• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can Diablo 3 still not be played offline? I was gonna get it a while ago but bought it for PS4 for $15 instead because of the online thing.

Also what's really worth the extra $20 in the $60 copy of Overwatch?

Hektor

tfw you're featured as best play of the game and it's a video in which you totally fucked up and somehow got lucky.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Am i correct in thinking that random people with who you have little in common, and with whom you have never had any interactions, who send you a friend request is a bad thing?

Generally they're just after something in your inventory or, if you have upwards of hundreds of games, a freebie, but sometimes there's a reason that's more substantial than begging. I once accepted a random friend request from a bloke I was completely unfamiliar with; he was just a poor soul having trouble with Black Flag who had somehow managed to stumble upon GAF in the process of looking for help and sent me a request since I'd been rather vocal about how much time I'd sunk into the game thanks to my troubles with Uplay deleting saves.

I'm very particular about which requests I accept these days since moving up five levels now requires six or so maxed-out badges (i.e. several dollars). Unless you're a GAFer or Whirlpoolian, odds are that I'll ignore you.

Jawmuncher

Can Diablo 3 still not be played offline? I was gonna get it a while ago but bought it for PS4 for $15 instead because of the online thing.

Yep only the console version Diablo can be played offline.
Unless you're heavy into Blizzard games on PC the extra 20 worth of content is pretty shit for overwatch. Only potential is MAYBE you could sell it all off and make a little profit.

tfw you're featured as best play of the game and it's a video in which you totally fucked up and somehow got lucky.

Same thing happened to me. I got a triple kill with Junkrat's Special and killed myself in the process.
Got play of the game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
of course the opposite is also true, when youre healing your ass off and people understand, actually run to you for heals, cover your ass when youre being chased, feelsgoodman.jpg

Mercy is my jam right now but thats mostly because she feels like the TF2 medic

Yep only the console version Diablo can be played offline.
Unless you're heavy into Blizzard games on PC the extra 20 worth of content is pretty shit for overwatch. Only potential is MAYBE you could sell it all off and make a little profit.

Same thing happened to me. I got a triple kill with Junkrat's Special and killed myself in the process.
Got play of the game.

that's assuming the $60 version has separate keys for the game and the extras...don't they usually just do 1 key?

of course the opposite is also true, when youre healing your ass off and people understand, actually run to you for heals, cover your ass when youre being chased, feelsgoodman.jpg

Yeah, it does.

I mentioned earlier how much I liked playing Zenyatta because it gave me the feelsgoodman of a support character, while having this laser-accurate, high-damage single shot for a regular attack that keeps him viable at holding his own. You won't be pushing, but you shouldn't be. Your buff makes your tanks really tanky. Get a little bit of a height advantage and you're golden.

I can't play slow characters. I die every time.

Jawmuncher

that's assuming the $60 version has separate keys for the game and the extras...don't they usually just do 1 key?

For the consoles they seemed to be separate if the Collectors unboxing was anything to go by. But yeah the PC probably is all just one code if bought through blizzard.

No. Blizzard still don't trust PC gamers they won't make an offline game ever again.

zkylon

zkylewd
I was saying in a general sense that people know how to play the game.
As for the rest might be a case of PC over Consoles. On PS4 people played who they wanted. There was always a lot of stuff more than once needing to be filled.
oh i see

on pc i've seen people try and fill all the suggestions, tho there's not much change over the course of the game, and there's almost always too many snipers

basically i pick tracer almost every game and ppl accommodate haha

potg is like 30% reaper ult, 30% yasuo ult (forget his name, i just call him yasuo cos he looks like yasuo from league) and 30% bastion hiding in a corner

remaining 10% are actual good plays like good hog hooks or mei ults and stuff

also 100% of the times it's your play that should've been there haha

Soulflarz

Banned
reaper ult is such a camera stealer

about to get killed? pop that ultimate, laugh as all 3 guys on you and a fourth walking in are killed or critically hurt.

xist

I'm very particular about which requests I accept these days since moving up five levels now requires six or so maxed-out badges (i.e. several dollars). Unless you're a GAFer or Whirlpoolian, odds are that I'll ignore you.

It's this guy
*deleted profile*

The fact that he has two pairs of sunglasses on his head in his profile image bothers me...ignored him now.

(I've deleted his profile link because I didn't really feel too comfortable leaving it here, as unlikely as it is he may just be a genuinely friendly guy)

Hektor

potg is like 30% reaper ult, 30% yasuo ult (forget his name, i just call him yasuo cos he looks like yasuo from league) and 30% bastion hiding in a corner

remaining 10% are actual good plays like good hog hooks or mei ults and stuff

also 100% of the times it's your play that should've been there haha

Got one as Widow and one has Rheinhardt today. The latter was a triple kill suicide with his puhs over a cliff. Totally intendet ofc.

The game should allow you to export those as vid or as gif, since there even is a menu for them and all

zkylon

zkylewd
reaper ult is such a camera stealer

about to get killed? pop that ultimate, laugh as all 3 guys on you and a fourth walking in are killed or critically hurt.
yeah, he's weird

i like his autoattacks (i have to translate everything to league terms, big sorry) and i think his phase shift thing is pretty cool as well as his teleport, but his ult is super lame

like you get a bunch of kills but you don't really do anything

also his design's edgy mc edgelord, i hate it lol

Yeah, it does.

I mentioned earlier how much I liked playing Zenyatta because it gave me the feelsgoodman of a support character, while having this laser-accurate, high-damage single shot for a regular attack that keeps him viable at holding his own. You won't be pushing, but you shouldn't be. Your buff makes your tanks really tanky. Get a little bit of a height advantage and you're golden.

I can't play slow characters. I die every time.
i don't get zenyatta, i feel like he doesn't have enough going on for him with his orb play

i'm missing something

Ozium

I have less than 2 hours in Space Farmers and already have cards??

what madness is this

edit: I have 60 minutes according to steam library and already got 2 cards

edit 2: also got a system shock foil that I instant sold for $3.40

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
really disapointed you can choose the same heroes on a team

zkylon

zkylewd
i really hope league does some overwatch inspired skins at one point

like a tracer ekko skin or something

Got one as Widow and one has Rheinhardt today. The latter was a triple kill suicide with his puhs over a cliff. Totally intendet ofc.

The game should allow you to export those as vid or as gif, since there even is a menu for them and all
it totally should

i don't get zenyatta, i feel like he doesn't have enough going on for him with his orb play

i'm missing something

What I did was stay near heavies or offensive people and keep an orb on them. I hold ground instead of taking it. Move up when they move up.

Other than that, I play him offensively. The second you see someone, toss the debuff orb on them and shoot. If you don't miss, you just did a lot of damage, even to the big guys.

I've always liked played the Deagle in Counter Strike, and his regular attack is a little like that.

Jawmuncher

It's probably a no on that Batlefield with Mechs and stuff now. But that concept will be apparently a game of some sort though.

Rhaknar

dat win streak tho. yeah game is alright :p

can you even get play of the game as a healer? >_> The play of the game on the match i just had was with me boosting the cowboy dude at least ;_;

Soulflarz

Banned
yeah, he's weird

i like his autoattacks (i have to translate everything to league terms, big sorry) and i think his phase shift thing is pretty cool as well as his teleport, but his ult is super lame

like you get a bunch of kills but you don't really do anything

also his design's edgy mc edgelord, i hate it lol

Yeah, I found I did the best with him, but...it took no effort?

zkylon

zkylewd
What I did was stay near heavies or offensive people and keep an orb on them. I hold ground instead of taking it. Move up when they move up.

Other than that, I play him offensively. The second you see someone, toss the debuff orb on them and shoot. If you don't miss, you just did a lot of damage, even to the big guys.

I've always liked played the Deagle in Counter Strike, and his regular attack is a little like that.
i c

not my style of play at all

i play very in your face champions (tracer, pharah, d.va)

can you even get play of the game as a healer? >_> The play of the game on the match i just had was with me boosting the cowboy dude at least ;_;
pretty sure it's impossible with some champions like mercy

potg is basically highest kill play, so yea, if you don't have a big aoe ult you're screwed

playing support is not about the glory anyways :p

Should I update my gaming PC to win 10? Does it have compatibility issues with not-so-new games? I have a huge 2-5 years old games backlog.

zkylon

zkylewd
i kind of want the 60 bucks version for that tracer skin but honestly that's too much money for one skin

that i know this as a league player proves that it's too much

Yeah, I found I did the best with him, but...it took no effort?
he's one of the easier ones for sure

Should I update my gaming PC to win 10? Does it have compatibility issues with not-so-new games? I have a huge 2-5 years old games backlog.
i played that 20 year old games rpg that josh sawyer likes so much (can't freaking remember the name right now) and had no issues. no issues with league, overwatch, any of the dark souls, doto or any of other games i've played

win10 is alright, i think i still prefer 7 because win10 has a really shitty calculator and some other weird app crap, but it's alright, i like that it boots much faster

Soulflarz

Banned

Rare issues, I don't think they're notable. For example, I was having major issues with astebreed, but the second I put it on win7 compatibility mode they were all gone.
I'd upgrade while it's still free, considering you'll hate spending $100 or so to play modern games in a few years.

Adnor

Banned

I did get POTG as Mercy once, but I killed two enemies and revived an ally.

Mercy's pistol is surprisingly strong.

Hektor

i kind of want the 60 bucks version for that tracer skin but honestly that's too much money for one skin

that i know this as a league player proves that it's too much

But it's the only good tracer skin in the game. The others suck.

You also get a really cool bastion skin.

Just 20 Bucks~~ that's the price of one legendary Skin in league

New Vampire Bloodlines trademark spotted - let that sink in
Back in October, 'Vampire: the Masquerade' was trademarked for computer game software, and 'Vampire Bloodlines' got the same treatment recently, as uncovered by a poster on the RPGCodex forums.

The trademark was filed on April 26, 2016, by White Wolf Publishing AB. It seems like White Wolf are securing the IP in its various forms either simply to protect the IP, or perhaps because they're actively working, or are considering working, on a sequel.

Hektor

licht-0051.gif
http://www.pcgamesn.com/vampire-the...bloodlines-trademark-spotted-let-that-sink-in
licht-0051.gif

€: Se7ensword!!!! ._.

Rhaknar

5-3, im happy with that for the first session. Mostly with Mercy but I did play this last game with Bastion when we were low on dmg and lost the first round so me and some other due switched and won the next 2 rounds. We had 2 Bastion on the team and the dmg in turret mode is ridiculous.

Still dont like that you can have multiple of the same guy in your team, would much rather a moba model. Game is of course, super polished like everyone said but thats a given from Blizzard I guess

edit: what im not happy is getting thrown in games in progress, one of them I joined and imediatly lost the game lol >_< not sure if that even counted for the statistic

Lego Jurassic World 75% off is a first no?

Well if I can't play Diablo 3 offline I'll probably just get around to buying a copy of Diablo 2 some day again.

And yeah I figured the $60 copy of Overwatch was a waste imo.

Shizuka

I'm sorry if this isn't the appropriate place, but I've run out of options and I don't know what to do anymore. I bought a brand new Samsung notebook a few weeks ago and it always turns on when I open the lid. This makes the boot take a long time and I want it to turn on only when I press the power button. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

win10 is alright, i think i still prefer 7 because win10 has a really shitty calculator and some other weird app crap, but it's alright, i like that it boots much faster

Rare issues, I don't think they're notable. For example, I was having major issues with astebreed, but the second I put it on win7 compatibility mode they were all gone.
I'd upgrade while it's still free, considering you'll hate spending $100 or so to play modern games in a few years.

Thanks guys, I'll give it a try then.

zkylon

zkylewd
But it's the only good tracer skin in the game. The others suck.

You also get a really cool bastion skin.

Just 20 Bucks~~ that's the price of one legendary Skin in league
i like some of the recolors but yeah, it's the best one

but honestly her base design is so freaking good that most skins have a really hard task supplanting it

Paradox own White Wolf. Paradox have quite the good relationship with Obsidian, who have the lead designer of Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, Leonard Boyarsky, working for them. Why mention that?

Because a week ago Paradox/White Wolf trademarked 'Vampire Bloodlines' It's happening!

this would be sublime

i'm currently wearing my lucky obsidian shirt so sending the universe good vibes to make this shit happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom