• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

Can't wait until GOTY time to see people realise Overwatch won't be eligible for Steamgaf's awards :p

less than a week until Witcher 3 Blood and Wine, true gamers

I'll be in Finland :(

MGS1 and MGS3 stories would have made for perfect films on the big screen. Especially MGS1. Its a better thriller than 99% of the movie junk out there today.

MGS3 would have made a better Bond movie than every Bond movie every made combined and then some.

Maybe if an editor got to them with a hatchet :/

I definitely prefer the Platinum Stars outfits I'll say:
Imasu-Plat-Stars-Chokaigi-2016_002.jpg

Sorry is this a different thing from Hatsune Miku?
I can't track of all your bloody waifus Gaf

kagamin

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/107138/

Umh, why this version costs 40€ when there's no price for the two DLCs?

Just assume both DLCs are priced at 4.99 :p

Sorry is this a different thing from Hatsune Miku?
I can't track of all your bloody waifus Gaf

You think wrong friend, people like to assume I'm in on the "waifu" thing, quite an odd assumption really, I just happen to like J-Pop a lot (maybe not as much as Jazz or K-Pop... or J-Rock), Vocaloid has tons of genres while Idolmaster is more limited in the song styles it offers.

jdw_b

Someone wanna split this Bundlestars pick and mix LEGO bundle?
https://www.bundlestars.com/en/promotions/lego-pick-mix
I only want Batman 3 and Jurassic Park

If you also want Jurassic Park or Batman 3 it is possible to add a secondary copy on checkout.

It will be €3.68 per game. Or if you can pay in dollars it will be $3.33 each, me $6.67 and you $3.33

I'll go in with you on this, I was planning on getting Jurassic World for my wife.

I'll PM you

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
So I want to launch Overwatch through Steam. Done. Easy. But whenever I launch it via Steam, I have to provide my Battle.net account and password. Is there a way around it? If I use the Bnet launcher, I don't have to put my credentials every single time.

So I want to launch Overwatch through Steam. Done. Easy. But whenever I launch it via Steam, I have to provide my Battle.net account and password. Is there a way around it? If I use the Bnet launcher, I don't have to put my credentials every single time.
Nope, there's no way around that.

jdw_b

Random problem time...

I've got a freesync monitor and have been playing Borderlands 2 for the past few weeks. Runs at around 120ish FPS, framerate is uncapped in the games settings, v-sync off etc.

Up until last week the game was playing absolutely fine, running as above, but for some reason when I boot up the game at the minute it'll slog away at like 40-60 fps, barely pushing the GPU clock up.

The only way to solve it is to change the resolution a few times and suddenly it will kick in and run normally again.

Any ideas? Is it an old-game thing? I've used DDU and re-installed drivers...

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Lumino City -- MB-62FED04E7F0C5E4B - Taken by Baron_Calamity
t1cxE6r.gif
Murdered Soul Suspect -- MB-037DE9A7E0325F49 - Taken by Foolia

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

Saty

Total Warhammer: Warhammer servers are now live, although a small portion of players are experiencing game crashes.

Sega has blamed the problem on the amount of players currently online.

Thankfully, only a fraction of active players are affected. Out of 40k people playing in the game's first hour online, just "a few hundred" had hit the problem, Sega said.

There are two things to try if If you are affected. First, restart Steam in Offline mode. If you're still having issues you should update graphics drivers and verify your Steam cache.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-05-24-sega-warns-of-total-war-warhammer-server-issues

Shadowgate was great fun, I agree. The attention to detail in adhering to the original was really well done, to the point that at a few times I felt like I was playing an HD version of the original. Some of the red herrings in this game were actually real clues in the original and vice versa so I really appreciated that.

Anyone who hasn't played this yet and enjoys point n click adventure games is missing out.

They hinted at a sequel, did that get shelved?

From a tweet earlier this month:

Heh. Indeed. We have three games in the works at various stages of dev. Finalizing a new 3D engine too.

They're pretty hush-hush about their development though. If I had to guess, they're still working on Beyond Shadowgate but they're not close enough to start hyping a release yet.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
US gaf (or whoever plays on US servers I guess) hook me up with dem battlenet tags because the stupid friends list is different and I might not have you, and im going to play mostly on US servers I think. Ping was fine for me last night (this morning?).

Rhaknar#1946

This videogame sure is fun. I guess this is what many of you feel about Rocket League

3wPc6OF.png

i love you overwatch, but damn launch night was rough lol

still a lot of fun even if i lost like 65% of my games tonight but sadly i found like a shit ton of toxic ppl already which was almost completely absent during beta

tahts so weird, I found no toxicity...I mean, im not using voice chat so is that why? nobody types anything except GG or jokes about pressing Q for play of the game in the chat (and this was on US too lol)

I played 39 matches (lol >_<) and won 26, most of it with a small group of gaffers (MarvelHeroesGaf is too strong lol) so im pretty happy with winning 2/3rds :p

What if I think both games are just okay?
I need a fun multiplayer game dammit :(

cant help with there dude, I dont usually play competitive multiplayer games, I have no idea whats out there. CS GO? No idea :/

derFeef

US gaf (or whoever plays on US servers I guess) hook me up with dem battlenet tags because the stupid friends list is different and I might not have you, and im going to play mostly on US servers I think. Ping was fine for me last night (this morning?).

Rhaknar#1946

This videogame sure is fun. I guess this is what many of you feel about Rocket League

What if I think both games are just okay?
I need a fun multiplayer game dammit :(

Parsnip

Speaking of video game movies, some of those cgi resident evil movies are actually decent.

Also I think people should stop reading too much into tweets.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
help, im stuck in a group full of taiwanese and theyre all making fun of me I bet, I cant understand ;_;

Saty

Paradox has removed a Stellaris mod which altered the game's human race to be entirely made up of white characters with European names.

This mod, which was creatively titled 'European Phenotype and Names Only (White Humans)', is no longer available to download via the Steam Workshop.
"We shipped the game originally with an accurate representation of humans, that is to say diverse in both ethnicity and personality," a Paradox spokesperson told Eurogamer. "We embrace the idea that players mod the game to best represent how they want to play, we do NOT however wish to enable discriminatory practices.

"We appreciate any inappropriate mods being brought to our attention and will take them down where necessary, we also encourage players to make use of the flagging function provided by Valve where needed."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...tory-stellaris-mod-that-made-all-humans-white

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom