• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Puncher

video games are fun :>

3kFGKgM.gif

dex3108

What was your issue? Because I have AC3 on Uplay, activated all DLCs but I need to manually download a .rar with DLCs from Nuveem if I want to play them, did they finally update that?

They updated system and all DLCs should be on UPlay now. My issue was that i had one Digital Deluxe key and their system registered that key as standard edition. So guy from support told me that he sent request to some other department to change my key to Digital Deluxe. They removed AC3 from my account and now i am waiting for them to assign proper version (Digital Deluxe) to my account. That can take up to 48 hours. If you want wait a bit to see how things will go for me and then contact them. And for ACR DLC they fixed key redemption and my old DLC key activated without issues today (i tried month ago and it didn't work).

Also new Overwatch short

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPRRupAM4DI&feature=youtu.be

Ludens

Banned
They updated system and all DLCs should be on UPlay now. My issue was that i had one Digital Deluxe key and their system registered that key as standard edition. So guy from support told me that he sent request to some other department to change my key to Digital Deluxe. They removed AC3 from my account and now i am waiting for them to assign proper version (Digital Deluxe) to my account. That can take up to 48 hours. If you want wait a bit to see how things will go for me and then contact them. And for ACR DLC they fixed key redemption and my old DLC key activated without issues today (i tried month ago and it didn't work).

Also new Overwatch short

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPRRupAM4DI&feature=youtu.be

Yeah, please post a message here. I have the Gold version I think, the one with all DLCs, took when it was dirty cheap on Nuveem.

dex3108

Yeah, please post a message here. I have the Gold version I think, the one with all DLCs, took when it was dirty cheap on Nuveem.

Sure i hope that they will be fast enough and assign key tomorrow :D BTW i bought Digital Deluxe version on GMG when game was released.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I've been breezing through several indie horror games these last 5-6 days. See if I can gather up the energy to do some write-ups of mine on them, some interesting thoughts I have on several of them.

Annubis

Game 42: Fate/stay night [Realta Nua] -Fate- - started on 11.04.2016, finished on 20.04.2016 (30:31) - ★★★★☆
Game 47: Fate/stay night [Realta Nua] -Unlimited Blade Works- - started on 04.05.2016, finished on 13.05.2016 (21:25) - ★★★★☆
Game 48: Fate/stay night [Realta Nua] -Heaven's Feel- - started on 14.05.2016, finished on 22.05.2016 (30:22) - ★★★★☆

I'm not sure if I can tackle another VN after digging through that...

Wait, I didn't know about any of this.
Interesting...

Asgaro

It's Sunday, woo!

What we all playing?

a

I dunno what I'm playing but I work 12 to 8 so probably not much.

y

gotta get a new PSU. PC is in a constant bootloop zzz
powers on, powers off, powers on, powers off - I don't even see the BIOS

y

yeah the few levels I played did nothing for me :/

l

Unfortunately, nothing because I had to work on my day off and now it is Monday in my timezone.

Although, I did play some Lifeline on my phone while at work.

m

whats a "steam game"?

a

I suppose any game on Steam, I didn't say one in particular as I haven't decided what to play yet.

o

I think as long as you have a payment method from your original country it shouldn't matter?

a

You don't belong on GAF with that attitude

y

Here's my new setup, ready for Overwatch (I think)

Now you guys can't bully my peecee anymore
or maybe you can :I

y

image.php

it was just too good opportunity to pass

y

my joints stopped hurting by doing nothing about it and keep running

makes no sense but whatever

oXaNqLK.png

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Wow I seem to have misplaced my reaction gif folder so I can't deliver a truly nuanced response to Asgaro's post.

So, who else here is looking forward to the summer sale's assuredly mediocre discounts, i know i am

In all seriousness, I've been idling for card money on and off for a while. I've noticed that 1) the steam mobile authenticator works for the most part, even if it's entirely unnecessary and annoying, and 2) cards only drop at the 30/60 minute mark for me now. I can't get cards to drop at the 15 minute mark like they used to, which makes idling even more annoying and time-consuming than ever on top of the 2 hour restriction placed on accounts that have refunded games.

why
KBfNyVW.gif

Why is Blizzard spending money on these DreamWorks trailers when they could be upgrading the servers from 20 ticks

Because it is a commercial that people will go out of their way to watch.

Like, I've seen the entire collection of Overwatch shorts and I'm currently in the process of decoding Overwatch's deep lore. Such is my fate.

Arthea

Wow I seem to have misplaced my reaction gif folder so I can't deliver a truly nuanced response to Asgaro's post.

So, who else here is looking forward to the summer sale's assuredly mediocre discounts, i know i am

In all seriousness, I've been idling for card money on and off for a while. I've noticed that 1) the steam mobile authenticator works for the most part, even if it's entirely unnecessary and annoying, and 2) cards only drop at the 30/60 minute mark for me now. I can't get cards to drop at the 15 minute mark like they used to, which makes idling even more annoying and time-consuming than ever on top of the 2 hour restriction placed on accounts that have refunded games.

I plan not to buy anything, but we all know that won't work.

Ya, I posted it a while back about card dropping rates being really bad now, even without 2 hours waiting, it's like 1/5th of what we used to get if even that. At the rate we buy games, you basically have to idle non stop and even then not possible to keep up.

Tellaerin

Asgaro, man.... maybe you want to edit that post, just sayin'...

As far as what I'm playing goes, I got around to installing Aliens vs. Predator, the 2010 one, last night. Playing through the Marine campaign now, and I'm enjoying it so far.. They did a nice job of keeping things tense and atmospheric while still keeping the action quotient up, rather than shading into survival horror. At least with the Marine, ammo for the pulse rifle and shotgun is scarce enough that you don't waste it, but not so scarce that you'll never touch it, and you've got a pistol with unlimited ammo as a backup weapon.

I'll probably tackle the Predator campaign next and save the Aliens for last.

rtcn63

I'm only 4 levels in, but the enemy to level size ratio seems fairly consistent between Doom 1/2 and Doom 2016 so far. Does it drastically change later on?

Can't compare to Doom 1/2 since I've only played Brutal Doom and even then I have no idea for how long.

I'm at like mission six or seven, "wave" encounters occur pretty much every time you walk into an open area, often times the same open area you've been to before but are retreading for progression reasons. (The later missions become longer and bigger, so more open areas to truck through. Even corridors aren't safe.) Parts where enemies are just randomly chilling without triggering a wave are the minority. And platforming and exploration seemingly take a greater backseat compared to earlier levels.

Arthea

I also noticed another card related thing that was changed, "new items in your inventory" number is now capped at 100, I think it hasn't been like that before.
Why this is bad? If you get more than 100 items they don't appear on the list of new items, so you not necessary know what those items are/were.

so who else on SteamGAF is jumping on the Overwatch train
I just watched an animated short film from it. seems pretty nice

basically everybody minus me, I think
foreveralone.jpg

Lain

T-3 days for Overwatch? Its out tomorrow dude

Maybe Hektor includes the time to receive the box. Amazon is shipping mine on the 24 and I gotta account at least 1 day to receive it, making it the 25. Today is the 22, so -3 applies to me perfectly.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

What what? Its out tomorrow. Midnight UK and whatever that means in america. 4pm and 7pm in the different coasts or whatever.

Maybe Hektor includes the time to receive the box. Amazon is shipping mine on the 24 and I gotta account at least 1 day to receive it, making it the 25. Today is the 22, so -3 applies to me perfectly.

Oh, well, you cant expect someone to guess that

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I plan not to buy anything, but we all know that won't work.

Ya, I posted it a while back about card drooping rates being really bad now, even without 2 hours waiting, it's like 1/5th of what we used to get if even that. At the rate we buy games, you basically have to idle non stop and even then not possible to keep up.

It's a real shame. Idling still yields a decent amount of money, but it's not nearly as lucrative as it used to be outside of some anime/expensive games. I've still got over 900 cards left to idle, and I'll probably stop long before I reach the halfway point.

Hektor

What what? Its out tomorrow. Midnight UK and whatever that means in america. 4pm and 7pm in the different coasts or whatever.

Huh. They changed that, or am i mental? I distinctly remember the release beeing the 24th or 25th depending on your timezone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom