• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have almost beaten the 2-1 Demon's Souls boss, I probably need one more attempt but I needed to get back to work.

It would appear to be Zkylon's worst nightmare.

He already played that game, and that's the only spider in the game. It also is barely recognizable as a spider, completely stationary.

DS2 though had some real-ass spiders

zkylon

zkylewd
yuka-tan is alright but mitsuru and akihiko are the real deal

But it's huge! And has giant teeth gnar gnar and spits webs
and fireballs.
yeah, it does nothing for me haha

size isn't actually that relevant for me (it is important, but it's not the only factor)

mp1990

Banned
yuka-tan is alright but mitsuru and akihiko are the real deal

yeah, it does nothing for me haha

size isn't actually that relevant for me (it is important, but it's not the only factor)
you just set off one of my flags

taking a bus to argentina right now just so I can hug you

Corpekata

Banned
How does that game even have that title? Surely Google's about to nuke that into the ground.

Also the developer is called U-play Online. These guys are really bad with picking names.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh hotline miami 2 is finally 75%? might grab it after I see if it is or isnt in the humble monthly. They announce the games tomorow right?

edit: Overwatch open beta? Fine ill download it Blizzard jeez

Nzyme32

FFXV and Persona 5 to be there. BELIEVE
lol, just kidding. Expect more rehashed trailers from western games.

Yeah. Expect nothing interesting. Maybe 1 "announcement" of interest and lots of fluff. That won't stop my dumb arse from watching it though

Annubis

Yeah. Expect nothing interesting. Maybe 1 "announcement" of interest and lots of fluff. That won't stop my dumb arse from watching it though

I'm OK with only one thing if it's any of the following:
- Persona 5
- Star Ocean 5
- Yakuza Zero

EDIT: - Resonance of Fate

Ban Puncher

...why...?

S3z9EAv.gif

- Persona 5
- Star Ocean 5
- Yakuza Zero

Only one of these is far beyond the reach of this event. Which is funny because one of them might just be stealth released or announced with a simple press release. Lol.

zkylon

zkylewd
you just set off one of my flags

taking a bus to argentina right now just so I can hug you
i'm a known lover of hugs so sure, i'll be waiting

wasn't super bad last year, but i'm not desperate to watch it again either

- Persona 5
- Star Ocean 5
- Yakuza Zero

EDIT: - Resonance of Fate
lol don't get ur hopes up

Adnor

Banned
I wonder if Yathzee gave them permission to use the PC Master Race guy they have as a sticker in one of the screenshots.

(Actually I'm sure they didn't even ask)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
why do I have zero interest in playing this Overwatch beta :(

this isnt a shitpost, its actual wondermeant. I wanted to play it bad some months ago, this is totally my problem.

zkylon

zkylewd
why do I have zero interest in playing this Overwatch beta :(

this isnt a shitpost, its actual wondermeant. I wanted to play it bad some months ago, this is totally my problem.

cos you're a big dumbo

go watch the overwatch shorts with the awesome animation and the tracer fanservice and you'll be ready to go, love

It's because you don't want to get your ass beat online

I've been playing quite a bit and I think that Overwatch must be one of the best multiplayer shooters in the market on that regard. It's amazing how someone who usually does pretty bad on online shooters can be useful, even get MVP and stuff like that.

zkylon

zkylewd
I've been playing quite a bit and I think that Overwatch must be one of the best multiplayer shooters in the market on that regard. It's amazing how someone who usually does pretty bad on online shooters can be useful, even get MVP and stuff like that.

how come u didn't add me u dumbo

i want for once to ult as zarya and have someone take advantage of it

i need teammates

Pupo

Hey that's me (?)
I was the MVP on my first match haha

Jawmuncher

Being Badass > Being Useful

I played a whole game as Mira buffing my team and felt empty even though we won.

rtcn63

The biggest caveat for me is that ROTR has absolutely no challenge. The designers went out of their way to hand you an easy time. The graphics are great, the areas are bigger, but there was just no care when it came to difficulty. For example,
the hyped up enemies you encounter late-game are actually significantly less trouble than the ones that came before. Even though the early enemies are shown to get absolutely wrecked by the new ones, the game makes a damned point of it.
Ammo, crafting materials, and environmental hazards are placed overly generous. There's one part where you're doing a pseudo-stealth section, and the camera pans to a group of enemies standing directly next to explosive barrels. In the exact position where it would take one shot at the barrel to take everyone out. And still there were helpful items littering the floor.

With the first TR, there was a real sense of progression when it came to upgrades and unlocks, even having a Zelda-like quality. The things you found had substance, so you looked forward to going back to old areas and picking stuff up. Somewhat.

ROTR is better played as an Uncharted game. Ignore the side quests and most of the exploration, and just breeze through. Even then you're unlikely to have a hard time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom