• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
I hope you like staring at the mini/overhead map. The game doesn't seem do that thing like Saints Row etc. where there's a giant on-screen pointer telling you where to turn to reach your objective while driving. Which may be gaudy and non-immersive, but at least it's functional.
i don't think i mind that, the thing i enjoy about the gta series is the immersion and the simulation

like the actual mission design and story and all that is always garbage

well gay tony was ok

rtcn63

i don't think i mind that, the thing i enjoy about the gta series is the immersion and the simulation

like the actual mission design and story and all that is always garbage

well gay tony was ok

I mean you have to look at the map to just to know where you're going/where you're target is. Which can be problematic if the target is a moving vehicle, since you'd have to constantly look at the minimap or pull up the overhead just to even had an idea of where to head.

It sounds like such a minor thing, but it translates to babysitting your mini/overhead map as opposed to enjoying the scenery in front of you. Also eye strain. Just having the option to turn on-screen objective markers on would've been nice. (Unless there is a way and my google-fu is shite)

Salsa

ImpureAnguishedAmericanbobtail.gif

WarmGiganticBinturong.gif

this my signature move now

zkylon

zkylewd
is there a way from windows 10 to limit the download speed of the shitty rockstar download thingie

that shit's hogging all my connection

I mean you have to look at the map to just to know where you're going/where you're target is. Which can be problematic if the target is a moving vehicle, since you'd have to constantly look at the minimap or pull up the overhead just to even had an idea of where to head.

It sounds like such a minor thing, but it translates to babysitting your mini/overhead map as opposed to enjoying the scenery in front of you. Also eye strain. Just having the option to turn on-screen objective markers on would've been nice. (Unless there is a way and my google-fu is shite)

maybe there's a mod?

I remember AOL CDs. We were asked to bring them to archery class and would pin them up to the targets. They made such a satisfying shatter sound.

I remember AOL 3.5s. We used to tape over the label and rewrite them.

EDIT - No shit, to make a read-only 3.5 floppy writable you needed to punch a hole in it.

EDIT EDIT - I got it backwards. 5.25 needed the hole. 3.5 needed covered.

And it was the opposite for 5 1/4s, right? To make them writable you needed to tape over a notch in the top?

Other way. So you could cut out a notch if you had a read only one.

http://electronicstechnician.tpub.com/14091/css/The-5-25-Inch-Floppy-Disk-Construction-261.htm

EDIT - Thinking about it maybe 3.5s needed the hole. I think you could up their capacity by punching a hole on the other side. Wild west for media back then.

EDIT EDIT - Yeah you would cover the 3.5's to write them.

I have a cheapo Logitech K120, The A,S and D keys are already almost worn blank. The W is going that way too.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Particle Mace -- MB-76588B805E850B9C - Taken by jgalat

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I picked up Sunset on Humble Store for $1. Pretty sweet deal.

Phawx

I really like mechanical keys. I have a das MXblue. I'm not a fan of tenkeyless, is desktop space so precious?

I think I my ultimate keyboard would be one with MXred/black switches for WASD/left shift/space and the remainder being MXblue or MXbrown. I've never felt a keyboard with mixed switches, so I'd have to see how general typing felt on it. Cherry MX Reds are a bit stiff but key presses happen instantly.

Also that one GAMER keyboard Ozium found was truly horrendous.

Edit: Looks like someone already done did it:

The retail version had the problem for sure. And it never got a patch it seems.

Maybe it works for Steam because the default location is now where Steam puts it.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Ducky's have gooood simple lines and no "gamer" additions. That's one I'd save for.

Ducky, the manufacturer of the keyboard in the picture, produces keyboards that have a pleasing design aesthetics without often superfluous features meant for videogame enthusiasts. He then goes on to indicate that he would save up money (paper backed by a government that is used for goods and services in place of barter) for one, indicating the higher than normal price is worth it.

kagamin

Ducky, the manufacturer of the keyboard in the picture, produces keyboards that have a pleasing design aesthetics without often superfluous features meant for videogame enthusiasts. He then goes on to indicate that he would save up money (paper backed by a government that is used for goods and services in place of barter) for one, indicating the higher than normal price is worth it.

Unnecessary explanation aside, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom