• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

You think 8GB GPUs are good enough?
Movie industry would like to have at least ten times as much...
They are also not using local illumination models the way games do, so they need to store much more information per scene than just textures and models. And I'm guessing their models and texture are a lot more detailed.
It's also not like GPUs will ever "catch up" with them: Once you have more memory, there are simply going to push for more expensive effects.

DOOM
- MRORANGE
I don't know much about this game, but it looks pretty good.
Sold!
6DGEBFt.jpg
  • So when does the 'Winter/Spring/Summer/Autumn' sale start? The Winter Sale should start December 22nd.This thread will be closed after the sale starts.
>_>
6DGEBFt.jpg
Dumbo :p
6DGEBFt.jpg
  • When is the newest version of Enhanced Steam going to be available on Firefox? - Ask Mozilla!
Actually no!

The target date for Firefox 48's general release is August 2. That gives me a couple of months to (hopefully) get all the bugs worked out before then.

I never get why when you're in a bummed mood, your favorite hobby is the first thing to go. Haven't had the strength to play a game for a few days now.

This is the truth. The worst part is, you know you'd feel better, at least temporarily, if you got sucked into a game. But you just can't muster.

Same goes for exercising. Being depleted helps with the insomnia, the endorphin spikes help with the tiredness, the routine helps with the big-picture malaise... and yet you'll just polish off that bottle of Old Grand-Dad you bought a day ago without leaving the couch.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
WTF

Downloaded a workshop file for Football Manager and it's deleting all my applications and games

how do I fix this

Sch1sm

Just completed Mount Zund on Bastion, which puts me at like... 2 shards left, reckon an additional few areas beyond that. Probably one of my favourite moments in the game so far, minus the bushland you start in. End run was easily my favourite - really questioning the general dislike I see for the game's combat. I think it's perfectly doable and fine. Enjoyable even. Just gotta get the write weapon combo and skill going.
Always the sprite lure

----

RIP Lashley.

Lashley

It's deleted everything and now my PC won't run properly. Can't even reset it. Wtf how are steam letting files do this?

It's deleted everything and now my PC won't run properly. Can't even reset it. Wtf how are steam letting files do this?

I guess workshop files are not curated and if I want I could upload a Virus.

Was actually quite normal during the WC3 days, where viruses were spread as map-files.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
posted in the anime sale thread too but wanted advice here aswell, which hyperdimension or other ones from them there seems to be quite alot on sale

Lashley

I guess workshop files are not curated and if I want I could upload a Virus.

Was actually quite normal during the WC3 days, where viruses were spread as map-files.
Can't do a system restore either :(

All my games gone. Just spent three days downloading them for fuck all.

All my applications gone.

Eila

Usually all. The oldest one gets the most discounts.

Neptunia 1 has 70%, Neptunia 2 60, Neptunia 3 50% and both new spinoffs 40%.

Those discounts aren't even that good, lower than usual.
I recommend buying the first one only, unless you chug through games in days. The others will be cheaper in the summer sale.

Lashley

There are people saying it deletes all files. So why did you still download it?
Because like a moron I didn't read the comments until after I downloaded. Didn't think shit like this could happen with a workshop file for football manager

Lesson harshly learned

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Huh, Dark Souls 3 was like half as long as Dark Souls 1 and 2 for me on first playthrough. Played the exact same way I always do. Kinda disappointing. I'm looking forward to the DLC to make the game feel a bit more full now.

Ludens

Banned
DS3 is an easy Souls, except when you reach
Anor Londo and its awful boss.

Spent the whole afternoon trying with Veggie to kill him, and I thought the game was easy, since I first tried the all bosses except the first three until now.

All of this, without using RB button (it worked 1 time out of 10 tires, what the hell).

Volimar

Sorry about your troubles Lash. If that were me I'd be halfway between freaking out like crazy and curling up in a ball in the corner.

tuxfool

Banned

Spent the whole afternoon trying with Veggie to kill him, and I thought the game was easy, since I first tried the all bosses except the first three until now.

All of this, without using RB button (it worked 1 time out of 10 tires, what the hell).
The technique you need to employ is pretty similar to the
crystal sage

Our final successful run was pretty fun though once we really "felt" the boss' pattern. Dodging, one aggroin while the other heals, running from the horrible, horrible arrow attack. It was fun :D

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
pet peeve time: games showing time played in saves but excluding all your deaths. Steam would be more accurate except idlemaster fucked all of that up ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom