• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

Whatever happened to Next Car Game: Wreckfest?

And then there's this, haven't read the whole thread though, could be bullshit.

Wow, nice one for pointing that out. Got the notification about the sale, but it's been in my wishlist since the very start of the EA days. Seem like it is abandonware at this point. Good riddance in that case

Nordicus

Heroes of Might & Magic 5: Tribes of the East

Fuck Arantir's final campaign mission. Fuck it so god damn hard. First a roaming superboss hero with 3x the army strength of my strongest hero, then in the final encounter, while that demon hero's army wasn't quite as large, the hero's build is minmaxed to the point where I'm wondering if it was modeled after a competitive player. Even just on EASY!

Phantom Forces Phantom Forces Phantom Forces Phantom Forces Phantom Forces Phantom Forces Phantom Forces Phantom Forces Phantom Forces Phantom Forces CCCCCCCERBERUS MULTIKILL!

EdmondD

Whatever happened to Next Car Game: Wreckfest?

And then there's this, haven't read the whole thread though, could be bullshit.

I completely bought into the hype. One of my favorite things in games is destruction. It's why Red Faction Guerilla is one of my favorite games of all time. The destruction in this game looked incredible and they had me hook, line and sinker. I had recently bought Flatout 2 at the time and had high hopes. No doubt the destruction physics are fantastic. Playing the destruction derby mode is quite fun for a little while at least. That's about the only good thing about this game.

Problem is it's so fucking bare bones. I figured it's early access they will add more stuff. They havent added shit in years. Little updates here and there sure but nothing substantial. There is barely any cars to choose from and what there is nothing at all exciting. The levels are so bland it's insane. They made great levels for Flatout. What the fuck happened? Controls feel terrible using keyboard or PS3 controller. Unfortunatley I don't have a wheel which I'm sure would help. It's just not fun or compelling. I just said "fuck it" and I dont play anymore. They have apparently have regressed as a developer since the days of Flatout. Thankfully I bought the game completely with CS GO case money so I dont feel too ripped off.

iosefe

OT, but incoming info dump, on life about to get real for me, quoted and spoilered
for a very long time, mom has been the sole provider for the house, with a good job at a reputable credit card company. over the years, it was recommended that she move to NY, but eventually, she ended up with doing work virtually from home. her current boss has had it in for her for a long time, even though she was a respected woman on the whole at the company, and today she tells us she has lost her job, and we have a little over a year to figure out how to get by. she'll live on her retirement with dad, but i will need to find a second job, or earn full time/a promotion. i'll probably be moving out of the house at that time, and that scares me. i have 1 year to figure things out though. i guess i'd been spoiled growing up. i'm 22, and only a few months ago got my first job. i don't even have a college degree. so i'm fairly limited unless i take out some loans to finance schooling as necessary. i could just change everything, fresh start in a new state, but i'd be leaving so much behind, so i'm a bit pensive about leaving miami.

also my piano. i would be sad to lose that so i need a place for that. i have zero intention of selling it.

in other news, i played some dungeon defenders 2 today, it was a fun time.

OT, but incoming info dump, on life about to get real for me, quoted and spoilered

Sudden unplanned things like that are rough. Sorry about your mom. Hope it turns out well quickly. Don't get too frightened about the future. Take care yo.

Adnor

Banned
Every time I see you online you're playing Rocket League, Salsa. It almost makes me want to play it more, but I suck so much at aerials.

So much.

iosefe

Sudden unplanned things like that are rough. Sorry about your mom. Hope it turns out well quickly. Don't get too frightened about the future. Take care yo.

she's honestly happy that she can retire now. she has her plan to stretch things out before even needing to touch the retirement fund, she is clever like that.

welp, i had to become an adult eventually

Listen to kagamin.
lmao LiS above RL

that's why I didnt even remember

giphy.gif

mp1990

Banned

Sheesh, that sounds rough :( Wish you the best iosefe, you're a really nice guy and definitely doesn't deserve such hassle, hope things work out for you. As someone who's roughly in the same age frame, I know times like these can be problematic, so hang in there buddy.

In other news: my internet decided to shit the bed right on Overwatch release day, isn't that great

If Unepic is on your wishlist, its 2 bucks.

https://chrono.gg/
Unepic is a great game. I'm 18hrs in and it's good fun. Definitely more than the sum of its parts.
Okay, what the hell. There are
missions in Alien isolation and I've only done up to 10? Jesus this game is way too long.
I was sad when it ended after 27 hours. Could have gone for another 20hrs easily for all I care.

Sch1sm

I keep expecting it to end but it's really outstaying its welcome now. Probably on to my next backlogged game.

I'm in 12 hours now I think, probably closer to 8 or 9 because of idlemaster but this probably would've been better as a 4-6 hour game.

I don't think it being shortened by upwards of 66% would fix that, at all. I liked the game, my bias is there. I love most things Alien, then again. I have my qualms with the game, certainly, but by shortening it that much you'd just be met with no tension building with the way they've set the game up. It's by no means perfect, I acknowledge that despite it being my 2014 GOTY, but I'd probably understand you more if you explained why it feels too long to you. Is it the pacing, or the repetition (which, isn't all that bad because God damn, the AI is too smart)?

I'm with Veggie here. I played it twice, even. Pulled me right in.

I don't think it being shortened by upwards of 66% would fix that, at all. I liked the game, my bias is there. I love most things Alien, then again. I have my qualms with the game, certainly, but by shortening it that much you'd just be met with no tension building with the way they've set the game up. It's by no means perfect, I acknowledge that despite it being my 2014 GOTY, but I'd probably understand you more if you explained why it feels too long to you. Is it the pacing, or the repetition (which, isn't all that bad because God damn, the AI is too smart)?

I'm with Veggie here. I played it twice, even. Pulled me right in.

I think I just loved the way the game was going before the xenomorph popped up. The atmosphere was incredible, and I loved just walking around a derelict station and soaking up the data logs.

I like the gameplay but I feel it's going on for far too long. Probably down to the pacing. I love the idea but I just don't enjoy getting assaulted by the Alien after doing X amount of work and losing it all either.

Still, I like it okay. Just don't think I'll finish it.

Looks like Not A Hero is getting more content, since it has new achievements that mention a new campaign.

OOOOoooh SHIT! Nice!

Game is hard as hell but you can switch playable characters! Also the story is mildly stupid satire, but that's okay for parody to be honest. It's kinda stupid for reason.

Nabs

Looks like Not A Hero is getting more content, since it has new achievements that mention a new campaign.

It looks like it may be the new Xbox One additions (Milkshake Shakedown is a Bunnylord mission). I hope OlliOlli 2 gets the same treatment.

Mikurden

I think I just loved the way the game was going before the xenomorph popped up. The atmosphere was incredible, and I loved just walking around a derelict station and soaking up the data logs.

I like the gameplay but I feel it's going on for far too long. Probably down to the pacing. I love the idea but I just don't enjoy getting assaulted by the Alien after doing X amount of work and losing it all either.

Still, I like it okay. Just don't think I'll finish it.
Why not try that mod that takes the alien out?

Jawmuncher

There was only one moment in Alien isolation where the alien gave me trouble. That was when you had to find a item and it didn't tell you where it was exactly. Got really mad at that section. After that it was smooth sailing. Alien even on hard is pretty dumb

Corpekata

Banned
Anyone know what the deal is between Ron Gilbert and Tim Schafer? There is def some bad blood between those two.

Why would you say that? They both seem friendly with each other on social media.

Edit to your edit: Think you're reading far too much into things.

Phawx

Why would you say that? They both seem friendly with each other on social media.

Sorry I put additional info in my edit of that post. It's more of a gut feeling (I.E. most likely incredibly wrong) than anything.

I don't know, how quick he responded to the Fig mention. Just seeing how fast he replied, there is a difference between acting and reacting.

He reacted.

Gah! Sorry for the double post.

Edit: Also I just saw your edit and you are most likely correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom