• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

kagamin

Pretty sure I blew all the optional win battles in TitS FC and SC, they're 2hard4me.

If you know how to abuse the most powerful stuff in the game you can make it a pretty close fight, I ended it with Estelle's most powerful S-Craft just barely.

AHA-Lambda

I don't know. I played a lot of TF2 but that was long before I had a thousand games on Steam. I can't find the time to seriously invest in a multiplayer title anymore when I have an ever growing backlog of other stuff I want to play.

I'm sure the game is fun though.

Kind of where I'm at

I'd maybe bite if it where cheaper. It's all well and good being $40 in the US but it's at least £30 in the UK, with no offers in sight, and I couldn't tell you last time I paid above £25 for a game these days.

MUnited83

For you.
Thats not the case, but the whole point of those idols (female) are to attract people to the "cute woman", not the music or anything else.
Same with asian boygroups. People dont go to their concerts because of the music, but because of the guys. Same happened to the boybands in the 90s here, where people commited suicide when they broke up...

The thing though is, that japanese female idols groups target the "lonely virgin" crowd if I might say that. The songs are about innocent love, things like "you can also find a girl like me", etc.
The target demographic is also different from western groups. While those western groups are targeting girls (who might be naive, dumb whatever), those female idol groups target the "Otaku". And the publishers know this, market the whole image of the group to cater to them etc. There is a reason why they arent allowed to have boyfriends.

I'm aware of all of that, I'm just saying that crazy ass psycho stalkers exist for every single popular genre of music there is.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Doesn't change the fact that naming your new game "single adjective that could potentially be applied to any game" (Gigantic, Beautiful, w/e) is probably not the best way to make it visible for people searching.

Let me have my pet peeves in peace, Grief. :p

Wait. At you trying to tell me that all these Japanese games use indecipherable gibberish for titles just for the SEO?

The developers should rename it Gigantimagorious Luminescence Vst: Re/Comb;net.

Deitus

Doesn't change the fact that naming your new game "single adjective that could potentially be applied to any game" (Gigantic, Beautiful, w/e) is probably not the best way to make it visible for people searching.

Let me have my pet peeves in peace, Grief. :p

Reminds me of a discussion on the Idle Thumbs podcast about the new Hitman, and it being next to impossible to google specific information about it since the game is only named Hitman and google searches turn up information about the entire series.

Of course even if not for the difficulty in googling it, Gigantic is going to have a massive uphill battle to get people to even remember it exists on account of being one of several "hero shooters" with a generic one-word name releasing this year (well Battleborn's name is at least unique, it's just terribly bland).

zkylon

zkylewd
newest overwatch short is alright, the whole worried mom voiceover was super cringey but soldier 76 is kind of a badass

man just one more dayyyy

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
And here I thought all your super-specific fetishes would have trained you to use Google by now.

Gigantic Game
Hitman 2016
Ghostbusters but excessively hated by men

Arthea

And here I thought all your super-specific fetishes would have trained you to use Google by now.

Gigantic Game
Hitman 2016
Ghostbusters but excessively hated by men

you'll have to explain this one for me, if that's not too much work

edited: not going to google that, no

Deitus

you'll have to explain this one for me, if that's not too much work

edited: not going to google that, no

I don't want to get in the way of a monringbus explaination, but the new Ghostbusters movie (titled only "Ghostbusters" because of course it is) is starring 4 women as the primary cast. This, of course, drew a lot of anger from GamerGater types.

It also doesn't look like a very good movie.

Arthea

I don't want to get in the way of a monringbus explaination, but the new Ghostbusters movie (titled only "Ghostbusters" because of course it is) is starring 4 women as the primary cast. This, of course, drew a lot of anger from GamerGater types.

my bad, I thought he's talking about a game
totally forgot about that movie too
thanks Deitus

Volimar

They've really botched the marketing for that film, but the second trailer was better. Maybe the advertising appeals more to the bridesmaids fans they're trying to hook.

Volimar

If you'd like to read me trying to be thoughtful and sincere

9f8x6MF.gif

:p

Nordicus

Hmm, I can give one of my Satellite Reign agents a bomb augment that triggers few seconds after death. I don't know, that requires an agent to die during a fight and the bomb is likely only as strong as a grenade, seems pretty usele-
Aight game, you got me. This is a genuine option.

Haroon

Does anyone else have a problem where it just won't?
You select it, it does everything it needs to, even puts into a stand mode, but it just stays on, until I have it off manually.

zkylon

zkylewd
Hmm, I can give one of my Satellite Reign agents a bomb augment that triggers few seconds after death. I don't know, that requires an agent to die during a fight and the bomb is likely only as strong as a grenade, seems pretty usele-

that game looks great

Arthea

oh wow
this reminds me Kovacs and "enough is enough" line lol
pretty cool option

You select it, it does everything it needs to, even puts into a stand mode, but it just stays on, until I have it off manually.

most cryptic post of a day?

Grief.exe

I generally play shooters with headphones, but Doom just needs to be played on speakers with the volume turned up.

Poker 3 keyboard is pretty sweet.

poker-3-pbt-iso-nordic-alu-casing-black-version.jpg
Looks great except:
- No arrow keys (no, fn+IJKL or fn+WASD are not suitable replacements)
- Space Commander Archer Jawline early 90s try-hard sci-fi font on the key caps (this is solvable, just remove the printing altogether)

Tenkeyless? I can get onboard, but no arrow keys? Nah, bro, nah.

Especially for a programmer.

Jazz573

Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

Nordicus

oh wow
this reminds me Kovacs and "enough is enough" line lol
pretty cool option
It is. And more useful than I initially expected because you can set it up decently. Agents have this roughly 10 second period where if their HP has gone to 0, you can still revive them by bringing another agent over. The sooner you react, the easier it is.

So if a fight goes so bad that my bomb-auged Soldier goes down, instead of trying to heal him under gunfire, I can retreat a few meters and lure pretty much every guard in the bomb's radius in the time the ally revival period ends and the fuse goes off. Then the fight just ends

Momentary

Banned
I'm moving to Cali next week and the internet company there wants us to rent a fiber modem router. Are there any decent fiber modems that I can purchase? I hate renting shit from service providers and would like to own my stuff. Plus my router will destroy whatever it is they try to peddle.

Anno

Some of these customer Total Warhammer videos getting out there are incredibly impressive. I can't even think of what this game will be like when all the factions are in and there are loads more units and spells and stuff.

r3n4ud

Some of these customer Total Warhammer videos getting out there are incredibly impressive. I can't even think of what this game will be like when all the factions are in and there are loads more units and spells and stuff.
And of course...the blood dlc

I'm moving to Cali next week and the internet company there wants us to rent a fiber modem router. Are there any decent fiber modems that I can purchase? I hate renting shit from service providers and would like to own my stuff. Plus my router will destroy whatever it is they try to peddle.
Where in California? Greetings from Inland Empire.

Haroon

Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

Honestly, I've never been far to even use, or went there. I don't even want to look more like it. But can you please answer it? It's as if it turns everything off, but cant tell it to turn off.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Peer pressure is bad.

I'd probably buy Overwatch if I had friends who were going to play it, but it does not seem like that is the case.

that subtle shitting on every person buying the game here :3

edit: that we arent youre friends that is ;_;

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so the windows 10 update is fully automatic? doesnt require confirmtions during it or anything? I ask since it says "hey dawg just schedule a time youre not home"

AHA-Lambda

Just saw that 2 cinemas in Glasgow are doing the Overwatch launch thing, colour me shocked o_O

Is it not just you get to go and see the shorts on the big screen though?

Annubis

Peer pressure is bad.

I'd probably buy Overwatch if I had friends who were going to play it, but it does not seem like that is the case.

Well, that's the worst actually. These guys almost never play the stuff they make me buy and eventually switch to something else.

That and they suck too usually. Like in LoL, they would make us play against bots because people were too hard.

mrw-i-get-piss-shivers-63594.gif

Arthea

so the windows 10 update is fully automatic? doesnt require confirmtions during it or anything? I ask since it says "hey dawg just schedule a time youre not home"

win10 doesn't need you at all in any capacity, fully automatic and self sufficient and knows better.

rtcn63

If your friends are gonna pressure you into buying a game or snorting coke through an empty pixie stick, they should really consider paying for it. In the gifting sense, not gross, unadulterated violence. Not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom