• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

r3n4ud

Not hard at all. Like I said, I could do it with Enhanced Steam if I had access to their already available API.
Christ is that frustrating :(

Why can't they just give the reigns to you? WHY? The good that you could do for Valve would be off the charts.

I'm going to find a magaize rack.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Christ is that frustrating :(

Why can't they just give the reigns to you? WHY? The good that you could do for Valve would be off the charts.

I'm going to find a magaize rack.

I think at this point they must really just hate me. But I've come to terms with that - my kids are finishing up school in the area and my job is going alright. I get the chance to be a bit "larger than life" through Enhanced Steam and I'm okay with that.

Maybe in a few years when my kids are grown and I've been updating ES all that time they'll see me as worthy enough to join their ranks.

Durante

Just to note, I wasn't given access to VC (directly) by Sega. I just got a reviewer key handed out to a publication, as is usual procedure.

Durante

Durante, do you know if Sega translated the game adding italian subtitles? The original on console is english only, it's not a problem, but I don't dislike playing a rpg in my native language.
I can tell you what the Steam page says:
capturevlang8oq12.png

It would be unusual for it to be wrong.

Turfster

Durante, do you know if Sega translated the game adding italian subtitles? The original on console is english only, it's not a problem, but I don't dislike playing a rpg in my native language.

Steam language grid only lists English interface/voice/subs and Japanese voices

Smart idea.

Every console to PC port should be filtered through Durante.

I wish there were studios specifically porting games to Windows. I know that there are some to port to Mac, Linux, consoles, phones and such. That would drive Windows Gaming further, maybe this new Microsoft can found one.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I think at this point they must really just hate me. But I've come to terms with that - my kids are finishing up school in the area and my job is going alright. I get the chance to be a bit "larger than life" through Enhanced Steam and I'm okay with that.

Maybe in a few years when my kids are grown and I've been updating ES all that time they'll see me as worthy enough to join their ranks.
I've researched a lot about gangs. They either 'beat' you in or 'sex' you in. I hope they let you pick

I never played the first Binding of Isaac much (like 4 hours), but watching some streams/videos, the new music just doesn't compare.

Why didn't Danny Baranowsky compose it?

I never played the first Binding of Isaac, but watching some streams/videos, the new music just doesn't compare.

Why didn't Danny Baranowsky compose it?

they really should have at least include the option to toggle between old and new. Shame that it's missing the old tunes since they're pretty good

Dr Dogg

I'm not usually a fan of Motion Blur but seeing as I can't find anyway to turn it off, in game settings or ini tweaks I guess I'm going to have to deal with it in Advanced Warfare. But Per Object Motion Blur + DOF does look alright in places.
You know for that cinematic pop!

Chariot

I don't mean to be insulting or anything, but that game feels kinda like it is made more for Pro-GG folks.
Yes, but by saying nothing, I could at least not think about that. I mean, it would be their opinion and that's fine. But if they now start to actively supporting GamerGate I am not inclined anymore to opening an OT or buying the game.

I still hope that they want to advertise themselves more by ridiculing GamerGate or something that doesn't support it.

edit:
GamerGate, not GamersGate. >.<

Dr Dogg

Guys, I need some help here: Worms Revolution, Worms Reloaded or Worms Clan Wars?

I can't comment on Clan Wars as I've not seen much of it but Revolution is 2.5D and Reloaded is Classic 2D. Both have the same turn based gameplay with Reloaded offering the more traditional experience and Revolution adds some extra classes to mix up the gameplay. I guess it depends on what you are after really.

Pachimari

Wait, need quick help.

I have Far Cry 3 on Steam and installed it, but it still wants me to use the uPlay client to play it?

It even linked my Steam and uPlay accounts.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wait, need quick help.

I have Far Cry 3 on Steam and installed it, but it still wants me to use the uPlay client to play it?

Every internally-developed Ubi game since AssCreed 2 uses Uplay. The only exception to this is Rayman Origins.

Edit: Oh, and I Am Alive is also Uplay-adjacent. I keep forgetting about that.

Turfster

Wait, need quick help.

Yes. Almost all Ubi games require uPlay too.
(Apart from like... Gunslinger and a few other non-main studio games)
Still, you want to buy as many of them on Steam as possible, since having to install via uPlay is an exercise in stupidity and multiple patches.

Humble daily Antichamber 75% off

Chariot

hey man, not cool.
I know their deals arent always the best, but theres no need for that sort of behaviour towards a store.
arghhgl. fix'd.

But I can't fix the mistake of twittering them. Hopefully they see that I honestly want to like the game and am just scared of it being put in the mudpit that is GamerGate and not me trying to oppress something by spiting useless threats of not buying.

DocSeuss

I don't suppose anyone has a copy of The Novelist from the latest Humble Bundle? Won't get paid for a bit yet and don't really want to buy the whole bundle for just one game.

Accoun

Yes, but by saying nothing, I could at least not think about that. I mean, it would be their opinion and that's fine. But if they now start to actively supporting GamerGate I am not inclined anymore to opening an OT or buying the game.

I still hope that they want to advertise themselves more by ridiculing GamerGate or something that doesn't support it.

edit:
GamerGate, not GamersGate. >.<

*coughcough*
(apparently this is one of the devs - he appeared in a /v/ thread that someone supposedly linked him to and posted a screenshot with Huniepop project open in Unity as a proof)

Have sjw attacked you yet?

No but I pray for the day when that happens. If you guys can orchestrate that I would be forever in your debt.

Oh, so you think any kind of publicity = good publicity?

I do think that, but more to the point, I just want to have a twitter war with feminists. It sounds like fun.

So... eatingpopcorn.gif?

Or he just thinks those websites won't have anything

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So I've hit a bit of a moral dilemma with Enhanced Steam, thanks to the recent change to the badges page.

Previously (when all of the badges were on the same page) it was easy for Enhanced Steam to do things like calculate how many drops were remaining and provide sorting and filtering functions to those items, since they already existed on the page and the info was complete.

Now presumably Valve added pagination to these pages so that people with a high number of games and/or badges wouldn't load all of those resources from the server every time they opened their badges page.

In order to add these features back to Enhanced Steam, the extension will have to load all of these resources back to the badges page which essentially undoes what Valve themselves did.

So there's my dilemma: do I cut these very useful features out of the extension or add them back, thus reversing the changes Valve made?

Chariot

*coughcough*
(apparently this is one of the devs - he appeared in a /v/ thread that someone supposedly linked him to and posted a screenshot with Huniepop project open in Unity)

So... eatingpopcorn.gif?
Oh goody :(
*packs Huniepop flag*

I try to #believe as long as I can tho :,(

edit: Also lol, Raven

jRQlkj1sJnlRD.png

I just send them NeoGAF as suggestion. Might as well.

jshackles

Weird. Is this beta only?
My badges page is still the Endless List Of Doom.

They were pretty generous with their pagination - 250 badges per page.

Maybe the right way to proceed is to show these items if there is only one page. If it detects multiple pages, maybe it'll add a button like "Click here to calculate" so that it only loads at the user's request (and not every time).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom