difficulties at 30fps.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Hmmm, is it finished? I don't buy unfinished episodic games unless bundle crap :p

Higurashi isn't finished yet either, right? ;3

Act 4 of 5 is due within a few months (haha) and then we're looking at another year before Act 5 hits with the rate things have been going. It's totally worth the wait! Besides, you don't exactly have to play game 2000 right away~

zkylon

zkylewd
Oh it's definitely better than 2 and leaps and bounds over 2 with a controller. Lots of things have been streamlined, you don't need to be a clairvoyant to prepare for battle and can heal and use potions in the middle of battle. Dodging and rolling still are a little wonky but once you get a good idea how early you have to move and to what area it's certainly a step up over 2. Nonetheless though the feedback still isn't the best and that ever so slight bit of latency, maybe only a handful of frames behind, that I feel would bring the combat up a level.

Saying that I turned HairWorks on for the Griffin fight and got smacked down to the mid 30's in framerate and considering I've been playing at a consistent 60 that was a bit of a shock. I take my hat of to anyone playing on the higher difficulties at 30fps.

good to know

witcha 2 was wonky as fuck, rolling all over the place like a crazy person

didamangi

30-40 fps average player here. I have to stop playing with my controller and change to kb&m. Too much lag using the controller which is weird because it's usually the other way around. Death march is much more manageable now on the higher leves, although playing sloppily around mobs will still get you killed easily.

Btw, did the tutorial point to you that meditating restores your bombs and potions? (As long as you have specific items which is not the one you used for creating it)

Because I just found that out after 17 hours in :/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
30-40 fps average player here. I have to stop playing with my controller and change to kb&m. Too much lag using the controller which is weird because it's usually the other way around. Death march is much more manageable now on the higher leves, although playing sloppily around mobs will still get you killed easily.

Btw, did the tutorial point to you that meditating restores your bombs and potions? (As long as you have specific items which is not the one you used for creating it)

Because I just found that out after 17 hours in :/

Yeah, I remember the game telling me something about potions being refilled if you have hard alcohol in your inventory.

So what's the best place to get Higurashi? is there a steamier version elsewhere? I remember some VN had a steamier version on some other site and you also got a steam key :p

So what's the best place to get Higurashi? is there a steamier version elsewhere? I remember some VN had a steamier version on some other site and you also got a steam key :p

You can get the game on MangaGamer but it's about the same price and there is no steamy version of the game
you pervert

Chariot

You should see the hentais....
Eh, they're not that bad I assume. Honestly, I've seen less fucked up monster girl doujinshi than bestality or train ones. Somehow monster girls are usually pretty sweet. Musst be the contrast.
Higurashi isn't a smut game, dirt mind.

didamangi

Yeah, I remember the game telling me something about potions being refilled if you have hard alcohol in your inventory.

Must have press space/A accidentally when that tutorial pops up :/

Game's pretty great. And the combat is decent enough to not make me dropped it like DA:I. Guess I'll fork over the money for a 970 now. End of the road for my 760.

M.D

I was really considering buying Dying Light from one of the 'not exactly legit but still good reputation' websites, but after hearing about games being revoked and potentially losing your entire account on the chance you get a stolen key or something... nah I'm good X_X

Copons

Hey Copons...

Now you can get the perfect arse shot without everyone knowing your dirty controller playing ways.

Just a heads up, though.

Apparently, changing the LockControlScheme value directly in the hidden.ini file, didn't do anything in game.

What I needed to do was add that option in the user.settings file (in "Documents\The Witcher 3"), just inside the [Hidden] section.

Same went for the HairWorksAALevel tweak, but in the [Rendering] section.

Dr Dogg

Just a heads up, though.

Apparently, changing the LockControlScheme value directly in the hidden.ini file, didn't do anything in game.

What I needed to do was add that option in the user.settings file (in "Documents\The Witcher 3"), just inside the [Hidden] section.

Same went for the HairWorksAALevel tweak, but in the [Rendering] section.

Well it was from Reddit via the PC Perf thread so one of those peeps more than likely has webbed fingers and toes.

Seeing as I'm being evil I always think it's funny in those type of threads when someone feels the need to point out their entire spec list, right down to what flipping mouse matt they're using. You choice of PC Chassis isn't going to make fuck all different to your performance issues unless it's a ridiculous hot box with no air flow!!! Bloody show off's is all :p

Maniac

Banned

It's not really latency though. It's the fact that Geralt is an old, slow hunk, and there's plenty of feedback there, imo. It's not like there's latency from clicking to the start of his animations, the animations are just... Long. Slow. Hunkering. Arthritis. :p

edit: I mean, it's no Dark Souls. And I thank god for that, because I find DS to be incredibly boring despite wanting to love it. And I personally love the combat in The Witcher (3!). It feels... Really fluid and precise. And I'm loving the pacing of the combat too, even if the things that kill me most often are wild dogs and not bears nor griffins. ~_~
Always such bad luck when it comes to horses in open world games.

Bitch that aint no horse

That's yo motherfucking pegasus

Dr Dogg

It's not really latency though. It's the fact that Geralt is an old, slow hunk, and there's plenty of feedback there, imo. It's not like there's latency from clicking to the start of his animations, the animations are just... Long. Slow. Hunkering. Arthritis. :p

Hahaha try playing with kb&m and then come back and say that. See I'm the old lazy one in this situation and when I was getting stuck in last night I was playing on the sofa via the TV so the land of the controller essentially unless I want to look a right berk with a keyboard on my lap. This morning's dick about though with 'proper' controls you realise how much you have back under your finger tips again and sign switching, casting, camera movement and so on is just peachy. Bloody consoles holding back control options!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom