• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Sunday, woo!

What we all playing?

Shadowgate (2014.) I'm only two hours and change in, but I like the attention to detail. (I don't like the fact that they have at least one unkillable enemy, but this was one of those early adventure games that relished screwing you over. Sierra was the same way. So you just gotta deal.)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man the battle net money cards are fancy as fuck compared to the steam ones :eek:

I've been putting time in on Exanima. I'm always surprised how much I enjoy it. It's a really great concept of physics based movement and combat in a medieval fantasy setting. Like, QWOP meets The Witcher. Imagine if Geralt moved like a drunk GTA4 character, basically. It's great. Lots of terrifying near misses with two-handed axes, and really satisfying hits with sledge hammers.

I have my fingers crossed that magic will just be completely over powered and broken. The bit they showed in the trailer years ago was just teleporting people off of high walls to fall their deaths.
This was actually No.1 on my wishlist for a while but I just last night removed it. Hm, you make me remember why I had it in the first place.

gabbo

So this may be obvious, but is Doom worth using the birthday coupon that GMG just sent me? I havent really kept up with good recent releases.

bloke

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

About Love, Hate and the other ones -- MB-CE1EB97FA8C42DC0 - Taken by Mikurden
Musaic Box -- MB-DD5BE6E7233354AB - Taken by madjoki
War in a Box: Paper Tanks -- MB-1A4D90F139801996 - Taken by voodooray
School Bus Fun -- MB-8CD296259DF73E09 - Taken by nightstorm
Hero of Many -- MB-FCB789752C1858D6 - Taken by septicore
Hot Pinball Thrills -- MB-BE36A1FA90A1031E - Taken by crimsonheadGCN

rtcn63

So this may be obvious, but is Doom worth using the birthday coupon that GMG just sent me? I havent really kept up with good recent releases.

Do you like the Doom/Wolfenstein style of gun play and don't mind fighting waves upon waves of enemies near endlessly?

gabbo

Do you like the Doom/Wolfenstein style of gun play and don't mind fighting waves upon waves of enemies near endlessly?

I don't recall Doom/Wolfenstein being like that (your description sounds more like Serious Sam), but yes I do enjoy those old-school style of shooters.

Lain

Kagamin alert
pOQb.png

rtcn63

I don't recall Doom/Wolfenstein being like that (your description sounds more like Serious Sam), but yes I do enjoy those old-school style of shooters.

Then you'll be alright. I'd recommend watching someone play the first few missions tho- barring new weapons, the core encounters don't change all that much (other than becoming more frequent and challenging in an everything including the kitchen sink sense).

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

I'm only 4 levels in, but the enemy to level size ratio seems fairly consistent between Doom 1/2 and Doom 2016 so far. Does it drastically change later on?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Pretty half arssed analysis to be quite honest. First of all, no mention of x16 AF on PC drivers ? Why not even try to activate it and see the result ?
Second, reflections on water seems to be missing on PS4:
1463926382-vc.jpg
And if you downsample from 4k you gotta lower LOD bias to get textures correct. Fuckin amateurs over there.

Jazz573

Game 42: Fate/stay night [Realta Nua] -Fate- - started on 11.04.2016, finished on 20.04.2016 (30:31) - ★★★★☆
Game 47: Fate/stay night [Realta Nua] -Unlimited Blade Works- - started on 04.05.2016, finished on 13.05.2016 (21:25) - ★★★★☆
Game 48: Fate/stay night [Realta Nua] -Heaven's Feel- - started on 14.05.2016, finished on 22.05.2016 (30:22) - ★★★★☆

I'm not sure if I can tackle another VN after digging through that...

Counting those as three separate games is cheating. :p

Ludens

Banned
Ubisoft Chat Support is legit. If you remember i complained how my conversation with Ubisoft Support went nowhere in February when i tried to get my ACR and AC3 DLC issues. Today after 15 minutes on Chat Support ACR DLC issue was resolved and AC3 DLC issue should be resolved in next 48 hours.

Chat Support = best support.

What was your issue? Because I have AC3 on Uplay, activated all DLCs but I need to manually download a .rar with DLCs from Nuveem if I want to play them, did they finally update that?

Arthea

Game 42: Fate/stay night [Realta Nua] -Fate- - started on 11.04.2016, finished on 20.04.2016 (30:31) - ★★★★☆
Game 47: Fate/stay night [Realta Nua] -Unlimited Blade Works- - started on 04.05.2016, finished on 13.05.2016 (21:25) - ★★★★☆
Game 48: Fate/stay night [Realta Nua] -Heaven's Feel- - started on 14.05.2016, finished on 22.05.2016 (30:22) - ★★★★☆

I'm not sure if I can tackle another VN after digging through that...

can I have all of Fate on steam too?
ya, including Fate Extra

I'm still not playing anything, cuz steamgaf didn't send help and I asked nicely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom