• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Project CARS' Tournament Seeks To Crown Fastest Virtual Car Racer In The World
Project CARS (PC) is one of the most realistic racing simulations available on any platform. On April 15, a series of eSports events using the game launched. The 2016 Logitech G Championship Series and NVIDIA NVDA +1.27% Challenger series have brought out the best of the best.
The field is massive. There are over 200 teams with more than 10,000 players. The prize is solid, but fairly modest when compared to the loot eSports teams earn for playing games like Defense of the Ancients. Evil Geniuses took home more than $6 million for winning The International in 2015.

The top drivers in these events will split $23,000 in cash.

There’s no age limit, skill requirement or geographical restriction for those who want to enter. The only stipulations for the virtual drivers are as followed:

Use Project CARS driving simulator to compete
Use of their own equipment, such as virtual reality headsets and steering wheels.

impact

Banned
Maybe we will do a Steam GAF play through of Persona 4 on PCSX2 when Persona 5 releases.

WgqGttm.gif

Nillansan

I never understand why more people being able to play the game is a bad thing. My FAVORITE sony/ms/nintendo game is now on PC. my life is ruined now that more people can play it.

Me neither. Reading people having physical reactions to Danganronpa making it to Steam was some straight up otherworldly shit.

Some animated Marvel movies. Not available in Europe.

Just like always. Sigh.

Do you guys have any opinions on Star Wars The Force Unleashed for PC? I played it on PS3 when it came out and would like to revisit and play the DLC in 60fps.

Tizoc

Do you guys have any opinions on Star Wars The Force Unleashed for PC? I played it on PS3 when it came out and would like to revisit and play the DLC in 60fps.

IIRC the game is locked 30 FPS, while you can unlock the FPS it can causes bugs or glitches.
Other than that it is a very big download, apparently has uncompressed data.
Otherwise it'd be as good as you remember it :p

Jawmuncher

The same reason people are like "This game I was very interested in is not coming to my preferred platform of choice? That game is now utter trash and anyone who enjoys it can go jump up their own butt."

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Never got that one either. Just because you don't have the means to play it doesn't make a game bad. Guess it's a defense mechanism.

That was especially huge with bayonetta 2

WeaselJCD

Neo Member
*bump*

To promote our new Steam group we will be doing a DS3-Season Pass giveaway:

ModBot said:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WeaselJCD, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dark Souls 3: Season Pass -- MB-8121AF628F9B54D3 - Taken by Vuze. 53 entrants total.

t1462546828z1.png

If you don't win, don't be sad, we are also giving away 3 Season Passes In our group for members if you comment here and become a member:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Digital-forest/discussions/0/364040797996272530/

Good luck everyone!

Also, to whoever wins, plz leave some rep at our official account:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/digital-forest

IIRC the game is locked 30 FPS, while you can unlock the FPS it can causes bugs or glitches.
Other than that it is a very big download, apparently has uncompressed data.
Otherwise it'd be as good as you remember it :p

Ah 30 fps lock sucks but well its cheap right now and I always wanted to play the DLC. Thanks.

Overwatch is p good. I'm not sure if I'm ready to say v good at this stage.

Apologies for forgetting the poster, but someone here mentioned that the game is lacking some of the nuanced dynamics of the inter-class relationship in TF2, and I can see that. In Overwatch, it didn't really matter what kind of healer was topping me off, as long as I was getting the heal.

The monk with the buff/debuff orbs is really fun to play, though. I love support classes that can hold their own if you aren't trash at aiming.

I'm guessing the game will be standard Blizzard and not come to Steam? Just their launcher?

Yeah, sadly Atlus is prehistoric with their non-existent PC support. On the other hand, sooner or later they will port their admittedly quality catalog of games and I have patience. Never played a Persona game, so once I get around trying this fabled emulation, I'll have plenty of hours to sink into P3/P3 etc. until P5 comes.

All SMT games released on the PS2 work great on PCSX2, check them out.

Teggy

So I have almost beaten the 2-1 Demon's Souls boss, I probably need one more attempt but I needed to get back to work.

It would appear to be Zkylon's worst nightmare.

zkylon

zkylewd
september huh, thats a good couple of months to save for a ps4 i guess

So I have almost beaten the 2-1 Demon's Souls boss, I probably need one more attempt but I needed to get back to work.

It would appear to be Zkylon's worst nightmare.
nah, demons' spider is silly

dark souls 2 was a nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom