• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordicus

Been resisting deals and bundles pretty well the last 9 months so my gaming budget allowed me to get physical versions of Planescape Torment and Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil Edition

Diablo 3 on PS3 tho because my hack&slash tastes are probably being catered to well enough on PC (Grim Dawn, Path of Exile, Torchlight 2, and stuff I haven't even tried) that I may play through Diablo 3 only once. I can just resell it then.

header.jpg

currently $5.6 on Nuuvem

no region lock

heard good things about this. still $25 on Steam

Played about 5 hours of this but got bored quick. Still a solid game though.

Salsa

I spent like 2 hours talking with my 11yo nephew about Portal 2 yesterday and how it was blowing his mind

he was baffled at how much I knew about it and went on

my sister lookin at me like ಠ_ಠ

p.cool that his steam account now has something other than five nights at freddys tho

Salsa

there's a constant "but you're a 26yo adult you're balding you have a moustache why you know this" when talking about games with all my nephews and nieces

the coolest uncle and the lamest brother

Salsa

speaking of which I recently had to play through most of Castle of Illusion for my 4yo niece to watch and that game's cool man, I forgot

much better than that total crap new Ducktales

Hektor

header.jpg

currently $5.6 on Nuuvem

no region lock

You know this game is absolutely fucking amazing and one of the best indiegames to have been released imho, the combat is a bit janky, but the original concept and the holy goddamn shit this is atmospheric as fuck i wanna be as cool as you please can i have babys from you card dealer make a 100000000000x times up for it.

Salsa

is not liking the new Ducktales an unpopular thing?

the game is absolutely fucking dreadful to play

"hey people like old Ducktales with the jumping and tight controls and whatnot, what can we do to improve it?"

oh I know. add fucking unskipable cutscenes, remove control from the player every fucking 20 seconds to have some sort of weird-ass dialogue exposition of a story on a freaking 2D platformer people used to love because of how snappy it is

it's garbage to play. absolutely fucking insufferable, you can't even skip dialog

fuck that game to pluto

having a somewhat solid game underneath but making you jump through fucking hurdles to get to it is worse than just making a bad game.

zkylon

zkylewd
Argies love to riot. I sense a theme.

Buenos Airs.
argies are a riot :)

header.jpg

currently $5.6 on Nuuvem

no region lock

sounds cool but too many expenses this month

i might buy it just cos they added a toggle spider menu option

i respect the hell out of them for that

If I had better sound recording software I'd give you a hand with that. I don't have any formal voice acting experience, but I read stories aloud for a living.
nice

do you have like a smooth vaatividya voice

Salsa

also lets put nice clean 2D art in front of low poly barely textured 3D backgrounds

that doesnt look like fucking garbage at all no sir

Tizoc

is not liking the new Ducktales an unpopular thing?

the game is absolutely fucking dreadful to play

"hey people like old Ducktales with the jumping and tight controls and whatnot, what can we do to improve it?"

oh I know. add fucking unskipable cutscenes, remove control from the player every fucking 20 seconds to have some sort of weird-ass dialogue exposition of a story on a freaking 2D platformer people used to love because of how snappy it is

it's garbage to play. absolutely fucking insufferable, you can't even skip dialog

fuck that game to pluto

having a somewhat solid game underneath but making you jump through fucking hurdles to get to it is worse than just making a bad game.
EDIT: Yup any cutscenes are skippable by pressing start then selecting 'Skip Cutscene'
I don't see how the cutscenes affect the game when the core gameplay is fine though.

Endruen

I haven't bought a physical game in 8 years. Just feel crappy that I'm just going to throw everything away.

Retail >>>>>>>>> Digital.
The only reason I buy on Steam is because it's ridiculously cheap. I prefer my games on my shelf. In fact, I will buy Dark Souls 3 in retail, even if it means to pay a bit more.

Parsnip

Assuming there are three Lego games you want, this is the cheapest most of the newer games have ever been. I've been wanting Lego Jurassic Park but the cheapest it's been has been around $8 just by itself. Getting this and Lego Batman 3 + Season pass for $10 seems pretty decent.
Yeah, I picked those three out as well.

Funny enough, those 3 ended up being my picks as well. Only two games on the list I didn't own and the only dlc that seemed to be more than just a character pack.
oh yea didn't even think the game was in english

well, idk then haha

see this is why my game doesn't have voice acting

My game will have Troy Baker.
He'll do anything.

Ozium

header.jpg

been playing this after grabbing it for a dollar from Humble and it's fucking fantastic.. no idea why it has mixed reviews.. you play as an african-american woman in the 70s who has a degree in engineering but is stuck in a salsa-like country being a housekeeper and you go around and clean this dude's apartment once a week for an hour... but the things you do around the apartment draw you closer or further away from the owner... he will leave you notes and shit and you can respond...

there's a revolution going on and it nails the atmosphere with gunfire/bombing outside, the story is also about that... you learn things about the situation by looking at things and hearing her thoughts, and you learn more about her by relaxing in a chair.. it's a very cool way to do an interactive story IMO, you have to infer a lot of things.

the dude is also a rich bastard and has tons of cool art around his house too, which she also comments on and critiques...
is also interesting because of the setting and main character you can explore ideas and situations not really covered in games, things that require a modicum of intellect..

fucking amazing dunno why it has mixed reviews :/ literally better than any telltale game I've ever played and those get good reviews.. wtf?

Okay, I re-submitted it. Everyone should have a clean slate. The answer is the same as before.

I was originally going to have beard as 1/2 of the answer but I decided to sabotage my own giveaway like a dummy. I made it "easier" by using a more generalized term instead of beard. This would ensure that if someone with taste submitted the actual true answer they would not win.

Brillant.

ModBot said:
Instructions for uncredited male:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Beta: This giveaway is a trivia giveaway. In your PM, include BOTH the ModBot code for the game you want AND the answer to the trivia question on the same line separated by a space. Capitalization and punctuation are not important. Here is a visual example of how to format your ModBot PM
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (uncredited male, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster -- MB-5A5485C8DC8D7BEE Trivia Question: two words in format a b?

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

a - name of hottest male FF char (not Lightning)
b - their best physical feature

Salsa

I don't see how the cutscenes affect the game when the core gameplay is fine though.

caught your edit and the fact that they're skippable now is nice

but I dont get this line

you don't get how snappy gameplay being boged down by an unnecessary story presented in long, previously unskipable cutscenes affect the game?

you dont see how "core gameplay" gets affected in the game as a whole when you're constantly prevented from enjoying it?

it's Megaman X4, basically.

I bought the game. Started it. Went through an absolutely needless intro and thought "oh okay here we go"

entered a stage. another intro

midway through stage. cutscene with dialogue

end of stage. cutscene, dialogue. cutscene before next stage

this is a 2D platformer.

fuck that shit forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom