• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

The Audioengine A2 is also $250. Personally I've switch to headphones almost exclusively, and cheapo ones at that. It's because movie dialogue tends to be too quiet and explosions loud and I had to constantly turn the dial and it annoys my fucking neighbors.

mp1990

Banned
Any speaker recommendations? My Logitech ones died months ago but I've been fine with headphones but my roommate is requesting speakers.
I have the Companion 2 Series III from Boser

companion2_bl_lg.jpg

They're not the most "refined" out there I think, but they do their job pretty damn fine.

zkylon

zkylewd
Small enter key and big left shift always look weird to me.

I'm rolling with Logitech K270 right now.

a0vurIu.jpg

yeah that's the same layout i like

i never had a fancy keyboard tho, and by fancy i mean something that costed more than $5

duno why

tho honestly i've started buying like gaming mice and they've all been super shit quality so from my experience i don't think i wanna invest in a fancier keyboard either

gngf123

This is the keyboard that I can't use any more due to keeping people awake at night:

The MX Blue switches aren't "pro gaming" at all, and I hate that it had it written on it. That said, I really love that keyboard. Great feel to type on, just loud.

Will probably get another one, or something similar one day with MX Browns or Clears.

Momentary

Banned
God damnit! Went to Gamestop for a DOOM and Street Fighter shirt to work out in... and walked out with a damn Elite controller. The damn thing doesn't even come with a charge pack or batteries.

rtcn63

I used like a $10 keyboard for years, but eventually opted for mechanical one because change of scenery and holiday discounts. I wouldn't recommend against one, they do feel good to type on. But I wouldn't consider them necessities for casual use either. If your current shit is about to break, sure.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Poker 3 keyboard is pretty sweet.

poker-3-pbt-iso-nordic-alu-casing-black-version.jpg

Looks great except:
- No arrow keys (no, fn+IJKL or fn+WASD are not suitable replacements)
- Space Commander Archer Jawline early 90s try-hard sci-fi font on the key caps (this is solvable, just remove the printing altogether)

Tenkeyless? I can get onboard, but no arrow keys? Nah, bro, nah.

Adnor

Banned
I have a Steelseries 6Gv2 with Cherry MX Black switches, not the best keyboard, but pretty good.

I don't understand leds on keyboards. Who looks at the keyboard when using it?

But I don't like leds in general, I have a G502 mouse and turn the led off.

Plus best keyboard of all time is this:

329EAWG.jpg

it's like the Nokia 3310 of Keyboards, durable, last forver (10+ years for me) and good spacing and feedback with a nice sounding key presses - even if isn't mechanical.

I am pretty sure I will never ever need another keyboard ever again.

this is actually the keyboard I have as well, I don't like it. need my media controls but to cheap to buy a new one. I will soon. but yea, the key spacing and stuff is really good on this one. We've had this keyboard since like forever, I think I've had it since my first computer which was when I was 12 or 11.

def sim

I was using a 60% keyboard for a bit, but the lack of dedicated arrow keys was something I surprisingly couldn't deal with. I initially replaced it with a Novatouch, then FC660C after a month or so.

This keyboard tenkeyless without the logo on the front of the spacebar would be real nice.

KUL makes a good, basic design TKL.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I have a leopold mechanical keyboard with full keypad and brown cherry mx switches. Sorry no pic. I love it, though I've always wanted to try torpe switches.

Lomax

My keyboard was $8 and has lasted me six and a half years at this point (generic Rosewill keyboard I bought from NewEgg when I built my computer). I'd buy a mechanical but I hate loud clicky keyboards and I've never been a place where I could actually test compare them to see if some of the quieter ones were okay. Plus I just haven't felt the need. This keyboard has lasted longer than any of the expensive mouses I've bought over the years have and I don't feel bad when it gets dirty.

Unrelated edit: Just activated a key and it gave me the install option like it used to... but then I activated a couple more and it didn't. Weird.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
some people think mechanical keyboards are all about the tactility and the sound, until they experience the substantialized feeling of weight these things provide

I don't think I will bother crafting a badge again at this point.
some people think mechanical keyboards are all about the tactility and the sound, until they experience the substantialized feeling of weight these things provide

Yup. I enjoy my first mechanical keyboard I got last Christmas. Granted it's a Logitech G710 but, I might say fuck the backlighting and change keycaps eventually.

zkylon

zkylewd
you know, i thought it was placebo but my comp is def working much better from the ram upgrade

i'm seriously surprised, it's awesome

I really need to learn how to overclock my CPU because I don't plan on upgrading any time soon, this Phenom II has carried me for the last 5 years and it will carry me 5 more

rtcn63

I really need to learn how to overclock my CPU because I don't plan on upgrading any time soon, this Phenom II has carried me for the last 5 years and it will carry me 5 more

Does your motherboard support overclocking? You can just look it up and there should be instructions.

neonglow

Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (neonglow, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Puzzle Agent 2 -- MB-037852663053EF43 - Taken by Nudull. 1 entrants total.
Nova-111 -- MB-1DD720DF641EF203 - Taken by Last Baron. 3 entrants total.
Risen -- MB-12CF8306AB737A8E - Taken by Sammichu. 1 entrants total.
8BitBoy -- MB-F4F0C7BA6918F99B - Taken by ZAMtendo. 1 entrants total.
Sam & Max: Devil's Playhouse -- MB-377DAA1150FB7AD9 - Taken by tioslash. 1 entrants total.
Dyscourse -- MB-F25801C67CB57625 - Taken by William Bonney. 1 entrants total.
Dead Island: Game of the Year Edition -- MB-554DBAE067B33955 - Taken by PhoenixDawn. 2 entrants total.
Poker Night at the Inventory -- MB-187A647A2C8EB05D - Taken by jgalat. 1 entrants total.
Puzzle Agent -- MB-8C414372A93E82AC - Taken by Stallion Free. 1 entrants total.
Saints Row 2 -- MB-A080787A8DA1E052 - Taken by Delicious Waffles. 1 entrants total.

t1463877636z1.png

rtcn63

i felt like finally playing gta 5 but 65 gigs on rockstar's shitty uncappable downloader is rough

I hope you like staring at the mini/overhead map. The game doesn't seem do that thing like Saints Row etc. where there's a giant on-screen pointer telling you where to turn to reach your objective while driving. Which may be gaudy and non-immersive, but at least it's functional.

rtcn63

Just use quick GPS...

Does it stop you from needing to constantly switch glances between the minimap and the screen while driving? Especially when you're pursuing a moving target etc. Like, the objective market itself doesn't appear on-screen, just the map. I have heard that some cars will give verbal directions. It's one of those things that put me off from picking up the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom