• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

Doom 3 suffers from Alice syndrome in that it goes on for far too long without really changing things up enough.

Still, cool atmosphere.

The second has lolis and otaku pervert crap so it's not a very difficult battle.

Exactly. The first game didn't force me into a loli shower scene.

On a more serious note, another difference between them was that
in the first game the students were always trying to figure out who/what Monokuma was and were always working towards escaping from the school. This never happens in Danganronpa 2. They never question why they're getting bossed around by a stuffed bear and rabbit and they never actually attempt to escape from the island. Also, a fully locked down, welded shut school is a lot more down to earth than 'monobeasts' guarding gates. This is what I meant when I said the second game had a lot more "only in video games" things.

The PC version of Doom has the reversible cover without any logos or text on it. Looks pretty sweet.

Asgaro

Fuck System Shock 2 graphical mods. Seriously.

16548.jpg

SS2-mods-enemies-midwife2.png

What the hell is wrong with people.

Not my proudest fap.

Ludens

Banned
So, a friend gifted me the DLCs for MGSV (multiplayer ones), and he did that with the only purpose to troll me.
First he gifted me the emote pack, saying something like "Eh, I screwed because I thought this was the real DLC, but it's just a bunch of useless emotes", so I was ok, thanks anyway, I doubt I will play the game anytime soon, anyway, since it's full of cheaters, P2P, the usual stuff we discussed a lot, since he played the game on PS4.
Like one hour later he gifted me the real DLC, Cloaked in Silence, with a "now you have no excuse, lol" message attached to it.

I don't know what to do, because he actually spent money on that garbage, but he did it only with the purpose to have a joke on me since I hated (still hate) MGO3.

I think I will just install the game, play a couple of match and that's it, just to not waste totally his purchase. He is still laughing on me :S

Messiah

So, a friend gifted me the DLCs for MGSV (multiplayer ones), and he did that with the only purpose to troll me.
First he gifted me the emote pack, saying something like "Eh, I screwed because I thought this was the real DLC, but it's just a bunch of useless emotes", so I was ok, thanks anyway, I doubt I will play the game anytime soon, anyway, since it's full of cheaters, P2P, the usual stuff we discussed a lot, since he played the game on PS4.
Like one hour later he gifted me the real DLC, Cloaked in Silence, with a "now you have no excuse, lol" message attached to it.

I don't know what to do, because he actually spent money on that garbage, but he did it only with the purpose to have a joke on me since I hated (still hate) MGO3.

I think I will just install the game, play a couple of match and that's it, just to not waste totally his purchase. He is still laughing on me :S
Remove it from your account and have him gift it again.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
So glad I gave Transistor another shot. Finished it yesterday, great game. There are some OP skill combos that make even NG+ a joke though. Void + crash + purge, then some aoe dmg with cull and you can end most fights in a few turns. The late game abilities are crazy powerful.

I'd finish NG+, but there's a thing called Uncharted 4 I gotta do first

mp1990

Banned
I can't think of anything 2 did better than 1. Especially when it comes to the trials. All those extra mini games just dragging stuff out.
I'm on the completely opposite side of this. Excluding the Improved Hangman minigame, which is undoubtedly bad, I think DG2 improved on literally everything else from the former game. The cases, cast, main plot, everything is miles better. I find DG1 to be a nice, albeit flawed, game, while I think that DG2 is one of the best VNs ever made.

The second has lolis and otaku pervert crap so it's not a very difficult battle.
We can agree in parts. I do think that the otaku pandering in the second game was excessive, and some of the fan service scenes bothered me quite a bit. However, in spite of Hiyoko being an awful character, I don't think that the "loli part" is the worst offender in her personality, more that she's annoying and obnoxious (though, to be fair, I didn't complete her "social link" in my playthrough). In comparison, I'd say that the evil gang of kids in Another Despair were way worse loli characters, especially the pink haired girl. That said, those aspects didn't get in my way while I was playing it, but it's completely understandable if they bothered you and other members.

Ludens

Banned
I want Code Veronica on Pc and possibly RE3 too, but a remake.
I approve Asura's Wrath, never played it even if for me it's on the 5€ price range, since it's only a gigantic QTE.
God Hand is awesome, but that in my opinion needs serious work, because it was ancient even on PS2, a lot of clipping issues etc, the gameplay and characters are great.
Also yes for Dino Crisis too, those games are not even available on EU PSN.

Remove it from your account and have him gift it again.

Lol. I think I won't bother to install MGSV again, I still need to download FFX and honestly I don't want to touch the game again with a stick for the moment.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I loved that song, but not the dude parts. I listened to an acoustic version she did for MTV over and over.

Blame the label for that part. Short history lesson but the label wanted to push a "rapper" in all songs to sign Evanescence but Amy was devastated and didn't wanted to do it and they ended up agreeing with just adding a "rapper" to the first single and the rest would be untouched. Amy dislikes the album version of Bring Me To Life for that reason pretty much and has been vocal about it.

Shiokazu

Where's the Okami love?

Everywhere.

Trisigned

We already have a Zelda game on steam I want Monster Hunter instead

if that was a problem a single VN would have entered steam, now theres a bajillion of those " games "

i say, bring Okami, its a beautiful game with a beautiful story and beautiful characters and beautiful mechanics.

not to mention, I find it to be fun. My favourite game of all time.

Day 1 mod to skip that ridiculous cutscene would instantly make PC Okami the definitive one.

But if we're going to dream might as well dream big.

MEGAMAN LEGENDS 3 RESURRECTED FOR PC!

BELIEVE!

Tellaerin

If it's not Asura's Wrath, Okami, Dino Crisis 1, Ace Attorney, God Hand or Ghost Trick, they failed.

I'd prefer Dino Crisis 2 over the first one, tbh. (DC2 also goes to show that Capcom changing up some installments of their franchises to give them more of an action bent is hardly anything new.)

Random tangent but all the Monster Hunter lust reminded me of Monster Rancher, wouldn't a PC version of that game that could use any file on your computer to generate creatures be so cool?!

The PC version was exclusive to EU and JP I believe.

But that wouldnt matter nowadays though. Thats why I mean they could take that version, maybe add more things like modern resolution support, Steam-APIs, do a QA and release it.
We have like 15-20 year old "Shovelware" games on Steam, so it shouldnt be a problem for Capcom to release one of their old PC games on it.

Random tangent but all the Monster Hunter lust reminded me of Monster Rancher, wouldn't a PC version of that game that could use any file on your computer to generate creatures be so cool?!

I have a Sashagraysauros!

Tellaerin

I don't wanna live in a world where Monster Hunter is a fail. :l

Maybe I'm missing something about Monster Hunter, but I was never able to get into that franchise. I remember playing one of them on the PSP (Freedom Unite?) and it felt to me like a plodding, clunky take on stuff like PSU:AotI and Phantasy Star Portable 2. Is that something that changes the more you play, or is it just one of those series that's not going to click with me?

Monster Rancher was my jam though. Love those games, bring it back.

I loved Monster Rancher back in the day. Maybe they could use files on your PC as seeds to generate monsters, since CD's are pretty much not a thing anymore nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom