• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momentary

Banned
It's happening, just ordered.

M1-v2-16-600x450.jpg

I was specifically considering this case until I decided to go stupid with my build. Live minimalist design and non gamery aesthetics. It's expensive, but the build quality is too notch. What are you slapping in this thing?

I just drove around base for an hour listening to this. I'm waiting for the gear turn in line to die down.

zkylon

zkylewd
after such a bad night i woke up early for some freelance work i had to finish up and since i finished early ended up playing a bit more overwatch

i had some great tracer and reinhardt games today and now i feel good about myself again

i need to start playing more tracer on defense, i feel like i'm much better with her on defense

Grief.exe

I was specifically considering this case until I decided to go stupid with my build. Live minimalist design and non gamery aesthetics. It's expensive, but the build quality is too notch. What are you slapping in this thing?

6700k, 1080 both under water with a 240 rad.

I was thinking of doing two 240 rads, but I think I'll wait to see if that's necessary.

The positioning of two 240 rads is also somewhat awkward thermally. You end up either dumping hot air into the case and feeding the second rad to keep positive pressure, or you run a negative pressure setup with both rads pulling air out of the case.
Overtime it might not make a difference as your Delta t with the ambient will reach an equilibrium.

Jawmuncher

You can now preorder Umbrella Corps. Should be popping up on GMG and the like within the week.

All Preorders get the Fashion Victim Pack

For an additional 10 you get the Upgrade Pack

From the trailer this is more cosmetic items that let you play as characters from the series.

Parsnip

Every time someone posts a picture of a comp case in the thread I get a real bad urge to buy a new case as well.

I could probably go with a smaller case now than Define R4 because who needs optical drives these days, but it would still need to be able to fit all my hard drives and such.

Ooof.

madjoki

You can now preorder Umbrella Corps. Should be popping up on GMG and the like within the week.

From the trailer this is more cosmetic items that let you play as characters from the series.

Gotta say I kinda expected this to be F2P game and definitely not 30€ game.

I had been considering getting Doom but the reviews seem pretty mixed. IGN gave it a 7.1.

Maybe IGN just hates good shooters?

Jawmuncher

Really surprised people thought it would be $30. Why exactly? Had it come out on Vita it would have been 40. Sqaure doesn't really drop PC price unless the port is late. Had this been coming to PC next year while the PS4 version was this summer. Then yeah I could have seen 30.

zkylon

zkylewd
Really surprised people thought it would be $30. Why exactly? Had it come out on Vita it would have been 40. Sqaure doesn't really drop PC price unless the port is late. Had this been coming to PC next year while the PS4 version was this summer. Then yeah I could have seen 30.

If you are coming from PC since the 90s, you are used that PC-games are usually always 10$/10€ cheaper than the console versions.

Jawmuncher

If you are coming from PC since the 90s, you are used that PC-games are usually always 10$/10€ cheaper than the console versions.

That has been dying off a lot lately. Within the last two years most titles are the same price as console versions. It isn't anything new. Square Enix themselves are selling Deus Ex Mankind Divided for 59.99.
Even PC exclusives like Total War and Xcom 2 are 60. I think most devs have upped the price these days since there's more ways to get the game cheap if needed.

Grief.exe

That has been dying off a lot lately. Within the last two years most titles are the same price as console versions. It isn't anything new. Square Enix themselves are selling Deus Ex Mankind Divided for 59.99.
Even PC exclusives like Total War and Xcom 2 are 60. I think most devs have upped the price these days since there's more ways to get the game cheap if needed.

They're doing it because it increases their profit margins, discount sites are just eating into their own retailer cut.

Momentary

Banned
6700k, 1080 both under water with a 240 rad.

I was thinking of doing two 240 rads, but I think I'll wait to see if that's necessary.

The positioning of two 240 rads is also somewhat awkward thermally. You end up either dumping hot air into the case and feeding the second rad to keep positive pressure, or you run a negative pressure setup with both rads pulling air out of the case.
Overtime it might not make a difference as your Delta t with the ambient will reach an equilibrium.

Yeah. I think you should be fine with a 240. Jayztwocents has some videos about rad placement and ambient temperatures of you have to checked them out yet.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Page is up! $40 D:

I'm down with the price - I'm just trying to decide
if I want to play it on PC or PS4
. I wish we were getting a physical copy here in the US.

Ludens

Banned

So basically in this game in order to play as proper RE characters, you need to buy a DLC pack, just like in Operation Raccoon City.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
lemme tell you what you should do, install any adblock and block ign for good
problem solved
no need to thank me

But then I wouldn't be able to read reviews for newly released games.

I feel like no one is thinking this through.

Pachimari

Reading back a few pages, which videogame-to-movies do we have?

- Hitman
- Agent 47
- Max Payne
- Tomb Raider
- Tomb Raider: The Craddle of Life
- Doom
- Resident Evil
- Resident Evil: Apocalypse
- Resident Evil: Extinction
- Resident Evil: Afterlife
- Resident Evil: Retribution
- Silent Hill
- Silent Hill: Revelation
- Angry Birds
- Tekken
- Tekken 2: Kazuya's Revenge
- Mortal Kombat
- Street Fighter
- Dead or Alive

[edit]
And then I see this list:

Here, you can even sort by Metacritic or Rotten Tomatoes: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_based_on_video_games

Forget about my list, I'm just bored.

Tellaerin

It just seems a little cheesy when you consider the fact that they're not paying a licensing fee to publish games on PC. It's like that savings used to be passed on to the people buying the games and now... the publisher's charging the same for the PC version and pocketing the "console tax"? Bleh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom