• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backlogger

VR zombie survival ... yaaaaaaaaaawn

I'm done with survival games in general. They always sound or look cool but then I get bored playing them after 30 minutes. Especially wandering survival games. I sorta liked Rust, but the lack of objectives and the PvP element ruined it.

Phawx

Edit: wait, Phawx :O you played Umbra? How was it?

It looks pretty. Many things that I played of the game might not even be representative of the final product.

In it's current form, skills need to be used to level them up, there seems to be a general leveling system but nothing is implemented to have me address it.

Path-finding is a little too strict with it's least-cost-routing routine.

It's pretty and colorful and loots like Diablo.

Shadownet

Banned
Shadow, FFS, Phawx posted a Let's Play of the alpha footage he was able to play... go watch it and you'll know what he thought. ;)
Oh I didn't know it was a Let's Play video. I was playing it on my phone. But I has the sound off so I didn't hear his voice XD

Why you gotta hate on MGS3 :( it was a great game.
It looks pretty. Many things that I played of the game might not even be representative of the final product.

In it's current form, skills need to be used to level them up, there seems to be a general leveling system but nothing is implemented to have me address it.

Path-finding is a little too strict with it's least-cost-routing routine.

It's pretty and colorful and loots like Diablo.
Awesome, thank you for the impression. I assume you got the Alpha because you funded that $50 tier and it gave you access to it?

dex3108

We're doing an E3 show. Maybe you've heard about it? Called the PC Gaming Show, it's our attempt to give the PC some long overdue love at E3. Today, we're revealing the next round of developers who'll be making an appearance.

The newly announced participants include ArenaNet, CCP Games, Creative Assembly, The Fullbright Company, Frictional Games, Frontier Developments, Nexon, Pixel Titans, SCS Software and Splash Damage.
They'll be joining the previously confirmed participants, including Blizzard, Bohemia, Cloud Imperium, Devolver, Paradox, Heart Machine, Square Enix, Tripwire, Humble Bundle, Dean Hall, Cliff Bleszinski and AMD.

http://www.pcgamer.com/more-developers-announced-for-the-pc-gaming-show-at-e3/

Yawn.

Oh I didn't know it was a Let's Play video. I was playing it on my phone. But I has the sound off so I didn't hear his voice XD

Why you gotta hate on MGS3 :( it was a great game.

MGS3 was the most boring/worst out of the 4 main console games I've played. Granted, I played the non-director's cut version, but still... Never really got too far into PW HD, so I can't compare there, but otherwise, yeah, I liked 1, 2, and 4 much much much better. I've been meaning to get to the HD remaster, but I have so much other stuff I'd rather play than to go back to a game I didn't really care for and give it another shot.

Also, that reading comprehension thing I like to yell at people for... look at the title of Phawx's video, man. Even without sound it should be apparent what it is. ;)

"Umbra - Early Alpha Prototype Quick Look / Let's Play"

Jawmuncher

MGS3 was the most boring/worst out of the 4 main console games I've played. Granted, I played the non-director's cut version, but still... Never really got too far into PW HD, so I can't compare there, but otherwise, yeah, I liked 1, 2, and 4 much much much better. I've been meaning to get to the HD remaster, but I have so much other stuff I'd rather play than to go back to a game I didn't really care for and give it another shot.

Also, that reading comprehension thing I like to yell at people for... look at the title of Phawx's video, man. Even without sound it should be apparent what it is. ;)

"Umbra - Early Alpha Prototype Quick Look / Let's Play"

4 better than 3? Now I have seen everything.

Quick question, just heard about Idle Master. This seems like a legit way to unlock cards, and previous methods of mass card unlocking seemed super sketchy. I have a huge game library (1000+) so I'm a little bit wary about using apps to unlock cards. Has Valve ever banned an account for doing this? I don't collect cards, I'm just planning to sell them on the market and get a few bucks.

Khronico

4 better than 3? Now I have seen everything.

In the area of controls and gameplay, 4 is better than 3 (at least, from what I remember playing 3 HD)

In the area of story, it's pretty divisive (I like the near future stuff in 1 2 and 4 way more than 3's cold war stuff but 3 is still awesome).

We all know 2 is the best MGS game anyways

Quick question, just heard about Idle Master. This seems like a legit way to unlock cards, and previous methods of mass card unlocking seemed super sketchy. I have a huge game library (1000+) so I'm a little bit wary about using apps to unlock cards. Has Valve ever banned an account for doing this? I don't collect cards, I'm just planning to sell them on the market and get a few bucks.

Nope, never banned anyone for using IdleMaster.

MUnited83

For you.
Just tried out Witcher 3.

Goddamn, what a darn terrible combat system. It's a jankier Assassin's Creed + magic. Sadly they didn't learn anything from Witcher 2 combat-wise sadly.

It does look pretty good and the quests so far were fun.

The engine is awful. The game runs choppy even on high end systems while looking like a last gen game.

Wait for sale

While it does look lower budget, It doesn't seem choppy to me at all though I haven't tried multiplayer in a while.

That's disappointing, but surely there's been some performance optimisation since 13/03/2014.

It has. I know people with 970's have been complaining about stuttering (probably some others as well) but it seems really smooth to me.

Tizoc

What's in the GMG VIP page? At work so I can't access it atm =X

MGS3 was the most boring/worst out of the 4 main console games I've played. Granted, I played the non-director's cut version, but still...

Go back and play MGS3 in the HD re-release ya cracky-ass hobo ninja.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I've used it to farm almost $500 worth of trading cards since I made it. As far as getting in trouble, just be sure not to run Idle Master while connected to a VAC-enabled server and you'll be fine. Also, having it running while playing other games isn't recommended because it can drastically reduce the drop rates of cards.

If you run into any issues, feel free to let me know.

Parsnip

Whenever I see a new Heroes 7 trailer for the beta, somehow I always focus on the horse rearing animation and how it looks like they've been using the same one since 5 and my heart sinks a little.

Please be good, please be good.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

N.P.P.D. RUSH: The milk of Ultraviolet -- MB-4EE1AE674309D0CA - Taken by alr1ght. 5 entrants total.
Z -- MB-F02DEE072695B6FB - Taken by Catshade. 4 entrants total.
Gunspell -- MB-90CA51436FA631FA - Taken by PunishedSnake. 2 entrants total.
Pressured -- MB-5CC29D20D11F508F - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.

t1432228392z1.png

Turfster

Daily Never Alone 40% off
Weekend
  • Shadowrun Franchise up to 80% off
  • Dying Light 25% off
  • Batman Weekend up to 75% off
Humble Flash Surprise Attack Bundle 88% off

derExperte

I hope everyone using a CA'd avatar has bought NEON STRUCT. Because it has lots of that and your perverse tastes at least would've resulted in something good (thankfully it's optional). If not I'll consider y'all phonies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom