• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

kagamin

I've been dying to replay all the older Metal Gear Solid games via emulation but I must continue being strong for that one day when Konami releases legacy collection on Steam.

The struggle is real. Please Konami just do it already. Pls.

Pretty much the only reason I'm doing emulation over PPD is the fact that PPD is just a damn pain to set up properly, its just annoying to get all the mods, get the songs you want that match the note timings, then get the PVs for the backgrounds somewhere off the internet (most often people like to point to NND for obvious reasons).

Coreda

I've been dying to replay all the older Metal Gear Solid games via emulation but I must continue being strong for that one day when Konami releases legacy collection on Steam.

You could just buy them cheap on eBay and emulate them with a clearer conscience.

Can't see from the desktop pics, but is anyone running with small form factor PC?

I use a Hadron Air case. Size comparison below, center, from someone on Overclock.net.

computers-cases-evgahtesrg.jpg

I still want one of these, even though I missed my chance at getting one when they were originally released, and would end up paying an arm and a leg for it if I can even find one at all anymore.

(And I already know some of you guys are going to say it looks tacky, but I don't even care. TRON4lyfe, yo.)

keyboard.jpg

Huge fan of Tron as well. I had the keyboard and the mouse, They both felt weird and cheap. The keyboard failed within 6 months and I ended up giving the mouse to someone because it never felt right.

Tellaerin

Huge fan of Tron as well. I had the keyboard and the mouse, They both felt weird and cheap. The keyboard failed within 6 months and I ended up giving the mouse to someone because it never felt right.

Bummer. : / Though considering the prices I saw the keyboards going for on eBay, it's probably for the best that I've got a good reason to take a pass on it now.

Messiah

skeleton-computer.jpg

Hang in there buddy.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The KUL-ES 87, Leopold Tenkeyless, Filco Majestouch, QuickFire Rapid/Stealth, among others, are generic looking. Then there are the mid-high priced variety like the TypeNow Solid, and custom boards. Geekhack is full of examples.

The custom cases and caps tho
These small form-factor, minimalist, thin-bezel type of keyboards do look pretty nice. My desk is huge so I don't need the keyboard to rest my palms on anyway.
What a weird conclusion. They are using DSR to downsample from 4K to 1080p but don't use the other easy-to-use option to force 16xAF and still complain about the PC version lacking it.
What. You use one Nvidia feature, why not the other which directly affects your complaint?

D3RANG3D

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (D3RANG3D, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Septerra Core -- MB-BEEFC4C0A49976A1 - Taken by Sarcasm

:3

Arthea

Doom sells like hot cakes, already getting close to 450K
While FFX-X-2 above 150K
and Stellaris is at 350K

I expected FFX-X-2 to sell somewhat better, seeing how good price we got and for two games no less, also FFX is one of the best selling FFs.

edited: btw Battleborn passed 100K barrier after all

in other news, Stellaris and Tree of Savior overtook Skyrim in player count top

Ludens

Banned
Doom sells like hot cakes, already at getting close to 450K
While FFX-X-2 above 150K
and Stellaris is at 350K

I expected FFX-X-2 to sell somewhat better, seeing how good price we got and for two games no less, also FFX is one of the best selling FFs.

edited: btw Battleborn passed 100K barrier after all

Yeah, but I think the fact is FFX already got a PS3 and PS4 port.
A lot of people probably just bought one of those two versions, and since there are not enough differences between PC and console version, there are no reasons to buy it again.
FFIX instead was available only on PS1 and it has a lot of improvements compared to that version.

C4rter

Nooooooooo! 17 hours into Doom and now I've started to have constant CTDs.T_T Installed a huge Windows 10 update yesterday so has to be it. Hmh to do a rollback or not.:/

Don't overreact. I've had those in the last missions as well and I've changed nothing on my PC/OS.

Arthea

Yeah, but I think the fact is FFX already got a PS3 and PS4 port.
A lot of people probably just bought one of those two versions, and since there are not enough differences between PC and console version, there are no reasons to buy it again.
FFIX instead was available only on PS1 and it has a lot of improvements compared to that version.

I just thought that considering the price, more people would double dip, and more PC only folks will be interested in it.
FF9 is at 140K, btw

I think these sales are still good.

And another thing. They officially announced the game 2 days before the actual release...

don't you know that SE means Stealth Engaged?

I just thought that considering the price, more people would double dip, and more PC only folks will be interested in it.
FF9 is at 140K, btw

I think these sales are still good.

And another thing. They officially announced the game 2 days before the actual release...
And it wasnt even an announcement. The game just popped up on Steam.

Arthea

it's still quite remarkable how good steam's word of mouth works, we had this confirmed with Stardew Valley and Doom this year alone.

Monooboe

Don't overreact. I've had those in the last missions as well and I've changed nothing on my PC/OS.

Haha yeah, it was just that it was so constant, I only could play like five minutes at a time. Gone now though, not sure if it was Shadow Play that didn't or I just got over the problem place on that level.

it's still quite remarkable how good steam's word of mouth works, we had this confirmed with Stardew Valley and Doom this year alone.

Yeah! Two of my favorite games this year and the only reason I gave them a chance was the word of mouth.

mp1990

Banned
It's Sunday, woo!

What we all playing?
I'm swapping my motherboard and CPU today (not sure what the models are, but it's definitely an improvement), so I'm going back to F.E.A.R 2 so I can't get done with it before THAT time sinker releases tomorrow.

It's Sunday, woo!

What we all playing?

Gonna play Doom once my refund money becomes available in my wallet and I get off work. Other than that I've been playing The Witcher 3 and Danganronpa 2.

I'm still mad that they put Metal Gear Solid Legacy up in the Steam store making me briefly think they stealth released the Legacy Collection on Steam alongside MGSV before I found out it was just a video.

Fuck Konami.

Vacation over, Overwatch isn't out yet (NinjaEdit: And the Mcree short is still hours away!)... man, such a long wait.
KBfNyVW.gif

I started playing Stellaris yesterday. I'm loving it so far, although I'm disappointed that pacificism doesn't seem to a feasible approach at this point in the game's development.

It's funny you say that, because currently federations are, like, the best way to survive in the galaxy. A warlike empire not in a federation is just asking to be humbled.

Knurek

It's Sunday, woo!
What we all playing?

Game 42: Fate/stay night [Realta Nua] -Fate- - started on 11.04.2016, finished on 20.04.2016 (30:31) - ★★★★☆
Game 47: Fate/stay night [Realta Nua] -Unlimited Blade Works- - started on 04.05.2016, finished on 13.05.2016 (21:25) - ★★★★☆
Game 48: Fate/stay night [Realta Nua] -Heaven's Feel- - started on 14.05.2016, finished on 22.05.2016 (30:22) - ★★★★☆

I'm not sure if I can tackle another VN after digging through that...

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
It's Sunday, woo!

What we all playing?

I've been putting time in on Exanima. I'm always surprised how much I enjoy it. It's a really great concept of physics based movement and combat in a medieval fantasy setting. Like, QWOP meets The Witcher. Imagine if Geralt moved like a drunk GTA4 character, basically. It's great. Lots of terrifying near misses with two-handed axes, and really satisfying hits with sledge hammers.

I have my fingers crossed that magic will just be completely over powered and broken. The bit they showed in the trailer years ago was just teleporting people off of high walls to fall their deaths.

shockdude

All these pictures, whoo.
I'm currently moving so everything's packed away right now. Wish I had a picture of my previous setup, it involved a laptop sitting on top of a poker case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom