• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm still making my way through The Witcher 2. I don't think I''l have it finished before the third releases. Which is fine with me as I am really enjoying playing through it!

You've still got a couple of weeks. TW2's main campaign isn't all that long, really.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
aparently Veggie thinks I died

wait...did I? hmmm would explain why my sex life went down the shitter, what with being a ghost and all :(

Reality Pump is dead :(

shame

The DRM or the studio?

What? But they promised I could be 2" longer in 60 d...wait, did you say Reality Pump?

*one google search later*

Oh, wow, Raven's Cry did THAT badly? It looked like it had potential but yeah, I gotta say they have nobody to blame but themselves for that one.

Please tell me you're kidding. Raven's Cry was a piece of trash that should never have been released. After numerous delays, they still released something that barely passes as a prototype, filled with poor quality content and half-finished ideas.

Even it's best element (SteamGAF remembers the NSFW song!) couldn't redeem it. Which says a lot.

What? But they promised I could be 2" longer in 60 d...wait, did you say Reality Pump?

Oh, wow, Raven's Cry did THAT badly? It looked like it had potential but yeah, I gotta say they have nobody to blame but themselves for that one.

I didn't even realize the game had been released. It's a shame the game is drek as I could have gone for some piratey goodness. Looks as though the game is nothing but piratey badness though.

Tizoc

Ayo Veggie
54546-Cheers-Toast-gif-OLQT.gif

again, the cost of each download isn't worth it to them. when you download something from PSN, publishers pay for each download. It isn't free for them, and i'm assuming that redownloads probably have a cost to them, too.

I'm not saying it's right, i'm saying that i can see how keeping it up on a server makes zero business sense given that the game is dead. It also sets a precedent i can't get behind, not allowing you access to something you've downloaded in the past.

Konami just needs to sell off its gaming division, or at least sell any IP that isn't Metal Gear since that's all they're producing anymore really.

Ah so it's from their point of view, though TBH when lesser companies can let you download a game/content despite it being remove, as many times as you want, I don't get how a bigger company like Konami would seem affected by this.

Dr Dogg

I wonder if I will I be cursing all those 100's of times I saw Two Worlds 1 and 2 on a 85% off sale and decided against snagging them up due to stupid activation limited DRM?

aparently Veggie thinks I died

wait...did I? hmmm would explain why my sex life went down the shitter, what with being a ghost and all :(

I don't know, it worked out alright for Patrick Swayze, how's your pottery skills? In the film Ghost of course, not rifting on that now he's dead he gets all the ladies.

the studio .... unfortunately

I see; a shame. As my post above shows, they had the ideas, but never the execution. Hopefully they all find work where they can implement their ideas well.

I'll have to play 2W2 one day... assuming I can remember the details to my Reality Pump account. (An aside, but small companies with garbage like DRM accounts is the worst.)

Lain

It looked like it had potential but the state in which they released it and how long it took them to develop it I'm not surprised. Still sucks.

In other news, that bundlestars killer bundle is great. I only got to play a little of Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey before the wife took over. She played it quite a bit last night and really enjoyed herself. I always like it when my wife and I both can agree on a game. I'm also looking forward to trying out Super Motherload in co op mode with the family.

Xanathus

Is Steam the only place to get a Steam version of The Witcher 3? I really want to get it on GMG since it's cheaper and I have $15 of credit but it looks like every online retailer other than on Steam gives only a GOG key. Will the Steam version have Steam achievements, and will I be able to activate the Steam version on GOG as well?

madjoki

So apparently GMG is now shady reseller too? :D

A representative for CD Projekt Red tells GameSpot that Green Man Gaming's Witcher 3 codes are coming from an "unknown source." As such, none of the revenue from Green Man Gaming's current Witcher 3 promotion will go to GOG.com or CD Projekt Red. If you'd like to buy The Witcher 3 directly from CD Projekt Red, head to the game's GOG.com page here.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-dev-disputes-39-witcher-3-promotion/1100-6427129/

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Is Steam the only place to get a Steam version of The Witcher 3? I really want to get it on GMG since it's cheaper and I have $15 of credit but it looks like every online retailer other than on Steam gives only a GOG key. Will the Steam version have Steam achievements, and will I be able to activate the Steam version on GOG as well?

Achievements is a good question. I would have thought they'd be listed on the Store page by now, I've never really paid attention to whether or not unreleased games mention achievements. I'd assume it was Steamworks and has cheezmos since TW2 does.

I'd also guess GOG might do dual activations around when TW3 goes "enhanced." But maybe they won't be going that route this time, what with a season pass and all?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It's only been 6 days and there's already 30+ pages. You guys moves fast while I was gone.

Current thread got put up early.

Comparing equivalent time periods:

Current thread after 6 days (at this time) had 60 pages, 50ppp.

Previous thread after 6 days (at this same time period) had 71 pages, 50ppp.

Bustatorship stays winning.

#bitter.

Turfster

Curse of Nordic Cove keys now available for IR Debut 5

MacGameStore has Civ:Beyond Earth 65% off

Groupees Be Mine 19 starting soon, no preorder yet.

IndieRoyale Mixer 19 bundle
Price: 2$
  • 1Quest
  • Runes of Brennos
  • Chaos Engine
  • GunWorld
  • Gold Rush Classic
  • They Breathe
  • Block Legend DX
  • House of 1000 Doors: Family Secrets

Dr Dogg

So I know the AssCreed hatred in strong in here today but has anyone played the Helix Rifts in Unity? I get they were going for the old glitch in the matrix aesthetic but the effects they went for sure looks like GPU artifacting to me. Well I don't smell burning so I guess all is good.

Finally, a good Daily.

Or as the rest of us see your post "Ah finally a Daily I don't own" :p

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
So I know the AssCreed hatred in strong in here today but has anyone played the Helix Rifts in Unity? I get they were going for the old glitch in the matrix aesthetic but the effects they went for sure looks like GPU artifacting to me. Well I don't smell burning so I guess all is good.

Or as the rest of us see your post "Ah finally a Daily I don't own" :p
It's like that in the console too so I think you're safe here.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spare:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Curse of Nordic Cove -- MB-C695A39849B246F6 - Taken by The_Super_Inframan

SSPssp

Curse of Nordic Cove keys now available for IR Debut 5

MacGameStore has Civ:Beyond Earth 65% off

Groupees Be Mine 19 starting soon, no preorder yet.

IndieRoyale Mixer 19 bundle
Price: 2$
  • 1Quest
  • Runes of Brennos
  • Chaos Engine
  • GunWorld
  • Gold Rush Classic
  • They Breathe
  • Block Legend DX
  • House of 1000 Doors: Family Secrets

I'm only missing one so I'm passing. At least it looks like they're keeping the price stable. I'm really glad that they've stopped doing that always rising price recently.

Edit: Never mind, the price is just rising slowly because no one is buying. Stupid IndieRoyale.

pahamrick

Has anyone ever canceled and refunded a pre-order from Nuveem? And if so, about how long did it take?

My buddy didn't want a copy of Arkham Knight so I'm trying to cancel my Nuveem pre-order.

garath

Is Tera any good? I have little interest in MMORPGs but I've been tempted by the likes of FFXIV and now Tera. The action combat system sounds cool.

What's the hook in the Free to play?

Out of curiosity, what makes them not legit? Are they acquiring illicit copies of the games? Using some shady loopholes? I trust you guys but I just want to know the reason or specific practices.

Neither devs nor publishers get any money from sales generated on those websites.

I've got a potentially dumb question about the GMG Witcher 3 stuff.

The Gamespot article says that GOG/CDP get no money from the sale of these codes. However, if the codes exist then doesn't that mean there had to be a transaction at some point for these codes to exist, meaning that they'd have their slice of the pie?

Vlad

I mean, it wasn't bad but it didn't really do much for me. I've never been a huge DC fan so the Batman appeal isn't really there. For me, the combat got pretty repetitive very quickly and even unlocking new weapons and such didn't really do anything for me.

The game was also pretty light on the Metroid-vania elements which is one of the things I was initially drawn to.

Obviously the game and the series gets lots of praise, but if Asylum is indeed the best one like a lot of people say, then I'm not too eager to play City/Origins/Knight.

Oh, good, so it's not just me. I just finished a playthrough of the game fairly recently, and it was just kind of "bleh". Sure, hearing Mark Hamil as the Joker again brought back all sorts of flashbacks from hearing him in the animated series back in the 90s, but I found the game itself to be rather bland. I completely agree on the combat. It started out kind of neat, but just felt stiff and ended up taking WAY too long, especially later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom