• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm a big blizz fan, have played every single released of theirs since 2004, and have enjoyed every game, except for two: HotS and now this. Toxic ppl aside (it's an online game, you expect them), Overwatch just hasn't clicked with me. They've tried to emulate TF2 with a twist, and though I was enjoying it in the betas, I lost interest very fast.

And no, I don't hate online fps games, I still love playing css even though the graphics suck, and it's one of the most basic games around.
i wouldn't say they tried to "emulate tf2", the game definitely feels like its own thing even if it takes tf2 as a starting point

it reminds me a lot of league which is why i like it so much

So I want to launch Overwatch through Steam. Done. Easy. But whenever I launch it via Steam, I have to provide my Battle.net account and password. Is there a way around it? If I use the Bnet launcher, I don't have to put my credentials every single time.
weird, i don't have to put my credentials, i just launch it from steam and it opens the bnet launcher and then i just play it

tahts so weird, I found no toxicity...I mean, im not using voice chat so is that why? nobody types anything except GG or jokes about pressing Q for play of the game in the chat (and this was on US too lol)

I played 39 matches (lol >_<) and won 26, most of it with a small group of gaffers (MarvelHeroesGaf is too strong lol) so im pretty happy with winning 2/3rds :p
i wouldn't say it was like every game but it was definitely noticeable compared to the beta. like on my second or third game i had a widow go "gg noobs" or something like that and just stand still until we lost

it doesn't help that there's no "trolling" report option, it's really weird. i went with "harassment" but yeah, that's pretty dumb, and i'm used to dumb report options coming from league

yuraya

4 hours left on the capcom bundle. Everyone needs to get on it if you haven't already.

Speaking of bundles..We are finally getting the Humble AssCreed Bundle today. I can feel it.

mp1990

Banned
Found out that my GTS250 isn't compatible with DirectX 10.1 so I won't be able to play Overwatch till Thursday

I even had to format this damn PC and it won't run

everything sucks :(

sheaaaa

4 hours left on the capcom bundle. Everyone needs to get on it if you haven't already.

Speaking of bundles..We are finally getting the Humble AssCreed Bundle today. I can feel it.

I literally have everything on the bundle except Bionic Commando which I'm tempted to get because it's not on sale on Steam in my region but I don't think it's worth $10.

Anyone played Lumo? Looks like a great little throwback and was even reviewed by Eurogamer but not much chatter on here about it. It's an isometric puzzler/platformer that harks back to similar games on British computers in the 80s.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
He can go suck a fat one.
Shhh, I'm trying to trick Rhaknar.

Nah, I have all but Remember Me and Bionic Commando. Edit: Oh, and DmC. But $9.47.... nah.

Deques

The only game I wanted was DMC4:SE. But I did not wanted to buy the entire bundle just for one game. Luckily I did find one guy that sold the game, so I bought it from him

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I also want DMC4:SE but I don't want to pay more then $2.50 for it because I think it's bullshit they didn't have an upgrade option for DMC4 owners.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

tSosaRZ.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-1108C2ACD68452D1 - Taken by gngf123. 6 entrants total.

t1464110498z1.png

Phawx

Blackshell Media.... one of those "famous" publishers around greenlight games.

This is a good article related to them. http://morrisonlee.com/2016/05/23/g...how-to-throw-your-lifes-work-away-in-seconds/

Yea, I read that article last night. It's insightful but not more than people already know about shady indie publishers.

The only indie game publishers that are worthwhile IMO:

TinyBuild
Devolver
Raw Fury
Adult Swim
Chucklefish
Paradox
Versus Evil
Playism

This is the small list of indie pubs that when they announce a new game, I'll take notice. More importantly they are a far better indicator of "Steam Curators" than Steam Curators.

gngf123

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (gngf123, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Remember Me -- MB-061829F7EBA682DE - Taken by fifasnipe2224. 2 entrants total.

t1464101649z1.png
ok

Arthea

Yea, I read that article last night. It's insightful but not more than people already know about shady indie publishers.

TinyBuild
Devolver
Raw Fury
Adult Swim
Chucklefish
Paradox
Versus Evil

This is the small list of indie pubs that when they announce a new game, I'll take notice. More importantly they are a far better indicator of "Steam Curators" than Steam Curators.
no Playism?
boo this man

Grief.exe

i don't get how companies still make cases with usb ports on the bottom

pretty

would be prettier in orange

The case is meant to be on a desk, so USB ports on the bottom would be more sensible.

I have a more minimalistic taste, so orange would be a no go.

kagamin

TinyBuild
Devolver
Raw Fury
Adult Swim
Chucklefish
Paradox
Versus Evil

Arthea has a point you know. :p

no Playism?
boo this man

Phawx

no Playism?
boo this man

Playism def falls in the list of legit "Steam Curators" as an indie publisher.

You are correct. I'll make an edit.

Anyone else have any worthwhile mentions, because I only put what I could think off the top of my head.

Edit: This isn't Steam, but Comixology just launched a subscription service at $6/month with offline reading. I already started the free trial to see what you get in the sub. https://www.comixology.com/unlimited

kagamin

Playism def falls in the list of legit "Steam Curators" as an indie publisher.

You are correct. I'll make an edit.

Anyone else have any worthwhile mentions, because I only put what I could think off the top of my head.

Edit: This isn't Steam, but Comixology just launched a subscription service at $6/month with offline reading. I already started the free trial to see what you get in the sub.

Fruitbat Factory are very good as well. :p

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Edit: This isn't Steam, but Comixology just launched a subscription service at $6/month with offline reading. I already started the free trial to see what you get in the sub. https://www.comixology.com/unlimited

Thanks for the heads up on this. I love Comixology and I have a "comics budget" every month (more than $6) that usually gets spent there anyways, so I'll have to check that out.

On another note, the Enhanced Steam primary origin server experienced some catastrophic hardware failure this morning and my hosting company is working on rebuilding it for me. Once they bring it back online the data should reseed from one of the downstream servers, but until that happens you will most likely experience issues with the Enhanced Steam API servers.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
fun games Atra/Leaf and whatever else gaffer was in that group, I dunno, weird ass names and all

also this:

Kevin VanOrd &#8207;@fiddlecub May 20
So anyway, I'm moving to Belgium to work for Larian Studios on Divinity: Original Sin 2 and games beyond. I'm super excited.

Anyone know what the deal is between Ron Gilbert and Tim Schafer? There is def some bad blood between those two.

Edit: for reference: https://twitter.com/grumpygamer/status/734851191218135040

When someone mentioned Tim and Fig in the same sentence, Ron replied with alacrity.

Theory: Sony and Double Fine already have an established relationship with Disney and they are already working on, or planning a Monkey Island 3. Not bad blood so much as business inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom