• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

Btw, do you guys barter for more money when accepting a contract or a job? I don't, I'm being too much of a mister nice guy.

"Oh I just killed that Griffin for you. You want to pay me? Don't worry about it. You just lost your wife, you should save the money to pay for your daughter's wedding."

So I'm a poor Witcher, but at least people love me.
Same here. I don't like robbing poor people, I also leave their stuff alone. I pillage lost villages though.

Shadownet

Banned
Same here. I don't like robbing poor people, I also leave their stuff alone. I pillage lost villages though.
I mean, I read somewhere that even small choices like bartering for money might affect in a big way later on in the story. So I'm trying to be nice Geralt, and hope that if I don't ask them for more money then what they promised me originally. Maybe some bigger karma will cone out of that.

But, I do however loot their house completely if I can. Seriously though, looting doesn't factor into the bigger impact thing. Loot away Chariot. If I haven't been looting almost everything I've seen. I would be a starving witcher, possibly dead.

Chariot

I mean, I read somewhere that even small choices like bartering for money might affect in a big way later on in the story. So I'm trying to be nice Geralt, and hope that if I don't ask them for more money then what they promised me originally. Maybe some bigger karma will cone out of that.

But, I do however loot their house completely if I can. Seriously though, looting doesn't factor into the bigger impact thing. Loot away Chariot. If I haven't been looting almost everything I've seen. I would be a starving witcher, possibly dead.
I am not doing this for gamey purposes, it's a roleplaying game and I do like that aspect very much. So I play to my conscience and judgement, unless the game forces me to do differently. But if I can avoid robbing the poor, I do that.

zkylon

zkylewd
my characters are usually very much about the money so i always try to shake a few more coins out of everyone

i also like to do a lot of like 'con artists' or whatever

it really irks me when like you choose 'no reward' and you get a super sword in return

that's super lame, i'm trying to be a phiantropist here, you can't give me a material reward for that

Dr Dogg

Why are some/most/all of you playing f2p games? I thought they were the devils spawn?

*sigh* 7 hours until I can resume Witcher time :(

Though I'm at a bit of inbetwix, inbetween situation where I have 2 main quests I can pursue with one starting off in an area where there's a bunch of level 9 Drowner's and the twat's always gang up on me the moment I get off my boat. But that's the quest that leads neatly on story wise from the previous couple I've done so I could dump it and start the next line of enquiry but that would be leaving that the other quest line semi unresolved. Just Witcher things.

zkylon

zkylewd
Like a true witcher.

I'm just too soft for that approach :/
sometimes i do the like "stoic paladin" approach but i find those characters really boring

i like the greedy adventurers, the adorers of chaos and the conflicted heroes

Why are some/most/all of you playing f2p games? I thought they were the devils spawn?

*sigh* 7 hours until I can resume Witcher time :(

Though I'm at a bit of inbetwix, inbetween situation where I have 2 main quests I can persue but one starts off in an area where there's a bunch of level 9 Drowners and the twat's always gang up on me the moment I get off my boat. But that's the quest that leads neatly on story wise from the previous couple I've done so I could dump it and start the next line of enquiry but that would be leaving that the other quest line semi unresolved. Just Witcher things.

because f2p games have this

fhwYitsXArqGrEYG

Dr Dogg

Also on a pretty unrelated note but sort of related note as I'm sourcing media to write my recommendation for next months OP, why are all theses nerds in the latest Arkham Knight advert/trailer? These bloody representative marketing campaign where they try to make it out 'no don't worry even you can be the Batman' always come across as naff. Just show some sexed up CGI or unobtainable 'in game' footage that I'm sure some folks on the interwebs will have an aneurysm over finding out that their copy looks nothing like that.

Also two Torment emails in a day? Why Monsieur, with these Backer Updates you're really spoiling us

Tizoc

So apparently there's a shark species that doesn't give birth through eggs, but like how mammals give birth, umbilical cord and everything.
Also the baby sharks are born in the shallow waters of the bahamas, so uh stay safe BahamasGAF.

because f2p games have this

fhwYitsXArqGrEYG

...BUT You still have to pay to play the game with that skin :V

Arthea

Cat Goes Fishing had update: bunch of cheevos added, Realism Mode? (OK, now that I'll have to see). Oh well, I just post patch notes, short version

New game mode: Realism.
Support for multiple save files.
Major AI improvements and visual updates.
New upgrades/hats/fish.
A plethora of balance changes.
Catalog/interface improvements, bug fixes, and more!

It seems I'm getting back to being a cat that goes finishing and I naively thought I'm done with this game after spending 23 hours with it.

Chariot

Also on a pretty unrelated note but sort of related note as I'm sourcing media to write my recommendation for next months OP, why are all theses nerds in the latest Arkham Knight advert/trailer? These bloody representative marketing campaign where they try to make it out 'no don't worry even you can be the Batman' always come across as naff. Just show some sexed up CGI or unobtainable 'in game' footage that I'm sure some folks on the interwebs will have an aneurysm over finding out that their copy looks nothing like that.
Always amuaed by stuff like this. Why would anybody want to be Batman? He gets his loved ones in danger, tortured and killed. Gotham isn't better. In fact since Batman operates there its grown worse. It wasn't a paradise under the crime families, but under all the oppression and corruption there was certain kind of order. Now instead of pissing of a crime boss with failures you are just getting chopped to pieces by maniacs for no reason or be collateral damage when somebody wants to piss of Batman. Batman forced hia enemies to evolve and aome grew really terible along the way.

Dr Dogg

Always amuaed by stuff like this. Why would anybody want to be Batman? He gets his loved ones in danger, tortured and killed. Gotham isn't better. In fact since Batman operates there its grown worse. It wasn't a paradise under the crime families, but under all the oppression and corruption there was certain kind of order. Now instead of pissing of a crime boss with failures you are just getting chopped to pieces by maniacs for no reason or be collateral damage when somebody wants to piss of Batman. Batman forced hia enemies to evolve and aome grew really terible along the way.

Hahahaha. That's a bit deeper down the rabbit hole than I was willing to go.

with the rod? no
you did? Oh well, in Australia even cats fish with rods, I should have known.

I'll save you the trouble.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Hitman Absolution -- MB-C56D86A293E42B12 - Taken by Eanan
Gravity Badgers -- MB-E8B3FD6217BCFBE7 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN

Milamber

Ugh, just came back from the Embassy to renew my passport. 3 hours in line but I spent the time reading up on Witcher 3 which I should be playing. The other half of the time I spent messaging mama-sans near by the embassy for fresh talent.

Man, at the rate I'm playing TW3, I'll leave tutorial town after a month.

Jawmuncher

Ugh, just came back from the Embassy to renew my passport. 3 hours in line but I spent the time reading up on Witcher 3 which I should be playing. The other half of the time I spent messaging mama-sans near by the embassy for fresh talent.

Man, at the rate I'm playing TW3, I'll leave tutorial town after a month.

Hoping to beat it by Tuesday. Side quests be damned.

oipic

Huh, there are still some people here that did not go CA'd over their avatars.

Cate pre-dates such cynical and lazy visual techniques. This ghastly CA, like Clicker Heroes, will be a mere passing fad here within the otherwise critical-thinking walls of SteamGAF.

NOLF 3 with a vast array of CA customisation settings, please.

And too much bloom.

Dr Dogg

I'm not sure it works this way, but thanks for trying

Sure it's not in the flesh (or would that be scales?) but Jase pondered if you've ever seen a cat-fish and now you have

I was gonna do mine yesterday but got lazy since now is the last day of work :V I'll finish up LiS then get my CA avy up.

I'm starting to go a little bit blind now after staring at so many of these.

1B94dVc.png

Arthea

Sure it's not in the flesh (or would that be scales?) but Jase pondered if you've ever seen a cat-fish and now you have

I'm starting to go a little bit blind now after staring at so many of these.

http://i.imgur.com/1B94dVc.png[/img[/QUOTE]

in case you already gone blind of all CA(bomination) in this thread, I was ruining one joke at the time, for no particular reason

[quote="crimsonheadGCN, post: 164674350"]I think he means chromatic aberration. People are adding the effect to avatars.[/QUOTE]

not people, it's Doggie that keeps doing this
*points finger*

Hahaha bear in mind I say this like a complete hypocrite who has an unhealthy Hearthstone and FF Record Keeper addiction. We all have our guilty pleasures.

Finally found someone in this thread who plays Hearthstone. Add me if you want a practice dummy to try out new decks on or something :p

Actually why don't I have you added on Steam?

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Reading that Kotaku article about Bad Rats...

What if Bad Rats 2 is actually Frog Fractions 2?!?!?

tIZsqmn.jpg

That makes a lot of sense in my head for some reason...

Arthea

Finally found someone in this thread who plays Hearthstone. Add me if you want a practice dummy to try out new decks on or something :p

Actually why don't I have you added on Steam?

I already lost too many friends to Hearthstone, kindly don't advertise it here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom