• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cute Anime??

BNgDXN4.gif

def sim

I've been playing death march and holy cow I'm going to need some crowd control items. Fighting groups here is tougher than anything I ran into in the second Witcher. The need to hunt animals for health is pretty cool, though, and there's an early ability that allows health regen during the daytime anyhow.

Uzzy

Thankfully, the Major's already made of metal, so chromatic abberation won't be needed! Huzzah.

More annoyingly, I'm stuck at work and dreaming of getting back home to play some more Witcher 3. The 20 minutes before work this morning wasn't enough damn it.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
"NVIDIA spent a lot of artist and engineering resources to help make Witcher 3 better. I would assume that AMD could have done the same thing because our agreements with developers don’t prevent them from working with other IHVs."

Burnnnn?

Yup, the thing is that AMD is smaller and don't really have a huge R&D budget.

AMD also seem to think they can win by just trying to make nvidia look bad, just because AMD's technologies is open source(which is real cool) doesn't mean NVidia has to do the same thing(even if it would make the PC market better).

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
"NVIDIA spent a lot of artist and engineering resources to help make Witcher 3 better. I would assume that AMD could have done the same thing because our agreements with developers don’t prevent them from working with other IHVs."

Burnnnn?
Lol AMD just makes themselves look bad every time they cry about this shit.

Jawmuncher

It's actually one single hard drive, but got split into two when I sent it for repairs and I was too lazy to combine them again.

Steam I believe can locate to different areas. But yes if you copy and paste it will work. Steam will re verify all of the content when you launch it.

I already lost too many friends to Hearthstone, kindly don't advertise it here!

But it's a fun game! You should try it.

Lol AMD just makes themselves look bad every time they cry about this shit.

No kidding. I was just reading the overblown reddit thread about this and someone brought up the case where Tomb Raider had TressFX hair effects which ran like shit on nvidia too. Nvidia explained that they got the code late and got to work on fixing their drivers. I don't remember them whining about how AMD was damaging the PC platform or anything of the sort.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
It this the super patch they were talking about yesterday?

Supposedly the "Super Patch" was actually the day one patch, but this one seems pretty hefty:

Improves stability in gameplay and the UI
Improves performance especially in cutscenes and gameplay
Fixes grass and foiliage popping that can occur after density parameters change
Improves Nvidia Hairworks performance
Boosted texture anisotropy sampling to 16x on Ultra preset
Sharpen Postprocess settings extended from Off/On to Off/Normal/High
Improves menu handling
Improves input responsiveness when using keyboard
Corrects an issue with stamina regeneration while sprinting
Fixes a cursor lock issue that sometimes occcurs when scrolling the map
Generally improves world map focus
Corrects a bug where player was able to fire bolts at friendly NPCs
Corrects an issue in dialog selections
Corrects some missing translations in the UI
Minor SFX improvements -Blood particles will now properly appear after killing enemies on the water
Rostan Muggs is back

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Controls feel more responsive but the game's still a choppy lagfest for me. Should hopefully be a good patch for better systems, though!

Back to the backlog, I guess.

Is this the kind of game that's gonna get some GOTY with all the DLCs and stuff? lol I never played SimCity. :X

I don't believe there is any real DLC. Things have been added through patches as well as things to download through the extensive Workshop.

It's probably my GOTY so far
since I haven't finished W3 yet

Tizoc

So apparently, only me, Jase and any SteamGAFfer with an MGS inspired username or avatar are gonna get MGS PP on Steam?

GrwyhaO.png

Played a lot of Witcher yesterday (~ 10 hours lol)

The game is good. Not sure if I'd think the same coming from Witcher 2 as first experience but it's the reason I play chronologically.

I am now at the gates of Vizima town and boy was the "beast" bossfight a struggle :O
Died sop many times. Finally realized that running away in the tiny fighting area until my health regained just to land a couple hits was the best choice. Looked awkward and not worthy of a witcher but eh. I win, he looses.
Playing on easy since I want to ride through the game but boy are the descriptions wrong! No way I would have survived this easy without potions. They are super useful even at easy difficulty.

Really liked how suddenly the game changed from super mundane tasks to basically giving me choice of eradicating the whole town. Wow.

Shagged the witch in the cave and chose the lesser evil. The reverend, the fatty and the merchant were some disgusting people. Enjoyed slaughtering them.

Hope Vizima ends up less empty fields and more dense, urban area. This game really is an RPG gem.

Tizoc

What makes you think that? There's a metric ton of GAFfers on my friends list who wishlisted it, though that doesn't mean 100% intent to buy, but still:

And there's another half page of scrolling after that.

Interesting, goes to show how the Konami boycott thing is so....moot for lack of a better word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom