• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

Guess not everything got rolled back which means someone got my DOTA2 thingy for a few cents (I got full price so Valve's paying the difference?). Probably happened with some other stuff which means as soon as the trade restriction lifts in a week the prices for a bunch of items will probably go down hard.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derExperte, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Dark Scavenger -- MB-D8BBFC6C926421D5 - Taken by lindarasta

Arthea

Guess not everything got rolled back which means someone got my DOTA2 thingy for a few cents (I got full price so Valve's paying the difference?). Probably happened with some other stuff which means as soon as the trade restriction lifts in a week the prices for a bunch of items will probably go down hard.

I had many orders and items for sale on market then but nothing sold and noting was bought... must be my luck. How fast was it fixed anyway?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I was waiting for this news, thanks!

you were waiting for the news that has been shown on the STORE PAGE since the thing came out? :p

“NOTE: Players who currently own Don't Starve on Steam will get Don't Starve Together for free when it exits Early-Access. During Early-Access, current owners of Don't Starve get 2 copies of Don't Starve Together through the Frontier Pack at 75% off.

Kiru

you were waiting for the news that has been shown on the STORE PAGE since the thing came out? :p

“NOTE: Players who currently own Don't Starve on Steam will get Don't Starve Together for free when it exits Early-Access. During Early-Access, current owners of Don't Starve get 2 copies of Don't Starve Together through the Frontier Pack at 75% off.
Maybe waiting for the exact release date ?

Arthea

of course not ;) it can't ... otherwise frosty wouldn't have anything to hate them for ;)

It's one thing that I agree with frostie about, if a game has achievements on console, any console and has no on PC, that only means that we are treated like third tier gamers, in line of "it's PC who cares", Ubi is guilty of this, EA all the time and many others. Why should we be happy about it? It's one of features that games have, why are we denied that?

derExperte

The romance thing is a funny one time jab to Bioware, but that's about it.

GTAV is full of 'he, remember when that was funny in Vice City?'-jokes though. The whole affair felt stale and regurgitated. Still not bad in itself but they have to come up with something more fresh than edgy social commentary for VI. Having said that SR has been written into a corner too, no idea what's next for them.

I had many orders and items for sale on market then but nothing sold and noting was bought... must be my luck. How fast was it fixed anyway?

An hour or so? Unfortunately I was asleep.

Tenrius

It's been almost a year since Kentucky Route Zero Act III and from what I've read in the secret newsletter (heh heh heh), it doesn't look like Act IV is coming in the immediate future. Oh well. Time to replay the first three acts, I guess.

derExperte

I'm almost finished with Act 1 of Witcher 2 and think the combat is annoying rubbish, like it less than W1, QTEs (which I usually don't mind in other games) are shit and so on. Does it eventually get better with certain upgrades? Are there some tricks everyone must know but doesn't? And apparently I can soon choose who to support/follow in Act 2. Don't care for either one of them, is one path considered more entertaining than the other?

Jawmuncher

GTAV is full of 'he, remember when that was funny in Vice City?'-jokes though. The whole affair felt stale and regurgitated. Still not bad in itself but they have to come up with something more fresh than funny social commentary for VI. Having said that SR has been written into a corner too, no idea what's next for them.

An hour or so? Unfortunately I was asleep.

Gotta say I agree about the social commentary. It was pretty weak, but then again it's been basically the same thing since 3. So they definitely need to do something new or give it a break.

GTAV is full of 'he, remember when that was funny in Vice City?'-jokes though. The whole affair felt stale and regurgitated. Still not bad in itself but they have to come up with something more fresh than funny social commentary for VI. Having said that SR has been written into a corner too, no idea what's next for them.
It was my first GTA so I wouldn't know.
I'm almost finished with Act 1 of Witcher 2 and think the combat is annoying rubbish, like it less than W1, QTEs (which I usually don't mind in other games) are shit and so on. Does it eventually get better with certain upgrades? Are there some tricks everyone must know but doesn't? And apparently I can soon choose who to support/follow in Act 2. Don't care for either one of them, is one path considered more entertaining than the other?
QTEs are only in boss fights, and they are very basic, not the annoying kind in Tomb Raider. Combat with normal enemies are fun, strategic like Souls games even, if you're on the right difficulty. Though the game's difficulty curve really needs some fixing.

Pick whomever you like, both are very good IMO.

Arthea

guess I won't be able to convince him to coop it with me then :(

ilXxRTGvdovNN.png
somebody had to do it

Jawmuncher

Still really hoping my lack of care for Witcher 3 pulls through so that I'm more pleased with it at the end. Remember being so hyped for 2 and being pretty let down by it. I recall thinking it was going to be something more like what we're actually getting with W3.

We shall see though.

... aaaaaaaaand we're done :) in less than a day!! ;)

So you don't want the game to get anymore money? That's pretty mean man.

I really think something is wrong with my Firefox profile, my home PC can handle 15 tabs with 500mbs of ram used. But Firefox on my own PC uses around 2 to 3 times the ram with half the number of tabs opened, with similar add-ones installed.

fantomena

Only reason console Don't Starve had trophies is because Sony pushed them to make them.

Not playing/buying a game on Steam because the game doesn't support achievements or parts of Steamworks is pretty stupid imo.

Grief.exe

Only reason console Don't Starve had trophies is because Sony pushed them to make them.

Not playing/buying a game on Steam because the game doesn't support achievements or parts of Steamworks is pretty stupid imo.

Not to mention it's a great game if you are into the genre, but I agree it is silly to pass up for such arbitrary reasons.

Jawmuncher

Goes both ways. On PC they basically said this kind of fame can't have achievements, then basically went FU with the PS4 version having it. Granted it's mandatory there but when you talk all of that and go around and do it somewhere else it's kind of messed up to your fan base.

MUnited83

For you.

Only reason console Don't Starve had trophies is because they are mandatory. But if they went all the way to make trophies there, then yes, they should make achievements on steam as well. It's not hard at all. They are purposefully withholding a feature for PC gamers they already implemented in other platforms.

derExperte

Uhu, I can't remember QTE for W2 except one during
Kraken fight

That fight made me almost quit the game, not only because of the QTEs. But there are random ones in a bunch of cutscenes too, just had one that would probably meant instant death. I don't have a problem with them in action games or if they're done like in for example Mass Effect. But this, this is crap.

Arthea

how is that more stupid than demanding that games have cards? If we have feature available, we want it implemented. Some don't care one way or another, some care, that's how humans tick.

Arthea is superior 50ppp confirmed.

fixed

MUnited83

For you.
Thread of the day: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1039477

Steam users are not obligated to have Steamworks features, it's up to the devs. Like, we are neither obligated to get summer sales, but we get them.

It's still a dick move when you take a stance against achievements, but then sell out and put achievements anyway because of money, but you don't put those features for the people who supported the game in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom