• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
May 24 is not tomorrow, Rhak

You know what, youre right. Im talking out of my ass, im just making shit up, thats how I get my jollies, by lying about when anticipated games come out.

Nabs

58pBUIoE_400x400.png

T - 3 days

I can't wait for this to come out so you guys can play it for a day and forget about it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Huh. They changed that, or am i mental? I distinctly remember the release beeing the 24th or 25th depending on your timezone.

Nope I dont know what im talking about, im just making shit up dont mind me. That Rhaknar is so silly

SNTOIV1A47FU1463647844262.png

I photoshopped that btw. I think it came out alright.

Arthea

You know what, youre right. Im talking out of my ass, im just making shit up, thats how I get my jollies, by lying about when anticipated games come out.

no need to get angry, if there is a new release date, you can just explain it's new and all, or that we didn't get it right the first time or something. I remember it being 24th at some point *shrugs

data

no need to get angry, if there is a new release date, you can just explain it's new and all, or that we didn't get it right the first time or something. I remember it being 24th at some point *shrugs

It's the 22nd today. Tomorrow midnight would be the 24th.

Rhaknar

But I did explain it. And you said "lol tomorrow isnt the 24th Rhak"

Except for the lol :p

Hektor

Salsashark you're on TV

Nope I dont know what im talking about, im just making shit up dont mind me. That Rhaknar is so silly

SNTOIV1A47FU1463647844262.png

I photoshopped that btw. I think it came out alright.

No reason to throw a hissy fit, chill. That seemed to just be a mistake from my part.

Salsa

its all cutesy idol pretend gurlfriend waifu till an already exploited 20yo girl gets stabbed 2 dozen times am I rite

maybe some day something like this will make people think about the industry they're supporting

rocket league is cool

Tellaerin

"Gigantic". Developers, please stop giving your games common one-word names that make Googling useless. Bad enough that you can't search for anything related to androids anymore without a bazillion hits about tablets and phones. -_-

its all cutesy idol pretend gurlfriend waifu till an already exploited 20yo girl gets stabbed 2 dozen times am I rite

maybe some day something like this will make people think about the industry they're supporting

rocket league is cool

Okay, clearly I'm out of the loop here, but what is this now?

data

Looking over the previous Humble Monthly offerings I've noticed something:

There've been 42 games in monthlies

I've played 12 of them.

4 games of those 12 I owned before the humble monthly

that means I played only 8 games when they got into the humble monthly. This is alarming

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Looking over the previous Humble Monthly offerings I've noticed something:

There've been 42 games in monthlies

I've played 12 of them.

4 games of those 12 I owned before the humble monthly

that means I played only 8 games when they got into the humble monthly. This is alarming

That's not that bad at all, to be honest. It would probably be much worse if you looked at all of the bundles and sales you've bought from over the years.

Okay, clearly I'm out of the loop here, but what is this now?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1222590

MadGear

warhammer-logo.png

T - 2 days

I still don't know what to do about this game. I really want the chaos faction with the game, but for various reasons I never planned on getting the game during its first week. Now I have to either buy the game early or wait for a sale (which is more likely) because I'm absolutely not getting this game at full price with one of the five factions missing.

Rhaknar

One day I'll have the courage to try one of those total war games out :/

cyba89

Am I the only one who doesn't care about Overwatch?

I don't know. I played a lot of TF2 but that was long before I had a thousand games on Steam. I can't find the time to seriously invest in a multiplayer title anymore when I have an ever growing backlog of other stuff I want to play.

I'm sure the game is fun though.

Knurek

I'm really loving that PSN cheevo sound Steam mod.

It's such a small thing, but really noticeable... Pity Valve doesn't think it warrants adding to the main client - they do have code for playing sounds on events (screenshot), so it must be a design decision on their part. :\

It's such a small thing, but really noticeable... Pity Valve doesn't think it warrants adding to the main client - they do have code for playing sounds on events (screenshot), so it must be a design decision on their part. :\

Got a link to that mod?

MUnited83

For you.

rocket league is cool

While the whole J-Pop/Idol is full of issues, crazy ass stalkers are not even remotely exclusive to the genre.

Tellaerin

Japanese pop singer got stabbed by sick fan.

Thanks, guys. People are really disturbing sometimes. : /

Is there a way to turn off the popup notifications for Steam achievements?

While the whole J-Pop/Idol is stuff of issues, crazy ass stalkers are not even remotely exclusive to the genre.

Thats not the case, but the whole point of those idols (female) are to attract people to the "cute woman", not the music or anything else.
Same with asian boygroups. People dont go to their concerts because of the music, but because of the guys. Same happened to the boybands in the 90s here, where people commited suicide when they broke up...

The thing though is, that japanese female idols groups target the "lonely virgin" crowd if I might say that. The songs are about innocent love, things like "you can also find a girl like me", etc.
The target demographic is also different from western groups. While those western groups are targeting girls (who might be naive, dumb whatever), those female idol groups target the "Otaku". And the publishers know this, market the whole image of the group to cater to them etc. There is a reason why they arent allowed to have boyfriends.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I can't wait for this to come out so you guys can play it for a day and forget about it.

Then they'll just be back here, posting waifu shit about it.

On other news, slowly moving that beaten count out on Steam. 80 games beaten. 230 or so more to go.... Q_Q

Knurek

Got a link to that mod?

Just use any of the Kaldaien's mods, rename the dxgi.dll and dxgi.ini to match the API game uses (dxgi.dll for DX10/11, d3d9.dll for DX9, OpenGL32.dll for OpenGL games). API used can be easily checked with MSI Afterburner.
Supposedly you can test if it got hooked correctly by pressing Ctrl+Shift+T, but for some reason the hotkeys don't work for me. Actual achievements do get the soundbite though. I've tried it with Ori (DX11) and RenPy games (OpenGL) so far.

Teeth

It's such a small thing, but really noticeable... Pity Valve doesn't think it warrants adding to the main client - they do have code for playing sounds on events (screenshot), so it must be a design decision on their part. :

This could be a perfect business opportunity; create an easily applied sound for achievement pops (that can easily be disabled in a menu), then open up the Steam Workshop to achievement noises.
Different games could give out preorder bonuses for customized Cheeve pops and valve could take their cut of all market transactions for them.

Hire me Valve.

Just use any of the Kaldaien's mods, rename the dxgi.dll and dxgi.ini to match the API game uses (dxgi.dll for DX10/11, d3d9.dll for DX9, OpenGL32.dll for OpenGL games). API used can be easily checked with MSI Afterburner.
Supposedly you can test if it got hooked correctly by pressing Ctrl+Shift+T, but for some reason the hotkeys don't work for me. Actual achievements do get the soundbite though. I've tried it with Ori (DX11) and RenPy games (OpenGL) so far.

Neat, I'm going to try this out later, thanks.

Tellaerin

Google is a powerful tool

Doesn't change the fact that naming your new game "single adjective that could potentially be applied to any game" (Gigantic, Beautiful, w/e) is probably not the best way to make it visible for people searching.

Let me have my pet peeves in peace, Grief. :p

As far as I know, the only way to do that through Steam is by disabling the overlay feature through the client's settings menu (which disables all community features).

Bleh, that's what I thought. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom