• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilflare

The Persona 5 stream was quite an information overload. My mind is numb with happiness.
No word on a PC version though, as expected.

I'm glad Uncharted 4 and Blood&Wine will make the wait easier. I have a feeling nothing will touch this game for me once I play it.

I wonder if they would end up doing like a Persona 5 Ruby or something like that.

It was a Japanese stream though. And I dont expect a PC version of Persona 5 to happen at all for two reason:
1) On the japanese side, they dont know what Steam is.
2) On the american side... Well... Atlus PR guy's behaviour is pretty much telling on how PC push wont come from them.

The game is confirmed for E3 but yeah, not happening any time soon, at least it should give us a release date for the US.
I'm just happy that my prediction for a september release in Japan was right, any later than that and I'd be pissed.

KingKong

Overwatch is like TF2 if TF2 didnt have anything dynamic or interesting about it. So you can build turrets, but its not quite the same. You can sort of move around but youre not rocketjumping, there's a healer but its not the medic-heavy combo, theres nothing like the spy

the maps from what I played werent very good either, especially the payload one. It just doesnt feel as precise or even as chaotic as TF2 can, it's just kind of in the middle where everyone is running around using their skills and getting kills here and there

Somehow landed on this page while browsing for flight-sims.

zJmkKiO.png
BAaMTlh.png
g97cF1O.png
Must be a major pain to be completionist collector :eek:

Tizoc

Nintendo is counting so much on that Zelda game. Can you imagine the shitstorm that will ensue if it releases and bombs with reviewers? Will be something else lol.

Come on mate it's an LoZ game, it'll get good reviews either way.

As for Ninty E3, there'll be 3DS games on stage like DQ7, etc.

It was a Japanese stream though. And I dont expect a PC version of Persona 5 to happen at all for two reason:
2) On the american side... Well... Atlus PR guy's behaviour is pretty much telling on how PC push wont come from them.

Funnily enough CyberConnect2's new game is releasing on Steam/PC.

AHA-Lambda

I'm not a big Persona guy, never tried it and have little interest in doing so, but even I can see that not putting it on Steam is leaving money on the table, especially when it's only on PS4.

I wonder if they would end up doing like a Persona 5 Ruby or something like that.

This time there's no viable portable console to do a port and I doubt they'd add anything specifically to a PC version, if it happens it'll be a straight port, not something like Golden was for P4.
On the other hand, P3FES was on the PS2 as well so I guess an enhanced version of P5 could happen on the PS4. I kinda doubt it though.

That Uncharted Review thread. Jesus.

Haven't checked it in the last couple of hours because of P5 but it was pretty tame when I was reading it.

The game is confirmed for E3 but yeah, not happening any time soon, at least it should give us a release date for the US.
I'm just happy that my prediction for a september release in Japan was right, any later than that and I'd be pissed.

Then again, E3 would be the only place you could expect that. However, I wouldn't expect such announcement to ever happen. As I said, Japan side doesn't care and USA side seems to make fun of the people expecting it/hoping for it. So, it's not happening.

AHA-Lambda

That Uncharted Review thread. Jesus.

It's not that bad, last I checked? =/

Unless you mean the rampant fanboyism and people losing their minds over how the metacritic score goes up and down by one point, like their stock brokers

Wait... yeah it is pretty bad, just better than UC3 =/

Funnily enough CyberConnect2's new game is releasing on Steam/PC.

Nah, it's not funnily enough. It's just that CC2 is opening to West and see that Steam is a big platform there. Atlus Japan is cathering to Japan and Atlus USA not only follow their decision, but seems to looking down on the Steam market, if Atlus PR is any indication. Then again, Atlus is making good games but is out of the realities of the market. I mean, we're talking about a japanese publisher not releasing their games in Europe.

Tizoc

Nah, it's not funnily enough. It's just that CC2 is opening to West and see that Steam is a big platform there. Atlus Japan is cathering to Japan and Atlus USA not only follow their decision, but seems to looking down on the Steam market, if Atlus PR is any indication. Then again, Atlus is making good games but is out of the realities of the market. I mean, we're talking about a japanese publisher not releasing their games in Europe.

See now, not releasing their games properly in EU region is a bigger issue than Steam.

Lain

In any case, around 70minutes more to go and we are just 400 pounds away from the New Game+ stretch goal :3
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13978330/masquerada-songs-and-shadows

It features voice actors from Mass Effect, Walking Dead, Fire Emblem and... more (I think)
---

Is FFX/X-2 HD confirmed on Steam yet? There would be some friends who would be so pleased at the news

That NG+ is as well as reached with that much time left. Nice,

About FFX/X-2, not officially confirmed yet.

See now, not releasing their games properly in EU region is a bigger issue than Steam.

Well, if they released on Steam, they'd actually have a proper EU release :")
But yeah, for years they kept skipping Europe when it's a big region for Japanese games.

Parsnip

Does Dark souls III on PC still have loads of hackers giving you weird stuff leading to a softban/getting you banned?
It never had "loads of hackers".
Well, this sucks.

Stumbled my way through Blighttown (good riddance), killed Quelaag on the third try, entered the Demon Ruins, got my ass soundly kicked by something called "Ceaseless Discharge" (sounds more like a nasty STD than a demon), stumbled back through Blighttown until I managed to find my way out through the Anor Londo ruins, ran to the bonfire at Firelink Shrine to save...

And the fire's out, and the Firekeeper's dead.

Bleh.

There's also a giant... head... thing in the pool room now. o_O Very surreal.
Have fun in Sen's Fortress.
If anyone is ever going to push for Persona on PC, it has to come from Sega Europe.

Believe.

yuraya

Overwatch is like TF2 if TF2 didnt have anything dynamic or interesting about it. So you can build turrets, but its not quite the same. You can sort of move around but youre not rocketjumping, there's a healer but its not the medic-heavy combo, theres nothing like the spy

the maps from what I played werent very good either, especially the payload one. It just doesnt feel as precise or even as chaotic as TF2 can, it's just kind of in the middle where everyone is running around using their skills and getting kills here and there

Incredible what Valve was able to accomplish with TF2. A 2007 game with still over 50k players playing to date. And still to this very day has so much influence on others in the industry. I kinda wish Valve would make TF3. I wonder what it would be like.

I don't know. Its an open world game and there has been a lot of great open world games lately so the bar is set high. I'm sure it will be a great game but I wouldn't be surprised if some people are divisive on it.

It never had "loads of hackers".

Have fun in Sen's Fortress.

If anyone is ever going to push for Persona on PC, it has to come from Sega Europe.

Believe.

Yup... Not happening then. SEGA Europe push has been overestimated. People seen a shift with Valkyria Chronicles because it was a JRPG, and it sold amazingly well, but with Sonic Lost World release, it's obvious that they dont know what they're doing and choose releases randomly.
House of the Dead Overkill -> Valkyria Chronicles -> Sonic Lost World.
All of that in 3 years. It's pretty much telling what's the pattern here. One random console port per year.

Some people are strangely obsessed with metacritic. I remember a review thread where someone said he was mashing F5 for hours refreshing a game's metacritic page in fear that a random review would drop it's current score.
This is some sad stuff, I can see a developer who has a bonus riding on that score doing this but other than that... really sad.

Believe.

Well, yeah, if sega wasn't a factor this discussion wouldn't even exist, nobody expects Atlus to bother.

Nzyme32

Nintendo is going to have a huge stage on E3, right?
What are they going to show besides Zelda if there's no direct. :/

Just giveaway the booths to some indie devs or something.

The other thread is a bit of a mess - they haven't actually said there will be no Direct, it just isn't even mentioned. All that is mentioned thus far is converting their booth to show off Zelda on WiiU, which is also going to be on NX.

Also keep in mind, Nintendo do intend to have an event this year for all the NX related announcements, but that could also include how the WiiU might fit in that ecosystem / backward compatibility etc. So I'd wait and see. I'd suspect they will put down a proper date for that event around E3 or soon after

derExperte

Some people are strangely obsessed with metacritic. I remember a review thread where someone said he was mashing F5 for hours refreshing a game's metacritic page in fear that a random review would drop it's current score.
This is some sad stuff, I can see a developer who has a bonus riding on that score doing this but other than that... really sad.

You can safely assume that a number of GAFers are getting bonuses for good scores and word of mouth too.

Parsnip

Yup... Not happening then. SEGA Europe push has been overestimated. People seen a shift with Valkyria Chronicles because it was a JRPG, and it sold amazingly well, but with Sonic Lost World release, it's obvious that they dont know what they're doing and choose releases randomly.
House of the Dead Overkill -> Valkyria Chronicles -> Sonic Lost World.
All of that in 3 years. It's pretty much telling what's the pattern here. One random console port per year.

The Mega Drive/Genesis Classic thing with workshop support was also Sega Europe as far as I know, and that's pretty dope.
Now that Sega has finalized the Atlus acquisition and will actually publish all future Atlus games, I think we might see some interesting developments.

Just gotta believe.

rtcn63

I like Uncharted, but like all high-profile games, I'd wait for the dust to settle. The driving mechanic in particular seems like it'll take a few hits.

yuraya

There is nothing quite like playing a 90+ metacritic game. Its like eating a free lunch. Feels real good.

The Mega Drive/Genesis Classic thing with workshop support was also Sega Europe as far as I know, and that's pretty dope.
Now that Sega has finalized the Atlus acquisition and will actually publish all future Atlus games, I think we might see some interesting developments.

Just gotta believe.

That was just a neat bonus, but that's it :p
A small notable effort but that's all.

None, I will wait for the PC version. Unlike Ghost Trick I am a believer.

Hey, I was a believer until Sonic Lost World :")
But let's be honest, you followed the petition for SEGA games on Steam. SEGA PRs were pretty receptive. On the opposite Atlus PR has been pretty condescending/patronizing.
And despite people putting money where their mouth is with Valkyria Chronicles, selling over 200k without major sales and over 800k in the long run, nothing happened in nearly two years.

And it's even more obvious nothing is happening considering that smaller japanese companies shifted to Steam without much time after saying so. If a big company like SEGA didnt in nearly 2 years after VC, it's dead jim :")

AHA-Lambda

Yeah that.

Game of the forever and nothing will ever come close.

Yeah...

Said it before and I'll say it again; I like Uncharted (especially UC2) but this is a well worn formula now, in that genre generally not just that series. I expect an enjoyable and worthy send off but not much more.
Instead we have GQ magazine calling the greatest game of all time >_>

I think TLOU has made me bitter cos I just did not get the fuss behind that at all.

Nillansan

Hey, once I am retired I will actually have plenty of time for a JRPG.

Hey, I was a believer until Sonic Lost World :")
But let's be honest, you followed the petition for SEGA games on Steam. SEGA PRs were pretty receptive. On the opposite Atlus PR has been pretty condescending/patronizing.
And despite people putting money where their mouth is with Valkyria Chronicles, selling over 200k without major sales and over 800k in the long run, nothing happened in nearly two years.

If this was any other publisher we were talking about, I would be as sceptical as you, but this is Sega. We might win the lottery later this year. I am not sure what is up with Atlus, it's as if that stomach ache guy from the Steam Leaks thread was running the place.

Hey, once I am retired I will actually have plenty of time for a JRPG.

If this was any other publisher we were talking about, I would be as sceptical as you, but this is Sega. We might win the lottery later this year. I am not sure what is up with Atlus, it's as if that stomach ache guy from the Steam Leaks thread was running the place.

Nah, just that we dont have an infinite improbability drive :p

dave is ok

aztek is ok

I wanted to hate it, but it's really fun.

The closest thing to a Medic/Heavy combo is like Mercy with Reinhardt, but he's melee.

You can mine jump with Junkrat and Pharrah or whatever her name is basically the Soldier - but instead of rocket jumping she can just fly

None, I will wait for the PC version. Unlike Ghost Trick I am a believer.

There's believing and then there's reality :p
I'm not saying it won't ever come but the possibility at this point in time is quite slim. I hope it does come to PC, but they really have no interest to bring it over.

Hopefully that changes in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom