• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

mp1990

Banned
People who don't have Towerfall yet should not pass the BTA tier.

Towerfall is the best pizza couch multiplayer game since Bomberman. Each time I have friends home we end up playing it. It has this arcade philosophy: easy to pick up and understand with still a big learning curve to fully master it.
Is it still worth for those who don't give a damn for couch multiplayer? I rarely, if ever, have friends in house, and whenever they come we stick to smash :p

louiedog

I've been waiting for A Boy and His Blob and Human Resource Machine to be bundled, didn't expect both of them to show up in the $1 tier. I notice there's no mention of adding games in the second week though.

The strengthening of friendships through playing Towerfall is the only bonus you need.

Hektor

Another great month for PCPlus

ModBot said:
Instructions for Hektor:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Hektor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Towerfall Ascension -- MB-E88BEEF9C540C510 - Taken by Kifimbo
Human Resource Machine -- MB-03EB4DC1F44B071A - Taken by Eila

Kaleinc

Banned
So basically

0RrmsRq.png

Up for pre-order
YAIBA: NINJA
TURTLES
Z :p

Game!
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Space Farmers -- MB-0BEBD518D807E73B - Taken by fifasnipe2224

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Towerfall Ascension -- MB-AEFA4495F068219A - Taken by colinp. 4 entrants total.
This game is really fun to play with friends. Please only claim this game if you have friends coming over and want a great arcade game to play together. Seriously, don't be a jerk
Mini Metro -- MB-E4D6AB75933634B8 - Taken by oipic. 10 entrants total.
This game is really fun to play on a plane. Please only claim this game if you have a flight or train ride in the next month and are looking for something to play on a plane. Seriously, don't be a jerk.

t1462302799z1.png

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys.
Mini Metro -- MB-E4D6AB75933634B8
This game is really fun to play on a plane. Please only claim this game if you have a flight or train ride in the next month and are looking for something to play on a plane. Seriously, don't be a jerk.

t1462302799z1.png

I use ferry daily, does that count?

dex3108

Hexcells Infinite main levels finished. That 6-5 level was so tense that i was scared to click on tile few times XD Forget Souls games Hexcells is real deal!!!

Jawmuncher

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jawmuncher, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War Game of the Year Edition -- MB-9C086C1836286903 - Taken by mp1990. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution -- MB-DB66279E844B6079 - Taken by voodooray. 2 entrants total.

t1462304839z1.png

In Celebration of DoW3
*Not Liable if the keys don't work*

NotSelf

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NotSelf, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Human Resource Machine -- MB-38D08BAE747892BA - Taken by nightstorm

Hello!

oipic

I'm living out of a suitcase for work reasons, in planes, trains and automobiles for much of the next 5-6 weeks - Mini Metro has stepped into my life at just the right time. Loading up the laptop now with light, offline goodies.

(thank you kindly, Anonymous Benefactor)

Powerpuff

Is it still worth for those who don't give a damn for couch multiplayer? I rarely, if ever, have friends in house, and whenever they come we stick to smash :p

Towerfall remains a game made to be enjoyed with friends. However there are modes which can be single played.

The "Versus" mode is multiplayer only. It can be customized and offers different play options but it requires at least another player to fight as there are no bots to replace players.

The "Quest" is the other main mode and can be played single or in 2 player co-op (and up to 4 player co-op for the quest of the "Dark World" expansion not included in the bundle). It is a great arena brawler where you fight enemy waves. You will enjoy it if you like arcade games and to challenge your skills.
However I mostly played this mode with my significant other. If it's really good and enjoyable alone, it becomes truly awesome when played with someone else.

You also have a "Time Trial" mode which is single player only with different levels to learn the game and train your skills. But it is only really interesting if you like the game and want to improve.

Played with friends Towerfall is an awesome game, one of my favorite games ever, but played single it would probably be only good.

The more I watch and read about Stellaris the more I want to get it.

I'm hesitant due to the fact that I recently bought a full price game (DS3) and I'm not sure if I should be spending that much on games that often.

It does look really good though...

Anyone got a $20 steam code for sale?

Yo I'am on mobile right now.

I just bought a $20 Steam Code card from Wal Mart today.

If I can remember to friend request you on the STEAM GAF group, we can work something out in terms of trading a code for a game or what not later on.

Hopefully I won't be a dead ass walking after dinner

i don't get the impression it sold very well

45k on steamspy. That's pretty good for an indie, but maybe they had higher expectations as their previous game (world of goo) sold 650k.

I am sure if World of Goo would be released now, it wouldnt actually sell that well. World of Goo came out during a time when indie-titles on Steam were almost non-existant compared to today.

True.

45k on steamspy. That's pretty good for an indie, but maybe they had higher expectations as their previons game (world of goo) sold 650k.

I am sure if World of Goo would be released now, it wouldnt actually sell that well. World of Goo came out during a time when indie-titles on Steam were almost non-existant compared to today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom