• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

I want to play Witcher 3.
I want to play Akiba's Trip.
I also want to play Phantom Breaker.
And tomorrow is Nep-Nep day.

Fuck me.
#FirstWorldProblems

Miguel81

I really want to pick up Wolfenstein TNO. It's beckoning me, but I must wait for Steam sale. Trails in the Sky should also get a nice drop, as the Ys titles tend to do.

Dr Dogg

I don't know. Templer I guess, who are white and christian? But point is the Assassins in AC aren't what they were in our world. They're the good ones, are they not? And also an ancient group that fights for freedom and the people against bad bad opressive templers. The real assassins were nothing like that.
The equivalent would be playing on the site of ISIS in the next Call of Duty.

Tsk, tsk. You should really go look at how very different the stories and thematic narrative of the AssCreed series has drastically changed from the first entry. The later games have more or less pantomime villains with dastardly motives and paint a very clear black and white, good verses evil narrative that's so played out in popular entertainment.

The first game on the other hand had you tasked of bringing down 9 men of power in the Holy Lands of the 3rd Crusade, on both sides of the conflict. So while all your targets had an affiliation to the Templar Order they all had different motives and allegiances to either the Crusader's or the Saracen's. Some of these men weren't doing their deeds for fame, money or power but because they thought that they could make a difference to others lives, to protect citizens from invaders to their lands, even religious motives and some in their final moments became remorseful for their past actions.

All of your targets were actual players in the conflict who were recorded dead or missing in 1191. The backstory and design of the Assassin order is based very, very closely on the Hashashin with very few deviations for artistic licence unlike the later games.

Arthea

Hey, don't forget about the other Japanese game coming to Steam tomorrow.

Nep Nep is paramount, besides he was panicking

edited: btw, Groupees steam group is having Akiba giveaway, granted chances are very low, but those lucky of you still can try

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
The final piece of Evil Within DLC, The Executioner, was much better than I thought it'd be. Very arcadey, kind of boss rush-y, but the bosses were varied and fun. A bit short, but enjoyable.

I was addicted to the throwing mechanic you can do in the DLC.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

wilflare

I'm playing Life is Strange right now.
it's beautiful... and strange.

and with DSR on - the Steam Overlay is hopelessly small - What can I do?

I'm playing Life is Strange right now.
it's beautiful... and strange.

and with DSR on - the Steam Overlay is hopelessly small - What can I do?

Ha, I noticed this with HTS since I enabled DSR.
It's great fun trying to read what Ningen is writing to me when it's so ridiculously tiny.

baterism

Summer sale... is 11 June seriously? That's almost just 2 weeks from now.

Time to keep a close watch on gem market. I wonder what meta-game they will roll out this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom