• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no, the Unbidden have come, and spawned right next to my empire. Whatever shall I do?

Maybe just shove my 170k worth of fleet power down their throats.

Paradox pls make the end game harder.

Woah, did they name a faction after Imperial Raddch from Ancillary Justice and such, or is that stuff you named or something?

Knurek

FFX HD currently at 55k owners.
Still a full third day of sales before SteamSpy starts being semi-accurate.
Final Fantasy Ivalice Bundle on Steam when?

Nzyme32

Shit. The purchase date for my motherboard is the day before the Free Doom promotion is valid..... time to fudge it

OK what the heck
The yellow lights are dying off, what gives? The last few panels don't light up yellow :/
EDIT: Wait are the yellow lights INVISIBLE now?!

Hold on to that reaction - you will have it throughout the game in ways you simply won't expect

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That was only because Jesus was carrying your team from mediocrity.

Woody-Harrelson-Cry.gif

anyway Sneaky Sneaky is super neat

AHA-Lambda

Just finished Banner Saga 2, yeah that was disappointing.

Story really felt like it developed little over the previous game, can be hard to follow if you've not played the previous game recently, plus it just stops with a cliffhanger for a 3rd game we'll probably need another 2 years to wait for.

If it weren't for the comparable length and price this could've been an expansion.

Story really felt like it developed little over the previous game, can be hard to follow if you've not played the previous game recently, plus it just stops with a cliffhanger for a 3rd game we'll probably need another 2 years to wait for.

If it weren't for the comparable length and price this could've been an expansion.

What a bummer. I was so pleasantly surprised by the first game's story that I didn't care about gameplay changes as long as the sequel brought that feeling of being in an epic, but being really down in it.

I'll catch it on the cheap, I guess.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Fuck System Shock 2 graphical mods. Seriously.

16548.jpg

SS2-mods-enemies-midwife2.png

What the hell is wrong with people.

Yep, seriously awful. I don't see the point with older games. The game looks old and bad and you made it look slightly less old... but it still looks bad because it still looks 10+ years old. It's like putting lipstick on a pig.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Not sure who thought making boobs more pronounced would be a good idea for a scary enemy.

In the right context and taste, it can actually be done well.

5-capture_27052011_070243.jpg

resident-evil-6-lepotitsa.jpg

But before we go down the rabbit hole that is boob and (inevitably) dick monsters, I'm just going to cut off and say that I think a lot of this has to do for how it comes off and resides, the topic of sexuality in the horrific is a deeply fascinating one, but is also a fine line to tiptoe across if you want to tackle that from a creative perspective, and make something horrific rather than sexualized.

Agree Dusk, in horror games sexuality can be used to great effect of grossing one out but I specifically meant the way it was done in that SS2 mod.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

Weeeelllll.....I'll be avoiding

Final fight soured my enjoyment of the first game, wasn't sure whether I wanted this at all, now I know I don't.

Just learned that Bookworm Adventures 2 was pulled from the Steam store. Guess I should have bitten when it was at 50% off, instead of bemoaning my backlog.

Just finished Danganronpa 2. Save file says it took me 31.5 hours and I feel it could easily have shaved off 8 hours without losing anything. Poor pacing is the biggest problem with the game, what with all the repetition, irritating mini-games and the mundane dialogs that go on forever. That said, it was still a decent game. Second half was more interesting than the first for sure. It had some really cool moments but then it also had these "only in video games" moments that balanced them out.

The tonal shift from the first game was kind of jarring as well. Danganronpa 1 had this oppressive atmosphere (of despair?) where the stakes felt higher and there was an urgency to complete the story. In comparison, this game occurs on a tropical paradise island and it has all sorts of jokes, double entendres and comical characters that kind of suppress the serious nature of the story they're trying to tell. I guess I'm in the (apparent) minority of players who think the first game was better than the second.

Also, Zero Escape is easily better than Danganronpa.

septicore

Just finished Danganronpa 2. Save file says it took me 31.5 hours and I feel it could easily have shaved off 8 hours without losing anything. Poor pacing is the biggest problem with the game, what with all the repetition, irritating mini-games and the mundane dialogs that go on forever. That said, it was still a decent game. Second half was more interesting than the first for sure. It had some really cool moments but then it also had these "only in video games" moments that balanced them out.

The tonal shift from the first game was kind of jarring as well. Danganronpa 1 had this oppressive atmosphere (of despair?) where the stakes felt higher and there was an urgency to complete the story. In comparison, this game occurs on a tropical paradise island and it has all sorts of jokes, double entendres and comical characters that kind of suppress the serious nature of the story they're trying to tell. I guess I'm in the (apparent) minority of players who think the first game was better than the second.

100% agree with what you said about both DR games and that Zero Escape is a better series than DR.

Also, I'm in the middle of my replay of VLR and I'm amazed at about how much I've forgotten since the last time I played it. I definitely can't wait for Zero Time Dilemma to come out in June.

Jawmuncher

Can't say Zero Escape is better than Danganronpa. Not counting Despair Girls both series both have a weak sequel. But VLR is far more so. Hopefully ZTD3 and DG3 make up for them.

30 hour visual novels?

whut >_>

That's considered lighter fare. Most stuff especially multiple routes is like 60+ even skipping what you already read.

mp1990

Banned
I'm almost done with F.E.A.R, and I really, REALLY hope that whoever had the idea of adding drones to this masterpiece got fired at the spot (not really but that at least someone screamed at him). They completely diverge from an otherwise very rich and absorbing atmosphere, and on a gameplay perspective they're just bullet sponges that will wipe out all your medkits. It's kind of a bummer, really, but apart from that, it's a brilliant game, and as my first FPS on a PC I'm having a blast with it.

I haven't finished the game yet, but yeah, I don't think Danganronpa 2 is as good as the first game. Way more filler, some questionable minigames, a few new characters that I actually loathe or hate, and Monokuma doesn't get as much of a presence in this game.

I haven't finished the game yet, but yeah, I don't think Danganronpa 2 is as good as the first game. Way more filler, some questionable minigames, a few new characters that I actually loathe or hate, and Monokuma doesn't get as much of a presence in this game.

Besides that the writing is bad in Dangan2. I mean in the cases actually everyone can be the murderer. While in Dangan 1 after the investigation you pretty know much who could be the murderer, in Dangan 2 besides the first case (I am playing case 4 now), case 2+3 were ridiculous. After the investigation you dont know who could be the killer and in the last bit of the trial somehow the murderer counters one of your arguments and then you find out who it was.

And like I said. It is written so that everyone could be the murderer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom