• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

I've gotten over the people who don't like JW at this point. Movies still poised to a 100+ million opening not counting the international market. So a new franchise is pretty much confirmed already. So more dinos for me.

ExoSoul

Banned
I see you don't love me.
brokenheart-54.gif

Teams and partys aren't the same thing =P

Parsnip

Flickr by a country mile. Granted it's always been aimed at photographers but it's easy to use, plenty of library manage and social options if that's your thing and 1tb of storage pretty much seals the deal.

Imgur has its uses but anything over 1mb will get compressed but that's good if you just want to dump random screenhots and cropped screencaps and not fuck over eveyone's bandwidth.

If only flickr interface wasn't such hot garbage.
I'm still using sta.sh for most of my screenshots.

edit: It's dA related site, so if you have a dA account you already have a stash account as well.

For anyone curious, here are some screenshots of mine.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

edit: It's dA related site, so if you have a dA account you already have a stash account as well.

Yeah, Flickr is great for the sizes it's able to handle but getting to the actual image you want to post is so much of a hassle that it's worthless to me except for emergency situations.

Chariot

Nep nep you say
Oh yes.

What?! :(

It's my favorite VN of all time! :(
I am so sorry, but I was utterly bored. I loved the Zero Escape entries, Katawa Shoujo and Saya no Uta, but F/SN? Sorry, super boring. Characters were very bland, Shiro is an idiot and the action isn't getting more intense if you shake the screen.

https://instagram.com/p/3Og52Nvq-9/

readin ebooks in front of a publisher stand like idgaf

bought a witcher book
I thought you were at least one woman. Maybe two.

Tsk, tsk. You should really go look at how very different the stories and thematic narrative of the AssCreed series has drastically changed from the first entry. The later games have more or less pantomime villains with dastardly motives and paint a very clear black and white, good verses evil narrative that's so played out in popular entertainment.

The first game on the other hand had you tasked of bringing down 9 men of power in the Holy Lands of the 3rd Crusade, on both sides of the conflict. So while all your targets had an affiliation to the Templar Order they all had different motives and allegiances to either the Crusader's or the Saracen's. Some of these men weren't doing their deeds for fame, money or power but because they thought that they could make a difference to others lives, to protect citizens from invaders to their lands, even religious motives and some in their final moments became remorseful for their past actions.

All of your targets were actual players in the conflict who were recorded dead or missing in 1191. The backstory and design of the Assassin order is based very, very closely on the Hashashin with very few deviations for artistic licence unlike the later games.
Interesting. I stand corrected then. Still not very intruged, I tried to play the game, but after Dishonored it was just BAD.

Dr Dogg

For anyone curious, here are some screenshots of mine.

If you use Chrome Alo81 made a really great and simple extension that makes it real easy to get full sized links out of Flickr.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/og-flickr/fichomnnmpafldcbpelajknhhmcafcca

sta.sh is pretty good though I'll give you that and really plugs in well with DeviantArt.

Interesting. I stand corrected then. Still not very intruged, I tried to play the game, but after Dishonored it was just BAD.

Hey it's AssCreed. It's not the story the turns most folks off, it's the core gameplay.

L.O.R.D

Speaking of AssCreed, Ubi posted these Unity stats yesterday.

16,000+ years of AssCreed sounds like bliss to me.

those numbers are hilarious
its like they showing us some big number to say wow
but in fact this numbers are very very low

compare this number to any other online game and you will know

Parsnip

If you use Chrome Alo81 made a really great and simple extension that makes it real easy to get full sized links out of Flickr.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/og-flickr/fichomnnmpafldcbpelajknhhmcafcca

Yup. I've been recommending that extension to some people in the screenshot thread because they were grabbing the direct "download" links from flickr, and the way the mime types (or whatever) have been set for those makes them uncacheable (this is probably a word) by browsers. Made the thread a pain to browse when nothing was caching.

Large abload images don't seem to cache either, here's hoping that people stop using that shit for larger images. I haven't seen other people complain though, so maybe I'm just crazy. :p

Chariot

those numbers are hilarious
its like they showing us some big number to say wow
but in fact this numbers are very very low

compare this number to any other online game and you will know
Yeah, wonder what Witcher 3's numbers would look like after a month. Ubisoft can plough off.

it can be brought up. We just can't have a thread derail on it in here or threads made.

I know we can bring up the name, but I'm pretty sure it would be a bad idea to post a trailer for Moero Chronicle in Vita threads. Unless there are different levels of banning here.
The ban is fucking stupid if there are no written rules we can follow.

Chariot

I know we can bring up the name, but I'm pretty sure it would be a bad idea to post a trailer for Moero Chronicle in Vita threads. Unless there are different levels of banning here.
Of course there are, dear. You should know how people react to anime in comparison to violence. Hell, I am sure we have NRA-members and supporters here who jerk of to this.

Jawmuncher

The ban is fucking stupid if there are no written rules we can follow.

It's like walking on ice. The word I got from admin is on community side it can be brought up and what not. But no threads and no in depth discussion. Pretty much the link is fine but we can't really talk about it much.

Gonna be a calm sale this time for me. Doubt the ones I'd like will drop to good enough prices. No worries though. Plenty games wait to be played.
Not sure how credible this is, but apparently Hola is selling access to users' computers as nodes.
Welp. Welp. Welp welp welp.
That's crazy, some people should know better! They're silly!
Paper Sorcerer and Swapper. Nice.
epnktg.gif

Parsnip

I've been ploughing through Witcher 3, I'm like 25 hours in and I'm just finishing up the Bloody Baron questline. This game will take me 100+ hours to finish I guess.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
June 11th...before E3

COINCIDENCE?

In a way, the date would make sense. Perhaps by having a sale going at the same time as E3, they'd make a stronger case for why people should try Steam Boxes. There is a PC-centric show this year after all, even if I'm not sure how much Valve is involved at all this year. Vive + Steam Boxes and a push with sales sounds like a nice three hit combo.

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Yury -- MB-EF691F1DE699DB84 - Taken by DaBargainHunta

take it for the +1 if you want it

In a way, the date would make sense. Perhaps by having a sale going at the same time as E3, they'd make a stronger case for why people should try Steam Boxes. There is a PC-centric show this year after all, even if I'm not sure how much Valve is involved at all this year. Vive + Steam Boxes and a push with sales sounds like a nice three hit combo.

From everything we know

they aren't

at all

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
From everything we know

they aren't

at all

That's about what I figured, though I recalled someone on twitter (Chet?) commenting that they most he'd be involved with anything at a certain trade show would be for VR purposes. I couldn't recall if that was E3 or something that had already happened this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom