• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
Same goes for "it doesn't work for me, therefore it doesn't work for anyone so we are all beta testers"
Regarding the save, just start the mission again and save over the old saves. And the guy you said has the same issue doesn't have the same issue at all.

They have all similar issue, aka no matter what, you can't get SA because in some way the save and what you did on it interferes with the current game. I'm not so dumb to do the same mission an infinite amount of time without restarting.

But you are also the dude who reported DS3 cheat problem wasn't "massive" after all.

MUnited83

For you.
They have all similar issue, aka no matter what, you can't get SA because in some way the save and what you did on it interferes with the current game. I'm not so dumb to do the same mission an infinite amount of time without restarting.

But you are also the dude who reported DS3 cheat problem wasn't "massive" after all.

No, they don't. The guy you linked on the Hitman thread has a completely different issue.

And no, DS3 cheat problem wasn't, and it isn't "massive" in the slightest, unless you have no idea what "massive" means. Furthermore, nobody even got softbanned at all due to that "problem" so you might want to wait a bit.

Ludens

Banned
No, they don't. The guy you linked on the Hitman thread has a completely different issue.

And no, DS3 cheat problem wasn't, and it isn't "massive" in the slightest, unless you have no idea what "massive" means. Furthermore, nobody even got softbanned at all due to that "problem" so you might want to wait a bit.

This is what it's reported in that thread:

I struggled with SA, SO for a while myself. For some reason the game registered non-lethal takedowns as kills, causing me to lose my SA rating. Took me a good 11-12 tries before it finally worked.
If you want to avoid getting spotted in the cave, you might want to take her out in her office instead, there should be a very good opportunity to kill and stash her without being spotted.

Yeah, TOTALLY different. Regarding DS3, maybe those dudes weren't banned because someone streamed the "event". But there are plenty of people banned for no reason so yeah, the problem is "massive" for me.

MUnited83

For you.

Yeah, TOTALLY different.

It's quite literally 100% different to the issue you are reporting of broken saves, but sure, make stuff up if you want. It quite literally has no relevance to the issue you are reporting in any way.

Ludens

Banned
It's quite literally 100% different to the issue you are reporting of broken saves, but sure, make stuff up if you want. It quite literally has no relevance to the issue you are reporting in any way.

Did you read my posts in the Hitman threads? If no, please go and read them again. 100% different, yeah.

MUnited83

For you.

Yeah, TOTALLY different. Regarding DS3, maybe those dudes weren't banned because someone streamed the "event". But there are plenty of people banned for no reason so yeah, the problem is "massive" for me.
And the proof those people were banned because of cheaters instead of something else? Would love to see it really, especially when most of those banned people never reported encountering a cheater that gave them souls. But suuuuuuuure, "massive cheater problem".
Did you read my posts in the Hitman threads? If no, please go and read them again. 100% different, yeah.
Oh noes, you got hit with the bug that will make subdue make people die sometimes. Has exactly 0 to with your issue with saves that no one else seems to be reporting. And as you can see, the guy you quoted managed to end the mission fine in the end.

data

I'm playing Momodora Reverie under blah blah blah and the screen tearing is so annoying, there's no way to turn on vsync either. I'm at a constant 60fps, why is it doing this?

Stellaris battle in potato form
ChnZGKkW0AALTR2.jpg:large

and no, I have no idea what's going on either. It's from one of the recent streams, haven't seen it in action yet.

get hype

Miff

For the Nep Beta, make sure you read the T&C's...

Now, if you excuse me, I'll go back to my maddening Tree of Savior addiction.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
For the Nep Beta, make sure you read the T&C's...

Now, if you excuse me, I'll go back to my maddening Tree of Savior addiction.

If you get in the beta not to take pics, vids, extract content, etc. Also do not post impressions or reviews of it. In other words dont say anything if you get in while in beta period. Also if make sure to report bugs to the site instead of just redeeming the game and not do anything cause if you dont do anything you are not really contributing much to the beta testing.

zkylon

zkylewd
i like cos i appreciated the news bombardment since i keeping up with league is a full time job and i miss a ton of stuff

Nzyme32

Valve was funded on August 24th 1996 so i hope as heck they'll have something to celebrate their 20th anniversary. I wonder if Valve will be out of touch again and not even have a special Steam sale just like when they did nothing for Steam's 10th anniversary.

Valve did nothing for the 10th anniversary and, for some reasons, you expect something for the 20th one? It makes sense.

I have the impression the less Valve does, the better is for all of them. There will be a day in which Valve will be totally automated, with human people only retiring their paychecks.

Valve doesn't seem to bother with this stuff. I don't know of anything they have actually done for a game anniversary, Steam or their own; although their is the exception of Steam's 13th year since announcement, which is more just to do with the timing of GDC I'd guess - https://steamdb.info/blog/source2-announcement/

Proof of Concord drop rates must be limited hourly. I got 1-2 every run of farming on the preferred spot but after 13 ears it just stopped dropping for more then 10 runs. Makes no sense.

Jawmuncher

Proof of Concord drop rates must be limited hourly. I got 1-2 every run of farming on the preferred spot but after 13 ears it just stopped dropping for more then 10 runs. Makes no sense.

You're gonna have to be more specific.
All I got is that maybe drops are slower the more you do back to back?

You're gonna have to be more specific.
All I got is that maybe drops are slower the more you do back to back?
I assume it is something like that. After getting a very consistent drop-rate until 13 drops, the rate didn't become just worse, it plain never dropped for more then 10 farming runs.

Jawmuncher

I assume it is something like that. After getting a very consistent drop-rate until 13 drops, the rate didn't become just worse, it plain never dropped for more then 10 farming runs.

One thing i have noticed is unlike in the past. Where if you had multiple games idling it would just slow down drops. Now multiple games means absolutely no drops, even when it's just say 2 games going on at the same time.

One thing i have noticed is unlike in the past. Where if you had multiple games idling it would just slow down drops. Now multiple games means absolutely no drops, even when it's just say 2 games going on at the same time.
Oh wait, I am talking about Dark Souls 3 item drops. Not Steam card ones, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom