• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeaselJCD

Neo Member
For visibility!

To promote our new Steam group we will be doing a DS3-Season Pass giveaway:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WeaselJCD, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dark Souls 3: Season Pass -- MB-8121AF628F9B54D3 - Taken by Vuze. 53 entrants total.

t1462546828z1.png

If you don't win, don't be sad, we are also giving away 3 Season Passes In our group for members if you comment here and become a member:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Digital-forest/discussions/0/364040797996272530/

Good luck everyone!

Also, to whoever wins, plz leave some rep at our official account:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/digital-forest

Being Badass > Being Useful

I played a whole game as Mira buffing my team and felt empty even though we won.

Well, I'm not a support player, so I don't know much about that. Though you don't need to play support in order to be useful, you can pick a badass character, feel amazing and help your team too.

Since we're talking Overwatch, can someone explain D.Va's role to me. Is she supposed to kamikaze charge enemies? Because her normal damage is kind of shit.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Being Badass > Being Useful

I played a whole game as Mira buffing my team and felt empty even though we won.

all I want to play is the support class (classes?), that sounds like bad news for me then

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I play Mercy as support when the team needs to be balanced and it works out well reviving, buffing, and flying around shooting down turrets. Tracer is my girl when I can be her though.

Jawmuncher

all I want to play is the support class (classes?), that sounds like bad news for me then

The support classes to me got the least love in the game despite being needed. They're not very fun to play as to me. The fact that there's only 4 of them when all the other classes have 5 or 6 says a lot to me.

Pupo

The support classes to me got the least love in the game despite being needed. They're not very fun to play as to me. The fact that there's only 4 of them when all the other classes have 5 or 6 says a lot to me.

But support never was fun to play I guess.

Tizoc

Whoa, I need to play Quantum Break!

Well it is a cover shooty bang :V I keep hearing the time powers offer some interesting variety to the combat but i personally prefered Wolf 2009's time stopping power usage more :p

same, also the uc4 review thread has really put Rise of the Tomb Raider on my radar

What didn't put it on your radar before?
Rise of Toom Braider's best thing is the bow and arrow, everything else is eh, even the optional tombs felt more like diversions than anything worth putting time in.
Hell right now the one thing that makes RoTR better than UC4 is the bow and arrow, it was fun fling arros at people's faces~

kagamin

DPS is best, unless I can play a boss killer build, support is fun though sometimes.
I doubt anyone knows what I'm talking about.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Overwatch isn't exactly grabbing me. Not enough focus on gunplay for me, it's very much ability spam all over the place. Plus the environments are kinda plain-Jane in terms of navigability. I had much more fun with Dirty Bomb -too bad it's full of griefers and hackers. I kinda like that Overwatch is a full priced game and that Blizzard is looking out after it, I assume it'll keep the lame-o cheaters limited.

Jawmuncher

Overwatch isn't exactly grabbing me. Not enough focus on gunplay for me, it's very much ability spam all over the place. Plus the environments are kinda plain-Jane in terms of navigability. I had much more fun with Dirty Bomb -too bad it's full of griefers and hackers. I kinda like that Overwatch is a full priced game and that Blizzard is looking out after it, I assume it'll keep the lame-o cheaters limited.

I'm interested in the future of the game. Thought it was decent but i'm not a big enough MP guy anyway to jump on it after playing it. But if they keep the player base together and continue to add maps, other heroes, and more game types. I think it could be amazing (Or for people here more so than it already is).

I really just hope that they stick with the making people pay for loot boxes, skins, etc than to make people pay for maps and game types. I know they already said future heroes would be free.

Everyone is talking about Overwatch.

While here I am, lost interest the moment they announced that it's first person game.

Anyway, CSGO is back to claim its throne as the Steam top seller. Poor Battleborn.

zkylon

zkylewd
Need your battletag for that :)

Mine is KurtRussell#1820
will add u tonight

i'm zky#1 ofc

Since we're talking Overwatch, can someone explain D.Va's role to me. Is she supposed to kamikaze charge enemies? Because her normal damage is kind of shit.
she's a more offensive tank, you're meant to break turtling using your ult, you can just dash in their direction, ult and get a ton of dmg done and instantly regain your mech. while you're ultless i generally just try and shield for my team or rush snipers

her normal dmg isn't great but she's fairly good at charging snipers and stuff

Nzyme32

The UC4 review thread is amazing.

The same people that decry review aggregates via metacritic and the traditional gaming press, switch the moment fanboyism and emotional ties to their platform exclusive demand it, praising the metacritic scores and the traditional press reviews. And then they go all feral over the critical well reasoned review, that is still very positive - and most haven't even played the game to be able to judge it correctly in the first place.

I hate "gamers" that are so beholden to that stuff, but I love the entertainment that comes from it...

Shahadan

The UC4 review thread is amazing.

The same people that decry review aggregates via metacritic and the traditional gaming press, switch the moment fanboyism and emotional ties to their platform exclusive demand it, praising the metacritic scores and the traditional press reviews. And then they go all feral over the critical well reasoned review, that is still very positive - and most haven't even played the game to be able to judge it correctly in the first place.

I hate "gamers" that are so beholden to that stuff, but I love the entertainment that comes from it...

And many of them will have a negative opinion of the game as well after having played it, often for a minor dumb reason no one else even care about.

And then RANKING WARS, the most pointless activity ever

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
great, another game where im running around healing people with the entire enemy team focusing me and nobody protecting me. yup this sure is a barrel of fun alright >_>

Jawmuncher

great, another game where im running around healing people with the entire enemy team focusing me and nobody protecting me. yup this sure is a barrel of gun alright >_>

Yeah that was the issue I was having when supporting. Would bust my ass and was just taken for granted.

zkylon

zkylewd
If they balance everything out, then Overwatch is easily going to be GOTY imo.
i think mei is kind of broken on the hands of good players and i think reinhart is pretty op too, but overall it feels fairly balanced

i think my bigger issue is the objective stuff and some of the level design signaling like i mentioned before

great, another game where im running around healing people with the entire enemy team focusing me and nobody protecting me. yup this sure is a barrel of fun alright >_>

you're supposed to be jumping around, not running, dumbo

ppl complaining about teammates like 3 days into a beta are being a bit silly

no one knows how to play this game yet

Battlefield Reveal thread is currently saying it might be a Alternate WW1

that looks cool, and scary, and surprising

gj dice

r3n4ud

Pretty much why I don't play online games.

People have no clue what teamwork is.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If they balance everything out, then Overwatch is easily going to be GOTY imo.

For me, as much as I'm looking forward to Unch4rted, it'll probably be a toss-up between Styx 2 and Dishonored 2. I haven't yet decided on my first D2 playthrough: either high chaos as Emily or another ghost/no-kill run as Corvo. I suspect, like the original, more attention will be paid to making the game a creative action experience and the stealth component will fall to the wayside a bit, in which case the former run would be giving it a fairer shake... but I'm a sucker for stealth, so odds are that I'll save my Emily playthrough for later, when the final piece of DLC is around the corner.

Jawmuncher

i think mei is kind of broken on the hands of good players and i think reinhart is pretty op too, but overall it feels fairly balanced

i think my bigger issue is the objective stuff and some of the level design signaling like i mentioned before

It's not a very complex game. You can get the hang of how to play after a match or two.
You pick who you want and depending on the flow of battle switch to a character you feel is better suited to the current climate.
People not caring about support has been a thing since forever. Can't think of too many games where support isn't screwed over in some way.

Hektor

Yeah, that's kinda the issue that ive too with the healing class. Due to your support power beeing so strong, you're not able to safe yourselfe if the enemy is out to get you, that sometimes is very frustrating.

Rhaknar

that looks cool, and scary, and surprising

gj dice

dude im talking about videogame fundamentals, it has nothing to do with OVerwatch. If your healer is being targeted, maybe kill the person killing your healer.

xist

Am i correct in thinking that random people with who you have little in common, and with whom you have never had any interactions, who send you a friend request is a bad thing?

drakaenae

ModBot said:
Instructions for drakaenae:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 17 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (drakaenae, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Heaven Island Life -- MB-89399CB9E064343C - Taken by bloke
Dark Shadows Army of Evil -- MB-F8139DF48AF6DFFE - Taken by Kagemusha
Guardians of Victoria -- MB-351901917D5A3679 - Taken by Purkake4
Deadbreed Yellow Package -- MB-52E31A9A1DD8925D - Taken by schroddycat
Defend Your Life -- MB-33CEE592761F81B9 - Taken by fifasnipe2224
Chip -- MB-E35270D0DAF6455F - Taken by gaiadyne
Grave Prosperity Redux part 1 -- MB-B2A661C8DDA7C9F0 - Taken by Abomination
Grave Prosperity Redux part 1 #2 -- MB-A95CF9B4F283FB79 - Taken by krczt23
Dark Shadows Army of Evil #2 -- MB-86FA8A6A40AB2F33 - Taken by voodooray
Ruzh Delta Z -- MB-36B9D5723DF11D7C - Taken by neonglow
Spheroid -- MB-DAFC493A39EFD649 - Taken by texhnolyze
Temper Tantrum -- MB-5623957890C4337C - Taken by Kagemusha
A grande bagunca espacial The big space mess -- MB-31D6540035A49CFE - Taken by Kuroyume
OutDrive -- MB-3BF10FAC3670E6F7 - Taken by data
MiniDrivers -- MB-4717FF3D67559D9A - Taken by Saty
Galactic Hitman -- MB-95E8D2E305F32BE1 - Taken by Ozium
Ace of words -- MB-AA6BDF81A7F97552 - Taken by Abomination

Am i correct in thinking that random people with who you have little in common, and with whom you have never had any interactions, who send you a friend request is a bad thing?

Can I see your earbuds from TF2? I will give them back. Just visit:

straemcommrunity.ru/id/

Yeah. I dont add those people I dont have a clue who they are and have a private account.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's not a very complex game. You can get the hang of how to play after a match or two.
You pick who you want and depending on the flow of battle switch to a character you feel is better suited to the current climate.
People not caring about support has been a thing since forever. Can't think of too many games where support isn't screwed over in some way.
two things:
- i don't agree with the game not being very complex. there's a lot of room for champion combinations, counters and bigger strategies that people haven't figured out yet. first day i played it i thought genji was super op, then saw mei wipe the floor with him and figured ok so that's how this game works. i thought turtling was op then got better at the d.va nuke shute thing. it's not that simple
- ppl not wanting to play support is a common thing but i almost always see people cover all the requirements suggested by the game. it doesn't always make the greatest compositions since ppl play symmetra when we could better use lucio or whatever but it's pretty decent

Yeah, that's kinda the issue that ive too with the healing class. Due to your support power beeing so strong, you're not able to safe yourselfe if the enemy is out to get you, that sometimes is very frustrating.
yeah it's kind of how those classes work, they're very team reliant cos they're very team oriented in general

dude im talking about videogame fundamentals, it has nothing to do with OVerwatch. If your healer is being targeted, maybe kill the person killing your healer.
it's not easy to catch that tracer or genji murdering your healers

if u play one day and you're already blaming your teammates then maybe mp is not for u :T

Jawmuncher

two things:
- i don't agree with the game not being very complex. there's a lot of room for champion combinations, counters and bigger strategies that people haven't figured out yet. first day i played it i thought genji was super op, then saw mei wipe the floor with him and figured ok so that's how this game works. i thought turtling was op then got better at the d.va nuke shute thing. it's not that simple
- ppl not wanting to play support is a common thing but i almost always see people cover all the requirements suggested by the game. it doesn't always make the greatest compositions since ppl play symmetra when we could better use lucio or whatever but it's pretty decent

yeah it's kind of how those classes work, they're very team reliant cos they're very team oriented in general

I was saying in a general sense that people know how to play the game.
As for the rest might be a case of PC over Consoles. On PS4 people played who they wanted. There was always a lot of stuff more than once needing to be filled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom