• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry you lost that right when you changed your avatar.

YcwZN4f.png

I'll change it back in july :p

Lomax

i don't get the impression it sold very well

50k-ish basically at full price seems decent enough. You'd think they'd at least have a good sale on Steam first. I know I would have bought it at 75% off.

I am sure if World of Goo would be released now, it wouldnt actually sell that well. World of Goo came out during a time when indie-titles on Steam were almost non-existant compared to today.

I dunno, World of Goo is still a classic. Plus it was in the very first Humble Bundle. I actually played and beat it before I ever got a Steam key from that bundle.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Speaking of which... Do you think you could add a "add to my wishlist" button in friend's wishlists ? I mean without the need to visit each store pages :p

That's not a bad idea, let me take a look.

mp1990

Banned

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Towerfall Ascension -- MB-FAA3D6234C0F9603 - Taken by Salsa. 5 entrants total.
Mini Metro -- MB-82445B300FDE09C6 - Taken by Soulflarz. 8 entrants total.

t1462307059z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So, will it list the date rather than spring/winter etc?

This will only list what's available for the app in the API. So unfortunately it will simply say whatever the developer put into that field. For example see my Shiness screenshot. "Spring 2016" is what it says because that's what the API says. Unfortunately, nothing is structured and the data here isn't validated.

GaussTek

That's an awesome Humble Bundle, although I feel a bit sad that A Boy and His Blob just came out a few months ago and it's already in the $1 tier :(

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I don't know how to feel about Konami doing something I consider to be a good decision. It's been a while.

Messiah

That's not a confirmation by the way that's just a fan group trying to push for steam releases from what I gathered. I just found it interesting that Konami was retweeting it ...

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Ah, so I can go back to expecting nothing from them.

Back to Dark Souls, where I attempt to pose dead enemies into amusing poses thanks to ragdoll physics.

Parsnip

Some extras.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Parsnip, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Oceanhorn: Monster of the Uncharted Seas -- MB-29188421BFEECBD0 - Taken by Hero Prinny
Shantae Risky's Revenge Director's Cut -- MB-D35E55D8D5983F8B - Taken by bigzgod
Mini Metro -- MB-D90CEBF62C100854 - Taken by Jawmuncher
t1cxE6r.gif
Dreamfall Chapters -- MB-68C8D8C28C57A1F1 - Taken by voodooray
A Boy and His Blob -- MB-803A83D68CE5B31F - Taken by HP_Wuvcraft

FLD

50,000 copies for Disgaea doesn't sound bad at all for such an old game. I hope NIS keeps'em comin'

It hasn't gone on sale yet, right? If so, that's pretty decent for such a niche game. Really hope they get around to bringing the sequels sooner rather than later. I never actually played Disgaea 2 so I'm looking forward to finally doing that.

Yea, I am no longer blocked on gleam, thus:
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

GabeN: The Final Decision -- MB-8044F618A46C94C2

Knurek

Take this with a grain of salt:

http://semiaccurate.com/2016/05/03/thing-go-bumpgate-in-the-night-for-nvidias-gp100-pascal-gpu/

Naturally this follows what was said previously from Charlie but with a bit more of a problem that just "fixing bugs"

Considering AMD is the only vendor with working 14nm silicon at trade shows, doesn't look that good for nVidia.

Considering what previous 'bumpgate' meant for NVIDIA...
I guess I might as well be sticking with GTX970...

Lashley I'm on my gaming computer and I have found your profile on the STEAM GAF group.

If you are online please accept my friend request, I would be more then happy to exchange you my $20 Steam Code.

Lashley plz

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Just purchased

Chj8jfoXIAA9rKC.jpg:large

EDIT:
Lashley I'm on my gaming computer and I have found your profile on the STEAM GAF group.

If you are online please accept my friend request, I would be more then happy to exchange you my  Steam Code.

Lashley plz

Sorry mate, already purchased one

MUnited83

For you.
50,000 copies for Disgaea doesn't sound bad at all for such an old game. I hope NIS keeps'em comin'
Well deserved. Kudos to NIS for the kickass support they demonstrated on their first PC port. They would constantly search for user feedback and report progress on bug fixing like everyday in the first week of release. I was left with a very good impression of them. Just a shame that they launched with a issue that was caused entirely by the Steam clientes that left a bad taste in people's mouth in the first couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom