• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what I meant by inexcusable is to the point of fuck 1 and 2

I feel like a lot of people are foolin themselves out of playing it for continuity reasons and such

you'll never finish 1 and 2, let's be real. There's a new game out all the time.

read a summary and play 3, dont let it have the same faith. It's so, so much better.

sorry I'm too busy playing f2p games to bother with witcher 3

Khronico

Hmmph...

1080p witcher 3 with mix of med-high settings and maxed post processing runs ~30fps with dips

900p witcher 3 with mix of high-ultra settings and maxed post processing runs 40-60fps.

IQ or framerate...

nsr.gif

What's weird is pretty much nothing I drop when at 1080p helps the framerate that much, but dropping res to 900p gives me massive boosts.

Triss and Yennefer are totally waifus though.

You're playing a waifu game without even realizing it.

White Orchard Herbalist is best waifu.

Quick question, what's the cheapest way to get GTAV for Steam? Didn't China have it for like $30, or did they fix that already?

It was my birthday a couple days ago, so I've got some birthday money to spend, and I kinda feel like I should treat myself.

Or what about Witcher 3? Where's that cheapest for Steam? Don't suppose there are any more of those $13 copies from RU floating around.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Quick question, what's the cheapest way to get GTAV for Steam? Didn't China have it for like $30, or did they fix that already?

It was my birthday a couple days ago, so I've got some birthday money to spend, and I kinda feel like I should treat myself.

Or what about Witcher 3? Where's that cheapest for Steam? Don't suppose there are any more of those $13 copies from RU floating around.

GTAV isn't really cheaper in any ROW region now that the price on the Vietnamese store is $50. TW3 is roughly 15% cheaper in Japan.

Edit: Oh, GTAV is $60 on Steam US. Well, there you go: It's ~15% cheaper in Vietnam. ;)

She doesn't look like something created in 2009

You're playing Risen?

They're not exactly a new developer, some of those answers just aren't good enough because they're supposed to know better by now.

Maybe people would had prefered less scale and "better" contente (can't rally say more because it would be the same). Most people weren't expecting the biggest map to date out of W3.

Just because a company has been around for years doesn't mean everyone currently employed at it has been at the same company for years or has even been in the industry for years. Never mind that they're also tackling a style of game that is new to the studio. And that means new (to them) problems to solve, new tools, new pipelines, new workflows have to be discovered, built, and learned.

That's kind of a problem with game development, you've got to reinvent the wheel over and over and over. Unless you're licensing an engine to cut down on some of that.

Uzzy

I finished Witcher 2 last night, taking Iorveth's path. I think I like Iorveth's path more, but Roche is still a more likeable character.

And thanks to someone around here, I got a GOG key for Witcher 3 last night. Only played for a few minutes, so some early thoughts. Ciri's adorable, and the voice acting is really quite good, especially in the facial motion that goes with it.

zkylon

zkylewd

wow that's awesome and super impressive

I finished Witcher 2 last night, taking Iorveth's path. I think I like Iorveth's path more, but Roche is still a more likeable character.

this is probably it

tho i love iorveth's design

every single person in the world should be playing the witcher 3 right now

fucking inexcusable to pass up, good lord. dont think ive liked a game this much in quite a while.

ive beenburned by you before

Arthea

so basically it goes like this:
I login to steam, it goes down
After a while it's back up, fabulous!
I run Adventure Capitalist, redistribute my hard earned money
(while I was away)
Then I do the same with clicker heroes
Then I read Higurashi (damn, it's still so good)
Then I go to sleep.
How does thing like that even happens to you? I haven't finished a single game in a week if not more.
*sighs* I blame Volvo

Deques

(while I was away)
Then I go to sleep.
How does thing like that even happens to you? I haven't finished a single game in a week if not more.
*sighs* I blame Volvo

Why is everyone playing Clicker Heroes? Why am I playing Clicker Heroes? Why are you so cruel against me?

(while I was away)
Then I go to sleep.
*sighs* I blame Volvo

I can't stop "playing" Adventure Capitalist on my phone... I even once set my alarm to wake up and refresh my 2x cash bonus... I have a problem.

every single person in the world should be playing the witcher 3 right now

fucking inexcusable to pass up, good lord. dont think ive liked a game this much in quite a while.

I'm trying to get a new card, damn it, but I can't justify that cost for one game!

Also i want to future proof.

Arthea

I can't stop "playing" Adventure Capitalist on my phone... I even once set my alarm to wake up and refresh my 2x cash bonus... I have a problem.

oh wow
lemme laugh at you :)

I hope I didn't get to this level of addiction but I must admit I am somewhat addicted to Clicker heroes, there is no denying that.

Deques

I would like to know why I keep playing it and everyone around keeps playing it

The amount of money to buy or upgrade heroes is just ridiculous :(

btw. Phantom Breaker is 50% in Humble Store. Anyone wanna help me buy it from there? In return I can buy something for equal value from the Steam store for you

Arthea

On second thought I know why Clicker heroes are so addictive, it plays on the same thing that draws us to RPGs. Levelling and getting stronger, it only eliminated everything else and left what's most addictive. Doing damage in quadrillions with every click... and then levelling even more? Who of us can resist that? Certainly not me!

zkylon

zkylewd
On second thought I know why Clicker heroes are so addictive, it plays on the same thing that draws us to RPGs. Levelling and getting stronger, it only eliminated everything else and left what's most addictive. Doing damage in quadrillions with every click... and then levelling even more? Who of us can resist that? Certainly not me!

opposite of what draws me to rpgs

diablo and boredlands are crap

My_Humps.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Gare Sapphire Mechs -- MB-92888E18A72D7F7F - Taken by NingenJanai
Make it indie! -- MB-06EE8F2C9A399471 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Savant Ascent -- MB-B360F0117D699998 - Taken by Loptous
Turba -- MB-1F697133941E8A9A - Taken by KenOD
Starlaxis Supernova Edition -- MB-19C362DDAD159834 - Taken by TheMadMan007
DogFighter -- MB-C65423262D16CB9D - Taken by Chreznor
APOX -- MB-08B4A29635CB151E - Taken by Eila

Chariot

Witcher 3

Ah yes, I see what you meant with
regenerating
enemies. Just encountered the
Werewolf
and got my sorry ass
kicked
. Sadly no lore entry yet, so I just have to see if I find something else. So far only used cat, swallow and thunderbolt, maybe I find a
Werewolf specific
oil or something.

Shadownet

Banned
Welp left arm rest on my chair just broke :(
One of your arm is too strong..
:p
So playing Witcher 3, everything is fun and great (not counting all the stuff that need to be patch)

But I kinda wish they had implemented a more robust crafting and weapons/armors system.

Chariot

One of your arm is too strong..
:p
So playing Witcher 3, everything is fun and great (not counting all the stuff that need to be patch)

But I kinda wish they had implemented a more robust crafting and weapons/armors system.
Can't wait to actually look into that once I can enter my inventory without quicksaving to be sure.

Witcher 3

Ah yes, I see what you meant with
regenerating
enemies. Just encountered the
Werewolf
and got my sorry ass
kicked
. Sadly no lore entry yet, so I just have to see if I find something else. So far only used cat, swallow and thunderbolt, maybe I find a
Werewolf specific
oil or something.
I had a very tough time beating it, then I used a trainer, ain't got time for this shit, I still have a Java assignment.

Real tip: stack all your potion buffs and stuff, your DPS must be faster than its regen. Source: W3 OT.

Chariot

I had a very tough time beating it, then I used a trainer, ain't got time for this shit, I still have a Java assignment.

Real tip: stack all your potion buffs and stuff, your DPS must be faster than its regen. Source: W3 OT.
I don't cheat, I play on pleb difficulties so I feel better and still get the game done.

But yeah, I am going to look into it. Maybe I go off and do something else. It's amazing that you just can wander off in a quest and do something else.

Shadownet

Banned
Can't wait to actually look into that once I can enter my inventory without quicksaving to be sure.
Every time I go into my inventory, my heart is pumping faster than when I faced any monster in the game. Will I crash? Or will I be able to make it out safely.

I thought Dragon Age Inquisition has a better crafting system to be honest. You could use different material when crafting to produce different effects and bonuses. With Witcher 3, you can only get the set bonuses and maybe more if you can find any runes to equip. I'm still early in the game, but its a bit disappointing so far with the whole crafting system.

Btw, do you guys barter for more money when accepting a contract or a job? I don't, I'm being too much of a mister nice guy.

"Oh I just killed that Griffin for you. You want to pay me? Don't worry about it. You just lost your wife, you should save the money to pay for your daughter's wedding."

So I'm a poor Witcher, but at least people love me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom