• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just purchased

Chj8jfoXIAA9rKC.jpg:large

EDIT:

Sorry mate, already purchased one

AWWWW DAMN!

Anyone else interested in a $20 Steam Code?

Y'all have two hours before I change my mind.

Long time no see, getting rid of a key that's been collecting dust for a bit

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Inferno 2 -- MB-04AB93503DBD9FEF - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 6 entrants total.

t1462312040z1.png

Arthea

Arthea, post if you're okay...

it totally gonna happen
you can't stop Suikoden fans, after all we begged for Suikoden games on PSN so long and so hard that Konami finally relented, we just drowned them in petitions and our tears.
We will have Suikoden games on steam in no time, meaning after another 10 or 20 years of begging.
after all

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I am into this second Darksiders 2 playthrough in a way I thought I would be when I first played it years ago when it came out, because of my love of DS1. Im not sure whats going on, if its because at the time I was expecting more of a pure sequel and the shift to more of a loot based action rpg and less pure zelda "get ability X in this dungeon to traverse" turned me off, whatever the case I remember that even tho I finished and enjoyed it, I was disapointed in it. But this time around I am completely loving it. That ever happen to someone, you completely turn on a game when you play it again years later? I guess a negative turn would be more common

Eila

I'd buy the Suikoden games on steam :) never played many of the PS1 JRPG classics.
Also need Grandia 1 really bad. That game looks very similar to Trails in the Sky.

I am into this second Darksiders 2 playthrough in a way I thought I would be when I first played it years ago when it came out, because of my love of DS1. Im not sure whats going on, if its because at the time I was expecting more of a pure sequel and the shift to more of a loot based action rpg and less pure zelda "get ability X in this dungeon to traverse" turned me off, whatever the case I remember that even tho I finished and enjoyed it, I was disapointed in it. But this time around I am completely loving it. That ever happen to someone, you completely turn on a game when you play it again years later? I guess a negative turn would be more common

I played Broken Sword on handheld a few years before I got the remastered version on PC. I managed to sequence break the handheld version and got stuck like it was an early Sierra game or some shit. So I gave up on it and it had soured me on the game. But the PC version was nicely done, I managed to finish it with no game-breaking bugs, and I had a fun time with it.

Phawx

Hey fellas,

Just put up a Quick Look of LASTFIGHT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djWSiNMAhk8

header.jpg

For those that don't want to watch a video, here are some of my impressions:

LASTFIGHT has a heavy Power Stone influence. There is no online multiplayer just want to let you guys know that from the get-go. I played online with a friend using Action! which is similar to PS4 GameShare or nVidia's Co-Op Gamestream except it's vendor neutral and doesn't require full screen games.

Even though LASTFIGHT is heavily Power Stone flavored, there are some core Power Stone ideas completely absent in LASTFIGHT. First and probably most important, size of character doesn't dictate how the character interacts with the environment. Regardless of character choice, things are 1:1.

I.E. In Power Stone, the quick/fast characters would spin around a pole and the big heavy characters would rip the pole off and use it like a giant club.

Secondly, collecting "power stones" doesn't transform your character into a super version of your character. Instead you transform into a level specific super character. Meaning regardless if A,B,C,D are playing on a level, when one of those people collect three stones, they will only transform into X. X being a specific super for that level.

I'm not too sure how I feel about the power transformation, at the very least it seems like it's a way easier way to balance the game.

Speaking of balance, when going against human players, it's more or less even when knowing how each character attacks and what their unique supers are. But when going against CPU, characters that have a reach advantage are stupid hard. Like the third match in Story mode, the CPU had an answer for EVERY move I threw at him. It's still an early build that I'm playing so this needs to be adjusted. If you see my video, you'll see what I'm talking about.

All told, the levels feel unique and offer a variety of different tangible items to be thrown as well as general hazards that are either triggered or automatically spawning.

Right now I'd like for the CPU to be adjusted or for a difficulty setting to be added.

Outside of that, LASTFIGHT feels pretty polished. UI/UX auto detect specific controllers (x360/keyboard used), visually everything feels tight and cohesive.

TL;DR Pro/Con list

+ Looks good
+ UI/UX is solid
+ Controller support is transparent and just works
+ Character powers are unique
+ Environments are exceptional, some feel a bit small
+ Not a complete clone, LASTFIGHT borrows from Power Stone but still feels completely different
+ Can add AI in versus mode to play with 4 characters at once, even with only 1 player.

- Less variety than anticipated
- The difference between characters ends at their style of fight. Size/Power/Speed don't play a large role.
- CPU difficulty needs to be adjustable
- Some balancing still needs to be tweaked on fighters.
- No Online (Though you can use Action! or nVidia co-op GameStream)

So hey guys how often does Fallout New Vegas and Skyrim (GOTY edition for both) go on sale? I've been waiting for so long to play this games since I got my 750ti.

Corpekata

Banned
So hey guys how often does Fallout New Vegas and Skyrim (GOTY edition for both) go on sale? I've been waiting for so long to play this games since I got my 750ti.

Pretty frequently. Should be decent prices in the summer sales which will be in the next month and a haflish

Edit: Isthereanydeals shows both are 50-66 percent off at Gamesplanet right now.

Finished RotTR, had a good time with it, the game feels pretty good and looks fantastic.
I'm glad I did a few challenge tombs along the way because there are barely any puzzles in the main story, would've gotten too repetitive without those breaks in the action.
I was getting tired of collecting crap and the story is bad but overall it's a solid game. No point comparing it to the old games, it's unfortunate but it's a pointless exercise at this point.
Recommended if you like third person shooters, don't go looking for something resembling classic TR, I went in expecting more of the same and that's what I got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom