• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

didamangi

From the book of Morningbus:

VpkAs3h.gif

It's rumored Mirror's Edge 2 is only online and open world too.

Nooooooooo :/

theycan'tkeepgettingawaywithit.gif

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
All I want from Mirror's Edge 2 or any other parkour game someone could make, besides good controls and mechanics, is create-a-level that will be shared online.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Hinomura, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deep Dungeons Of Doom -- MB-2A6867908882ADD6 - Taken by chronomac. 6 entrants total.
Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-058FB7CADAC3AD7D - Taken by bluechox2. 3 entrants total.
Terrian Saga KR-17 -- MB-4DAA0C78BE39ACEB - Taken by Conrad Link. 4 entrants total.
Survivalist -- MB-6D27911F313DEC14 - Taken by Loptous. 2 entrants total.
NaissanceE -- MB-1838FAB1FABF6A70 - Taken by Catshade. 6 entrants total.
Deadly Sin 2 -- MB-5B032215ED0F477F - Taken by SeZMehK. 1 entrants total.
Knock knock -- MB-36F22716956CC605 - Taken by alr1ght. 4 entrants total.
Quest for Infamy -- MB-D795A6FACFC69251 - Taken by lindarasta. 1 entrants total.
Danmaku Unlimited 2 -- MB-0AF7A513ED436B0C - Taken by Ezalc. 2 entrants total.
Betrayer -- MB-1B4AF9D313EB05F1 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
Quest of Dungeons -- MB-7F3DECF3E520BAB2 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
Joylancer -- MB-9B41E3E040CE2220 - Taken by Ezalc. 1 entrants total.
Bit dungeon II -- MB-E7E58CE708160C8D - Taken by Catshade. 2 entrants total.
The Last Door Collector's Edition -- MB-7D0B2A0A5BB39893 - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 1 entrants total.
Jones On Fire -- MB-24E599FB564CAFF5 - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.
BoxesWithGuns -- MB-79F3013FD39BA74A - Taken by Vlad. 1 entrants total.
Sentinel -- MB-83701943D042E2DA - Taken by Tesseract. 1 entrants total.
Siege of Inaolia -- MB-8C06FEFB39F82495 - Taken by Chreznor. 2 entrants total.
Gun Monkeys -- MB-377B77E7C4956426
Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage -- MB-18CE43A7ACA17A0A
The UnderGarden -- MB-C78FFEA7378E01B7 - Taken by XShagrath. 1 entrants total.

t1432864380z1.png

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
LMAO @ EA learning nothing from their franchise-killing online-only bullshit.

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't think i've ever felt as burned as i have with project phoenix

Apology update

I just want to drop in and say that we're sorry that we haven't made much update over the past month. My days are spent with helping other companies complete their games and working on paid development contracts and nights / weekends are spent working on Project Phoenix.

The cause of radio silence during the past month has been the result of many meetings and studio time to create a story concept for Project Phoenix, which would really set a better understanding to the world of Azuregard.

Here's a sneak peek at what new artwork / character design we've been working on. The work is created out of my own personal funds (don't tell my wife and kids) and I've asked someone very very famous animator to animate it in a very awesome way. This animation will be used in a special place in the game and also, will give you hidden information about the people of Azuregard.

and then some random concept art

it's just such a shitty way of running a kickstarter, it doesn't do anything but make you mad. it's been two years, how are they still in meetings trying to create a "story concept", wtf. how is it that they're still doing character art payed with their own money and why is the game's director mainly working on the game during "hobby hours"

like, i understand the release date was pushed all the way to 2016 but these updates are so damn shitty

it's so depressing when it's like a pc jrpg with nobuo uematsu doing the music and like such pretty concept art

like it should be so fucking good, ugh

Dsyndrome

it's just such a shitty way of running a kickstarter, it doesn't do anything but make you mad. it's been two years, how are they still in meetings trying to create a "story concept", wtf. how is it that they're still doing character art payed with their own money and why is the game's director mainly working on the game during "hobby hours"

like, i understand the release date was pushed all the way to 2016 but these updates are so damn shitty

it's so depressing when it's like a pc jrpg with nobuo uematsu doing the music and like such pretty concept art

Will still probably be out before FFXV and Kingdom Hearts.

I was thinking about that project yesterday.

Really neat that he releases a demo.

Swery really surprises me how down to earth he is. Really cool guy. Hope his games get much more success now that many more can experience it.
It's rumored Mirror's Edge 2 is only online and open world too.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=162815398#post162815398

hah hah :(
That.. would blow :(

Why does this online-only-always-whatever get more and more into games which turned out splendid without it for the past several decades? I don't see much advantage in most new games adopting this needlessly.

zkylon

zkylewd
Will still probably be out before FFXV and Kingdom Hearts.
dunno, i just want this one cos i already got excited about it

tho hot anime guy road trip sounds like a cool game

I was thinking about that project yesterday.
if things like godus didn't exist i'd say this game was pretty mismanaged but i guess molyneux puts everything in perspective

i don't care as much about the money as just my general disappointment at this game pretty much being dead

dunno, i just want this one cos i already got excited about it

tho hot anime guy road trip sounds like a cool game

if things like godus didn't exist i'd say this game was pretty mismanaged but i guess molyneux puts everything in perspective

i don't care as much about the money as just my general disappointment at this game pretty much being dead

I remember seeing some screens and getting disappointed.

Ori has a great artstyle, wonderful music, and a lot of good things going into it.
But some of the gameplay design makes me wonder how this game got so much praise. The chase sequences, some of the moveset/ability design, etc.

Sarcasm

Hey Darkest Dungeon got a free content update!

Wonder if the new classes are from the kickstarter thing. I can't find the information on the KS anymore though.

Khronico

Darn good video games I already own/have beaten.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Khronico:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Khronico, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Dawn of War 2 -- MB-AF3564330CBD0154 - Taken by Kurt Russell
WH40K Space Marine -- MB-40FC5359478001B3 - Taken by iosefe
t1cxE6r.gif
Dawn of War 2 Retribution -- MB-65034A1B75461ACF - Taken by Lomax
Dawn of War GOTY -- MB-F844A82C3BCA4E6F - Taken by texhnolyze

Jazz573

Can't wait until tomorrow so I can finally buy NepNep2 and not play it because I have so many games to play. I haven't even played NepNep1, and I probably won't play either anytime soon, since I'm preoccupied with Chaos;Head.

Of course there is another major Japanese game on Steam tomorrow, Grisaia. I won't be buying it because I backed the kickstarter for the all-ages physical and 18+ digital versions. If you are willing to play the 18+ version (reminder that sekaiproject says it won't release for another month), then I suggest waiting for that. Even if you are bothered by adult content or don't want to wait, I still suggest getting the Steam version, with a precaution that quite a lot of story is lost in the all-ages version, as I feel sekaiproject deserves the support especially since they are also publishing plenty of good all-ages projects, namely Clannad which is releasing by the end of the year..

Vamphuntr

yea the art is nothing too exciting but what really feels like shit is the lack of progress and how neglected the project feels

ugh

It's sad because they got like a million and they don't seem to be really anxious about delivering to the people that paid that million.

Clearly EA has learned many lessons from Sim City's launch, reception and continued success. I looked forward to watching both the festival of stupid that will be Need For Speed and Mirror's Edge 2's marketing and how shitheels in the enthusiast press, like Arthur Geis, will leap to defend such things.

I finished max Payne 2.

I have no idea what happened but I think mona died again. At least the platforming in this game is almost nonexistent because that shit really sucked in mp1. That, and the terribad garbage tightrope walking dream sequences which should never have made the cut.

I tried booting up max Payne 3 just to compare and the tone is completely off. It's like rockstar wanted to make a shooter and figured that cashing in on the max Payne name was a way to go about it. max just seems like a snarky jerk instead of a tortured noir protagonist who is trying to do right. Meh.

Salsa

I finished max Payne 2.

I have no idea what happened but I think mona died again. At least the platforming in this game is almost nonexistent because that shit really sucked in mp1. That, and the terribad garbage tightrope walking dream sequences which should never have made the cut.

I tried booting up max Payne 3 just to compare and the tone is completely off. It's like rockstar wanted to make a shooter and figured that cashing in on the max Payne name was a way to go about it. max just seems like a snarky jerk instead of a tortured noir protagonist who is trying to do right. Meh.

Max Payne 3 is better than 2

Max Payne 3 is a fantastic game and it has the best gunplay of any third person shooter

TEARS shootout sequence at the airport top 5 gaming moment of last gen

fight me irl

Max Payne 3 is better than 2

Max Payne 3 is a fantastic game and it has the best gunplay of any third person shooter

HEALTH shootout sequence at the airport near the end top 5 gaming moment of last gen

fight me irl

It might be a better shooter, but it feels like a max payne direct to video sequel storywise. And when half of the appeal of the first two games was to see how dumb and convoluted the noir stylings of its plot would get, well, this overproduced story stuff doesn't hold a candle to the first two games

Plus, the lack of address unknown and dick justice means I'll probably be spending less time starting an inch x inch section of my screen, trying to see the ridiculous fake TV shows that air in the game.

rtcn63

Salsa loving Max Payne 3 explains a lot of things, mainly that he has more than questionable taste and possibly has killed a few people.

Parsnip

Yeeeah.
I unsubbed from their updates a long time ago because it didn't seem like nothing meaningful was happening. I've essentially written that whole game off, if it comes out then great, but at this point I don't have any faith in it.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's sad because they got like a million and they don't seem to be really anxious about delivering to the people that paid that million.

from the updates i get they don't feel like a real developer

like doublebear had really troubled development for dead state, with the game being insanely overambitious and way out of their league but you still felt like the game was constantly progressing. there were constant updates and betas and in-depth explanations about the systems in the game and general design, there were also forum posts by the different team members, etc., and that game got 1/3rd of this and had a game that's probably a lot more ambitious

Yeeeah.
I unsubbed from their updates a long time ago because it didn't seem like nothing meaningful was happening. I've essentially written that whole game off, if it comes out then great, but at this point I don't have any faith in it.
yeah pretty much, i've lost all my faith on the project and at this point i just consider it wasted money. my mistake for getting hyped and not researching better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom