• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nillansan

31p9TyV.png

I am not in a rush.

Jawmuncher

There's believing and then there's reality :p
I'm not saying it won't ever come but the possibility at this point in time is quite slim. I hope it does come to PC, but they really have no interest to bring it over.

Hopefully that changes in the future.

We got Dragons Dogma 3-4 years after the fact. If you've never played the other games you might as well keep waiting. Only ones who need to get a PS4 or PS3 to play Persona 5 are those who have played the other games or already have systems. If all you do is game on PC i'd just wait as well. No reason to get a system for one game that you'll probably play once and never again. Especially if you really have no interest in anything else that might come to the system.

AHA-Lambda

We got Dragons Dogma 3-4 years after the fact. If you've never played the other games you might as well keep waiting. Only ones who need to get a PS4 or PS3 to play Persona 5 are those who have played the other games or already have systems. If all you do is game on PC i'd just wait as well. No reason to get a system for one game that you'll probably play once and never again. Especially if you really have no interest in anything else that might come to the system.

This, don't make the mistake I did with Bloodborne >_<

The difficulty scaling in Dark Souls is kinda weird. I was totally wrecked in the DLC content and Duke's Archive's bosses before, but I've just beaten all 3 bosses in the Demon Ruins in one try. I don't think I 'got gud' either because I actually died to the non-boss demons outside several times. Oh, and thank god to the lava eyesore fix mod.

The difficulty scaling in Dark Souls is kinda weird. I was totally wrecked in the DLC content and Duke's Archive's bosses before, but I've just beaten all 3 bosses in the Demon Ruins in one try. I don't think I 'got gud' either because I actually died to the non-boss demons outside several times. Oh, and thank god to the lava eyesore fix mod.

Eh. It's not so much scaling. Some bosses are really easy compared to others. Some builds make some bosses easier as well.

mp1990

Banned

I agree in Persona 5's case, but for Ghost Trick, I'd say that, providing that you can find a cheap DS (which shouldn't be all that tough nowadays), it's worth grabbing a system for it, since there's more than just a few games available in the platform that validates the buy. Though, with the VN's renascence that is currently happening in PCs, I wouldn't be surprised to be DS's biggest visual novels and adventures coming to Steam. I myself am waiting for a Hotel Dusk port for Steam.

WeaselJCD

Neo Member
To promote our new Steam group we will be doing a DS3-Season Pass giveaway:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WeaselJCD, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dark Souls 3: Season Pass -- MB-8121AF628F9B54D3 - Taken by Vuze. 53 entrants total.

t1462546828z1.png

If you don't win, don't be sad, we are also giving away 3 Season Passes In our group for members if you comment here and become a member:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Digital-forest/discussions/0/364040797996272530/

Good luck everyone!

Also, to whoever wins, plz leave some rep at our official account:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/digital-forest

I agree in Persona 5's case, but for Ghost Trick, I'd say that, providing that you can find a cheap DS (which shouldn't be all that tough nowadays), it's worth grabbing a system for it, since there's more than just a few games available in the platform that validates the buy. Though, with the VN's renascence that is currently happening in PCs, I wouldn't be surprised to be DS's biggest visual novels and adventures coming to Steam. I myself am waiting for a Hotel Dusk port for Steam.

It's not that I disagree with your post but I think he meant me when he said Ghost Trick :p

Jawmuncher

He was talking about the user ghost trick lol. But I agree if it's an older system and relatively cheap then maybe.

Phinor

Forza Motorsport 6 Apex Beta is now available at your local Windows 10 Store. Or might be available, knowing how well that store handles things. This one will be interesting once again. We've had so many issues with recent Windows Store games and this beta is the first step towards future Forza titles being on PC. If this fails as bad as Gears of War and Quantum Break did, I wonder how much longer MS is going to keep trying this time around.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Forza Motorsport 6 Apex Beta is now available at your local Windows 10 Store. Or might be available, knowing how well that store handles things. This one will be interesting once again. We've had so many issues with recent Windows Store games and this beta is the first step towards future Forza titles being on PC. If this fails as bad as Gears of War and Quantum Break did, I wonder how much longer MS is going to keep trying this time around.

Hoping it runs well, been excited to try it

That Uncharted Review thread. Jesus.

It hasn't even come close to being as entertaining as the UC3 review thread was.

I declare UC4 a failure.

I'm not a big Persona guy, never tried it and have little interest in doing so, but even I can see that not putting it on Steam is leaving money on the table, especially when it's only on PS4.

While you're probably right, I really don't know how some folks still hold out hope for P5 coming to PC. They've said in no uncertain terms that they have zero interest in doing so. I get that we've gotten a lot of late ports and JRPGs out of nothing, but Atlus goes out of their way to say it won't happen. And Sega seemingly has no control over them at all, not to mention a fucked up PC strategy of their own when it comes to releasing their back catalog.

It's kind of painful to see folks still hoping and pleading that P5 come to Steam.

Anyway I was poking around in the Steam stats and it seems like The Division fell off a cliff in terms of player numbers. It peaked at 113k and is now down to13k players. I reckon many were folks like me who finished off the campaign and had their fill of the game, but I'd really like to know how much of that drop can be attributed to how broken the game ended up being.

Imagine getting lucky enough to break records with a new IP launch and then stumbling and falling because of some really stupid design decisions. How must the dev team feel right now.

Tizoc

It hasn't even come close to being as entertaining as the UC3 review thread was.

I declare UC4 a failure.

While you're probably right, I really don't know how some folks still hold out hope for P5 coming to PC. They've said in no uncertain terms that they have zero interest in doing so. I get that we've gotten a lot of late ports and JRPGs out of nothing, but Atlus goes out of their way to say it won't happen. And Sega seemingly has no control over them at all, not to mention a fucked up PC strategy of their own when it comes to releasing their back catalog.

It's kind of painful to see folks still hoping and pleading that P5 comes to Steam.

We don't need your sympathies :V
Besides there's lots of great games out already on Steam this year, P5 is more of a nice bonus were it to ever happen.
But you know we all want it on there for the meltdowns~

I really wish Steam let you see who has your game on Wishlist. Coding it shouldn't be that hard, I'd imagine. JShackles, get on it. Make me a shiny bauble.

We don't need your sympathies :V
Besides there's lots of great games out already on Steam this year, P5 is more of a nice bonus were it to ever happen.
But you know we all want it on there for the meltdowns~

I'm not trying to be condescending here. Don't read it that way. It's just matter of fact acceptance that this is not going to happen.

I actually want Persona 5 to have a PC version more for the meltdowns from the crazed Persona fans than to actually play it myself.

Saty

Marcin Iwinski sees a bright future for CD Projekt's GOG Galaxy, even in a world where Steam and UWP exist

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...orks-thats-not-the-microsoft-of-ten-years-ago
If Iwinski's demeanour is any indication, the launch of GOG Galaxy certainly worked, and the breadth of its features will allow CD Projekt to add games to the platform that were previously off-limits. "Certain functionality for games was impossible to provide, both for publishers and for users," he says. "We weren't able to launch certain games. There's a whole tech dependency, so to speak, and we had to catch up on that. Before, GOG.com was pretty much just a web page. We're pushing that tech threshhold more and more, and we're almost there."

For some publishers, CD Projekt's distaste for DRM remains "a dealbreaker" in partnering with the GOG platform. Iwinski has seen that resistance weaken over time - "it used a dealbreaker for everything, and now it's okay for the back catalogue"
"Don't think of us as an app store, where there's everything." he says. "We're pre-selecting games, and if we miss something we listen to the community and they can use our wishlist.

"So let's cut Microsoft some slack, and see if they will follow up in terms of what they are preaching about openness. In my opinion, it's the only way to go for them, and the announcement about cross-play? Fuckin' yeah. Cross-play with other networks? That's not the Microsoft of ten years ago. No way.

"And Sony is very fast coming back and saying, 'Yes, yes, with us it's okay.' And that's great. It's not the battle of who can make a better ghetto any more, but who is better for the gamer. That's what we're after. It's about opening up and competing on who has the better offer."

Jawmuncher

I never understand why more people being able to play the game is a bad thing. My FAVORITE sony/ms/nintendo game is now on PC. my life is ruined now that more people can play it.

Uzzy

I never understand why more people being able to play the game is a bad thing. My FAVORITE sony/ms/nintendo game is now on PC. my life is ruined now that more people can play it.

Because those people have absurd attachments to the money men and megacorps who fund games, and don't really care about the artists who actually create the art in question.

fallout

It's not that bad, last I checked? =/

Unless you mean the rampant fanboyism and people losing their minds over how the metacritic score goes up and down by one point, like their stock brokers

Wait... yeah it is pretty bad, just better than UC3 =/
I don't mind the hype if it's good-natured fun, but I hate the idea that if someone doesn't score it "high enough", they're practically guaranteed to get tarred an feathered.

Ban Puncher

The same reason people are like "This game I was very interested in is not coming to my preferred platform of choice? That game is now utter trash and anyone who enjoys it can go jump up their own butt."

¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Khilandros

I keep buying anime/jrpg games on steam. Never got the chance to play them on console and the prices are usually decent enough for a day one purchase for me.

Neospartan

Neo Member

I would say those that say things like that do it because they think the industry revolves around them and that the devs are there to please them and ONLY them.

Yeah, sadly Atlus is prehistoric with their non-existent PC support. On the other hand, sooner or later they will port their admittedly quality catalog of games and I have patience. Never played a Persona game, so once I get around trying this fabled emulation, I'll have plenty of hours to sink into P3/P3 etc. until P5 comes.

Grief.exe

Yeah, sadly Atlus is prehistoric with their non-existent PC support. On the other hand, sooner or later they will port their admittedly quality catalog of games and I have patience. Never played a Persona game, so once I get around trying this fabled emulation, I'll have plenty of hours to sink into P3/P3 etc. until P5 comes.

Maybe we will do a Steam GAF play through of Persona 4 on PCSX2 when Persona 5 releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom