• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Puncher

hope you blocked Rhaknar

[emoticon of your choice]

psVY1Q2.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hugo Fact is maybe the worst character name ever in a rpg btw

septicore

King's Quest Chapter 3 done, kinda reminded me of DQ V because I had to pick a princess.

I hope there isn't a long wait for chapter 4.

so i've finally gotten 10 points with every stardew bachelor/bachelorette so it's time to decide who i marry

i figured the most romantic way of deciding it would be...

Z4wyYyg.png

AgI3Yuv.png
(some spoilers, click to reveal)

spreadsheets!

difficult choice, haley doesn't have any bad points but she's also not that interesting and my front runners abigail and harvey have as many bad points as good

i'd also feel really good in marrying maru just to make demetrius mad but i don't think that's what love is about

i love leah but do i want to spend the rest of my life with someone that doesn't like pizza?

difficult choices...

Just follow your heart zkylon.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I thought I read earlier in the game you could teleport between these godess statues but there doesnt seem to be an option for that. having to go back through each floor everytime the game decides to send me back to the start for story reasons is getting annoying :/

Tizoc

I thought I read earlier in the game you could teleport between these godess statues but there doesnt seem to be an option for that. having to go back through each floor everytime the game decides to send me back to the start for story reasons is getting annoying :/

Ys Origin you mean? Can't remember when you unlock teleporting tbh, but for the most part you're climbing upwards.

MUnited83

For you.
so i've finally gotten 10 points with every stardew bachelor/bachelorette so it's time to decide who i marry

i figured the most romantic way of deciding it would be...

Z4wyYyg.png

AgI3Yuv.png
(some spoilers, click to reveal)

spreadsheets!

difficult choice, haley doesn't have any bad points but she's also not that interesting and my front runners abigail and harvey have as many bad points as good

i'd also feel really good in marrying maru just to make demetrius mad but i don't think that's what love is about

i love leah but do i want to spend the rest of my life with someone that doesn't like pizza?

difficult choices...

I feel like you could just put Abigail only on the spreadsheet, put "purple hair" in the list of positives and be done with it. There's only one choice!

Rhaknar

"I dont need a lecture from you, youre dead!"

cant argue with that logic

As soon as you beat the tutorial, you get a key item that lets you travel floors between statues. Not sure how you could miss that in Ys Origin.

Being bored today:

Today's game impressions from the bargain bundle bin are brought to you be the letter

200.gif

M for Mermaids, deal with it. Decent Match-3 game set among, you guessed it, Mermaids! Physics are pretty good, decent level of complexity though some mechanics are left unexplained. 3x15 levels with some bonus stuff, will probably go back to in the future.

Circular breakout/arkanoid clone where you rotate the bricks left or right around the central pivot to hit the ball. If the ball hits the outside you lose a life. Controls aren't particularly intuitive, might get back to, probably not.

Apparently 9 out of 10 people can't solve the puzzle on the title page, I suspect 9 out of 10 people say "fuck this shit" and play a more interesting game. If the presentation was better I might have gone past 1 or 2 puzzles, but nope.

Decent side 2.5D platformer where you play as a mushroom man collection spores inside a house because, well just because. I admit I wandered off during the very nice long unskippable opening cinematic. Each level has a time pressure from a mostly off-screen monster thingy so don't dawdle. Lots of block stacking and jumping etc... Middle of the road for platformers on steam, decent.

Nice little marble roller. It's not particularly long, 2+ hours and 20 big levels, finished this one. Graphics are quite good though some of the textures are a little lo-rez. It's not that hard, even the ice surfaces are easy with a bit of caution, but it's well worth a play and you can collect hats! Also VR enabled though I didn't try.

Another far more complex marble roller. The graphics are poor but serviceable. The controls could use some work but there is a real sense of achievement when you finish a level.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I didn't read the OP, but does anyone know what game won SteamGAF GOTY 2014?

Rhaknar

As soon as you beat the tutorial, you get a key item that lets you travel floors between statues. Not sure how you could miss that in Ys Origin.

ah didnt try to use the item, just assumed the option would be on the statues like the other options on the statues are :/ still thats my bad

zkylon

zkylewd
what i found more interesting is what happens after you finish the community center

i was expecting something but i wasn't expecting that

like,
i never thought much of pierre, but the way it says "no one ever seen the jojomart manager ever again..." after pierre threatens him is pretty suspcious to me and ever since jojamart close down i've seen pierre talk more and more dodgy stuff. he once told me he felt something was wrong with him cos he was way too ambitious for this town. he told me "my dream is to own a lot of stores and become excessively rich". he started laughing at the idea of people having to use his store for shelter in rainy days. considering he's also a religious fanatic that has a freaking shrine in his house i wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be some sort of patrick bateman sort of psychopath

and then there's the jojamart closing down. nothing's been done to replace jojamart, now there's just crumbling ruins in the middle of town, and its former workers now unemployed drifters. i've gone to visit shane and see what he did with his life only to found him dead still at marnie's, with just nothing else to do but stare into emptiness

certainly not the happy ending i expected this situation to have lol

One of them likes robots, easy choice.
yea maru is cool

she kind of likes gems too much tho

that's boring, i can't bond with someone over shiny rocks

Which portrait mod is that?
this one: http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/48/?

the artist also made another one for villagers but it seems a bit abandoned: http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/97/?

Alex needs a pro and con added that
just says "EGGS"

He
really. Likes. Eggs.
how is that a pro -__-

I don't understand why Abigails last point is marked as a negative. That said, Maru is the only right choice.
huh, cos it's freaky. it even spelled zky on the ouija board which was pretty weird since how did it know to stop at 3 letters

yea abigail is a nutty

zkylon

zkylewd
whoops meant to edit and doubleposted instead

Just follow your heart zkylon.
my heart says program my own harem mode but i'm too lazy to figure it out

I feel like you could just put Abigail only on the spreadsheet, put "purple hair" in the list of positives and be done with it. There's only one choice!
i mean, i get what ur saying cos im into anime hair (after all, i got mine) but ehhhhh

i scratched abigail from the list cos she's kinda lame. she didn't get a cool dating event like the other characters so boo

i'm down to maru, harvey and leah as my top three, with maru heading the list. harvey is too much of a weirdo and the pizza thing is pretty bad for leah so it seems maru's got a big chance

but this gem obsession of hers feels like 2 years down the line i won't have anything to talk to her and we'll drift apart and it'll be the children that suffer it the most

so maybe i should go with good and stable harvey, he seems like he'd do what he has to for the kids

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Dark Souls 3, Danganronpa 2, HTC Vive... Not enough time.

Rhaknar

these Ys Origins bosses either change their patterns for the melee girl or they seem like they would be a nightmare for a melee character (im playing the mage dude)

me0wish

IH3LB-N25A0-J3GT7
Some random DLC for some random game, I don't even know which game and I can't redeem it as I already own it.

Enjoy.

what i found more interesting is what happens after you finish the community center

i was expecting something but i wasn't expecting that

Yeah, when I saw that, I was thinking how Pierre was kind of a jerk.
Blames his main competitor for the Community Centre's disuse (as if somehow JojaMart prevents people from going to a community centre,) and nobody points out "Hey Pierre! You stand to benefit from a boycott! You're just manipulating us!" and Shane of all people doesn't point out "Wait a minute, if you do that I'll be unemployed!"

The only thing I liked about the ending was that in post-game people do actually change their schedules and use the community centre.

So how did you get to 10 hearts with all of them? Hand everyone flowers, or use a mod?

JustinBB7

Think I only have Overwatch this month. Dark Souls 3 and Hearthstone besides that. Nice to have a bit of slower time actually.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Are there any games worth buying on the Steam anime sale? Other than Danganronpa, as I already own it. I liked it a lot.

Endruen

Alien Isolation Spoilers

I just passed through the nest and it looks amazing, probably the best location of the game. It gave me the chills and I was constantly in tension. God bless the flamethrower.

mp1990

Banned
Are there any games worth buying on the Steam anime sale? Other than Danganronpa, as I already own it. I liked it a lot.
Momodora 3 and Reverie Under The Moonlight are pretty great, and I believe that you can grab both for less than $15.

Jawmuncher

I never get why when you're in a bummed mood, your favorite hobby is the first thing to go. Haven't had the strength to play a game for a few days now.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
FINALLY getting around to playing Tropico 3. This is fun as hell.

Trying to create a paradise but inadvertently becoming a dictator.

Rhaknar

well this section sure is one of the worst sections ive ever played in any videogame ever... good times >_>

hesho

Momodora 3 and Reverie Under The Moonlight are pretty great, and I believe that you can grab both for less than $15.

i am a little surprised there isn't a bundle for the both of them. Ah well, everyone talks about it so much, kinda tempted to give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom