• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
not sure if i want to add bundle games like shantae that i'm not interested in if i'm not gonna be able to farm them for cards

Chj7a2qWMAAGjsu.jpg

Less than a toaster, it seems like.

It's gonna run. Try it out.

(I'm gonna suppose you're not being ironic here) I've tried playing it for a few hours already, it doesn't even hit 30fps stable.

Even on the most minimum settings? Game is pretty scalable so I imagine it can run on all kinds of rigs. (except office computers)

mp1990

Banned
Even on the most minimum settings? Game is pretty scalable so I imagine it can run on all kinds of rigs. (except office computers)
Yeah, even with all specs set to low. I've tried messing with the settings but it won't budge. Guess I'll have to settle for the PS4 version.

Salsa

reached a very tedious part in Dark Souls III, not even hard, just tedious

realized I hadnt finished Hyper Light Drifter yet so playing that since only the last boss left, probably going back to Ass Creed Syndicate too before continuing DS3

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Phawx

Thanks for the impressions, but I've never played Power Stone, so I'm still kinda confused as to what's good about Last Fight.

Haha, sorry. I came into that expecting a universal understanding.

Ripped from wiki:

Gameplay involves selecting a character and then proceeding to battle the other characters, one at a time, in various locales. The three-dimensional fighting includes the ability to use special attacks as well as to pick up and fight with such objects as tables, chairs, rocks and bombs. During battle, "Power Stones", resembling gems of different colors, appear in the arena. If a character collects three Power Stones, he/she transforms into a more powerful version of himself/herself. He/she will then be able to use one of two super special attacks: generally a massive long-range power attack and a grab or close-range move. The powered-up mode only lasts until the power bar is fully drained, during which the special attack can be executed (which completely depletes the power bar) or other, lesser special moves can be executed (which only use a small portion of power). Each match continues until the life bar of one of the two characters fighting is depleted.

So that's the general gist. I think what most people remember fondly about Power Stone was that it was a great 4-player fighting game. Along the same lines as what people remember from GoldenEye.

The 4-player part of Power Stone was not 'one at a time' like it says above, that only applied to the campaign.

Extras

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Iesabel -- MB-9EF5F2730E10691E - Taken by Sarcasm. 2 entrants total.
GabeN: The Final Decision -- MB-9F95013A313C7EAF - Taken by gurm3n. 2 entrants total.
Shantae: Riskys Revenge -- MB-DC2CD9B335BDE9EA - Taken by kurahador. 15 entrants total.
Space Farmers -- MB-D56B4E5CDFCA3AFD - Taken by UnderWaterTree. 2 entrants total.

t1462329980z1.png

Corpekata

Banned
Nice addition, especially useful when a new patch fucks up well-received game, or several patches post-release fix an awful launch.

It'll also be useful for when internet trolls decide to brigade a game because some corner or reddit or 4chan decided they didn't like the dev or that it featured X minority characters in it.

Nzyme32

Dawn of War 3 is another announcement I seemed to have missed - sounds great from the brief info available, and the CG trailer is an absurdly great way to announce the return

Even though it is a long wait to 2017, at least that gives me plenty of time to run Dawn of War 1 & 2 and all the extra content into the ground!

zkylon

zkylewd
What if they get cards later?

it's less about them having cards and more about the really annoying email approving process

i'm not sure if you have to do that if you use the mobile authenticator but i don't want valve to have my phone since they seem to not have the greatest security

Kifimbo

Not convince all of them will work. Sorry if your key doesn't.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Before the Echo -- MB-4ED8F43736485658 - Taken by Belgarion
Inescapable -- MB-E472ED1409ECAC92 - Taken by pantsattack
Rush for Glory -- MB-54EC76F90B6FB80B - Taken by Ventara
Lilly Looking Through -- MB-EE321F8F08491DE4 - Taken by GaussTek
Megabyte Punch -- MB-440F263321C6BFA2 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Humans Must Answer -- MB-FC2A4F53AD8C54C1 - Taken by rainking187
Clickr -- MB-14547E655AEC7BA3 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN
Fester Mudd: Curse of the Gold -- MB-83B969C6B5EBDF26 - Taken by fifasnipe2224

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Sweet. The FairSteam extension had this and I even had a suggestion on Github and a few emails regarding adding this to Enhanced Steam. Seems now I don't have to!

I saw earlier today you're incorporating release dates into Wishlists because it was just a simple call. Would incorporating review averages into Wishlists be similarly simple? I don't know how much data you're caching or how easy it is to get the stuff you want from the API. I know you can get Steam user reviews through scraping the search autocomplete to avoid having to scrape the entire store page, but I don't think user reviews are in the store page API. I often add pre-release stuff to my wishlist because it looks good, then later go through and prune whatever turns out to be junk.

it's less about them having cards and more about the really annoying email approving process

i'm not sure if you have to do that if you use the mobile authenticator but i don't want valve to have my phone since they seem to not have the greatest security

Ah I see. Yeah, if you have the mobile authenticator, you won't have to do email confirmation, but you still have to confirm in the app if you want to list them on the market. If you don't want to use your phone, it's probably not worth the effort.

Coreda

Is there a way of charging the DS4 via USB on PC without disconnecting the Bluetooth connection? Switching from wireless to wired always requires some fiddling with DS4Windows, and the next time it goes wireless it needs to be re-paired in the devices settings which is a PITA.

Perhaps non-data USB ports/cables?

Sarcasm

Is there a way of charging the DS4 via USB on PC without disconnecting the Bluetooth connection? Switching from wireless to wired always requires some fiddling with DS4Windows, and the next time it goes wireless it needs to be re-paired in the devices settings which is a PITA.

This is probably a bad idea but you could try a wall USB charger (like your cell phone one). Most of them you can take the cable out.

This is most likely potentially a very bad idea as I don't have a DS4 and do not know the power/voltage requirements (and do nots). So you could fry something.

Also best to go wired unless you are PC comfy couch GAF (positive term not negativvveeee)

Nabs

I use my wall charger for that exact reason. I think problems start up once Windows installs a second Wireless Controller. I'm pretty sure charge-only cables are a thing, and that regular ones can be modded to get there.

I think this is new for reviews as well? Maybe?

ycSSmsb.png

You can now view all reviews regardless of language by selecting "All Languages" from the language dropdown in the reviews tab of the Community Hub for the game.
There's a new checkbox when writing a review to more easily disclose if you received the copy of the game for free.

Yup

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Baron_Calamity, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Iesabel -- MB-9EF5F2730E10691E - Taken by Sarcasm. 2 entrants total.
GabeN: The Final Decision -- MB-9F95013A313C7EAF - Taken by gurm3n. 2 entrants total.
Shantae: Riskys Revenge -- MB-DC2CD9B335BDE9EA - Taken by kurahador. 15 entrants total.
Space Farmers -- MB-D56B4E5CDFCA3AFD - Taken by UnderWaterTree. 2 entrants total.

t1462329980z1.png

rtcn63

I never finished Shantae. The game would've been better if it was less Risky's Revenge, and more Risky's Revengeance.

Coreda

Also best to go wired unless you are PC comfy couch GAF (positive term not negativvveeee)

Ironically DS4Windows states the controller has more delay over wired :p It's more because wires get in the way and after years of not using an X360 wired controller for that reason the DS4 is so nice (and the only DS controller I've ever liked).

I use my wall charger for that exact reason. I think problems start up once Windows installs a second Wireless Controller. I'm pretty sure charge-only cables are a thing, and that regular ones can be modded to get there.

k, will try. I'll check the voltages just to be sure.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Darksiders 2 does something interesting with the dlc weapons and gear, you dont get it at the start of the game like most games would do, they get rolled in as boss drops or even hidden in the world so you gradually get them. I thought that was neat and I never noticed the first time (unless its specific to the deathinitive edition)

rtcn63

Darksiders 2 does something interesting with the dlc weapons and gear, you dont get it at the start of the game like most games would do, they get rolled in as boss drops or even hidden in the world so you gradually get them. I thought that was neat and I never noticed the first time (unless its specific to the deathinitive edition)

I remember there being an item that turns all vanilla weapon drops into possessed weapons, making loot from that point on worthless. Also health steal was god-tier.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I remember there being an item that turns all vanilla weapon drops into possessed weapons, making loot from that point on worthless. Also health steal was god-tier.

I never really used health steal, mostly for not finding it I think. But i played (and am playing again lol) a zombie build so you just chuck them out there and wail on baddies while the zombies aggro them. To be fair im not exactly looking for a challenge from these games anyway (or any game really, im not that guy).

Speaking of the zombies, I could sware you could have three out and sure enough my NG+ Death summons 3, but in my new playthroygh I maxed out the skills and can still only have 2 out so I dont know what the fuck is going on, might need to read up on it

Edit: nvm just checked and its the zombie health talent that eventually gives you the third one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom