• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backlogger

this is a steam gift. if you have any issues let me know and maybe I can just gift it to you directly via steam

EDIT: WHOOPS, THIS IS PORTAL 2!!!

Haven't done a giveaway in a while, I guess I am a little rusty :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Backlogger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Game Name -- MB-225FEAE7B0390DE0 - Taken by neonglow. 2 entrants total.

t1462433726z1.png

Quick question:
I have a laptop with these specs
CPU: Intel Core i5-4200U @1.60GHz
RAM: 8 GB
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4400

What kind of games can I play on that, and more specifically, is there any chance this thing will run the Neptunia games?

I have got a laptop with intel hd 3000 have been able to play most games with at least lowest settings when the requirements were met, yours being a bit better with DirectX 11.1, OpenCL 1.2 and OpenGL 4.0 support most games on steam will run on intel hd graphics 4400 .

Note that the games will run but dont expect playable framerates on heavy games like gta 5 or mgs 5.

Neptunia games should be playable at least looking at their requirements , they do specify have a dedicated gfx as a minimum though.

Lain

Spaera

Looks like some sort of super puzzle fighter 2 turbo to me. Supposed to have online multiplayer too.

Tower of Samsara

Pixel art platformer. It looks pretty nice.

One Night Stand
After a night out on the town and one too many drinks, you wake up with a hangover, some hazy memories and a total stranger lying naked beside you.

In One Night Stand, you’re thrust into a “morning after” scenario where your actions affect the outcome.
I have nothing to add other than the quoted.

DropCore
Dropcore is a unique blend of rts/rpg and top down shooter that provides unparalleled gameplay experience.
I have nothing unparalleled to say about this one either.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Im being stalked by a mod, every thread I go to there he is. I should file a complaint is what I should do.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm sleepy so my brain didnt processed everything like it should. Contact other mods and try to get that sorted out. That's not right and more if you haven't done anything really.

200w.gif

Tellaerin

I don't know why outlets even bother with a ten point scale when they only bother using 7-10. They might as well just go with three "scores": Good, Bad, or Mediocre. That's all anybody cares about anyway. (If you really want to get fancy, you can add "Great", for the games that are better than Good.) So four rankings, tops.

Lain

I don't know why outlets even bother with a ten point scale when they only bother using 7-10. They might as well just go with three "scores": Good, Bad, or Mediocre. That's all anybody cares about anyway. (If you really want to get fancy, you can add "Great", for the games that are better than Good.) So four rankings, tops.

I'd go with Worth it and Not Worth it.

Mikurden

That's why letter grades are the way to go: A, B, C, D, and then you get to have + and - for emphasis.

Rhaknar

why do I have screen tearing... on the steam client today? >_>

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks
Oh wow only 32 MB of video ram, I believe that limits me greatly

Unless you're running a PC from the late 90s, I'd say the tool is mistakenly using your integrated GPU rather than your discrete one.

MANUELF

Banned
Unless you're running a PC from the late 90s, I'd say the tool is mistakenly using your integrated GPU rather than your discrete one.
Well it told me that aside of my video card my CPU is not strong enough so I believe the point is moot

Arthea

after update the steam client freezes every time I go to the store... it recovers after some time and it never was brisk to begin with, but that's just too annoying.

Rikudo

Banned
Does Dark souls III on PC still have loads of hackers giving you weird stuff leading to a softban/getting you banned?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
after update the steam client freezes every time I go to the store... it recovers after some time and it never was brisk to begin with, but that's just too annoying.

Yeah, the beta client was occasionally locking up for me and the issue seems to have carried over to the latest stable update to a small degree.

Lain

the GAFfer is Tebius! He and his team are making Masquerada now - last 6hours left on the Kickstarter!

Just got done trying the demo to reach the final decision if I should back or not, and decided to back it. The gameplay is nice and the fact the game is supposed to come out in July makes it a short wait.

Tellaerin

Well, this sucks.

Stumbled my way through Blighttown (good riddance), killed Quelaag on the third try, entered the Demon Ruins, got my ass soundly kicked by something called "Ceaseless Discharge" (sounds more like a nasty STD than a demon), stumbled back through Blighttown until I managed to find my way out through the Anor Londo ruins, ran to the bonfire at Firelink Shrine to save...

And the fire's out, and the Firekeeper's dead.

Bleh.

There's also a giant... head... thing in the pool room now. o_O Very surreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom