• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaron777

They were pretty generous with their pagination - 250 badges per page.

Maybe the right way to proceed is to show these items if there is only one page. If it detects multiple pages, maybe it'll add a button like "Click here to calculate" so that it only loads at the user's request (and not every time).

Is this why idlemaster doesn't work for me anymore? Have about 15 games to idle, but idlemaster says there are none left.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is this why idlemaster doesn't work for me anymore? Have about 15 games to idle, but idlemaster says there are none left.

Most likely, yes. If you have multiple badge pages, Idle Master can only "see" the first page. I'm working on a fix for this as well.

Oh goody :(
*packs Huniepop flag*

I try to #believe as long as I can tho :,(

edit: Also lol, Raven

jRQlkj1sJnlRD.png

I just send them NeoGAF as suggestion. Might as well.
In my defense, I was meaning to get in contact with them to do a video on their game eventually, since it's hilarious and looks like it'd make for a good video that my audience would enjoy.

So I've hit a bit of a moral dilemma with Enhanced Steam, thanks to the recent change to the badges page.

Previously (when all of the badges were on the same page) it was easy for Enhanced Steam to do things like calculate how many drops were remaining and provide sorting and filtering functions to those items, since they already existed on the page and the info was complete.

Now presumably Valve added pagination to these pages so that people with a high number of games and/or badges wouldn't load all of those resources from the server every time they opened their badges page.

In order to add these features back to Enhanced Steam, the extension will have to load all of these resources back to the badges page which essentially undoes what Valve themselves did.

So there's my dilemma: do I cut these very useful features out of the extension or add them back, thus reversing the changes Valve made?

Personally I use the badges page a lot with your feature to show games/cards remaining, so I'd very much appreciate it if you could keep the feature in. I'm perfectly fine with your idea of adding a button or something to load in the other pages so it can calculate what's remaining.

So I've hit a bit of a moral dilemma with Enhanced Steam, thanks to the recent change to the badges page.

Previously (when all of the badges were on the same page) it was easy for Enhanced Steam to do things like calculate how many drops were remaining and provide sorting and filtering functions to those items, since they already existed on the page and the info was complete.

Now presumably Valve added pagination to these pages so that people with a high number of games and/or badges wouldn't load all of those resources from the server every time they opened their badges page.

In order to add these features back to Enhanced Steam, the extension will have to load all of these resources back to the badges page which essentially undoes what Valve themselves did.

So there's my dilemma: do I cut these very useful features out of the extension or add them back, thus reversing the changes Valve made?
maybe make it opt-in for the user? that way, the users that care about that still have the option for it and those that don't wont hit valve's servers as hard for no reason

Grief.exe

I always forget that Dragonball Xenoverse is coming to Steam until I see it pop up in the registry.

I'm not interested in the game all that much, just interesting what Namco does and does not bring over.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Oh wow, how long have we been in community? I don't even notice these things any more, since Subscriptions has sort of become my gaf default start site

It feels wrong, but it makes sense from an organisational point of view. SteamGaf is basically the GafCommunity for me and I assume many others. It will also help me from being sucked into all the other random threads and wasting hours reading about consoles that I don't own and games that will never be ported
properly

Will the steam sale threads be on this side of the fence also or will have to travel back and forth for that?

Seems a lot slower at least, maybe it's just placebo

coming off of the halloween sale and the evolve-atross, it's refreshing to see a slower pace around here. It'll pick up again, you'll see, and if it doesn't then it just means that we can talk about how we can't believe alan wake is on sale again and wtf valve

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of dave is ok, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (dave is ok, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

SteamWorld Dig -- MB-5CA58521C86638C4 - Taken by TheLight. 4 entrants total.
Super Hexagon -- MB-E70BDC129696AA0C - Taken by Cosmic Schwung. 3 entrants total.
Gunpoint -- MB-749C2DA7EACA4CC1 - Taken by udiie. 3 entrants total.
Teleglitch: Die More Edition -- MB-03DB9622A272127B
Risk of Rain -- MB-3C08AC54C43E0507 - Taken by littleworm. 2 entrants total.
Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-94438CAAF7247850 - Taken by lindarasta. 1 entrants total.
Dustforce DX -- MB-C78E9C5539C178CD - Taken by Hero Prinny. 7 entrants total.
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-38D23BB2CD89769B - Taken by Rivitur. 2 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: You did not include a valid thread URL. To use the THREAD rule you must include a valid thread URL including ?t= in the thread URL. Resubmit this giveaway if you want to correct this.

t1415222579z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of dave is ok, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (dave is ok, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Super Hexagon -- MB-E70BDC129696AA0C - Taken by Cosmic Schwung. 3 entrants total.
Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-94438CAAF7247850 - Taken by lindarasta. 1 entrants total.
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-38D23BB2CD89769B - Taken by Rivitur. 2 entrants total.

Note: You did not include a valid thread URL. To use the THREAD rule you must include a valid thread URL including ?t= in the thread URL. Resubmit this giveaway if you want to correct this.
Note: The key you added for SteamWorld Dig was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Super Hexagon was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Gunpoint was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Teleglitch: Die More Edition was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Risk of Rain was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Toki Tori 2 Plus was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Dustforce DX was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1415222582z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Note: The key you added for SteamWorld Dig was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Super Hexagon was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Gunpoint was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Teleglitch: Die More Edition was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Risk of Rain was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Toki Tori 2 Plus was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Dustforce DX was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1415222583z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
dude, ModBot chill

I didn't even want that giveaway posted here but it couldn't recognize my thread and still listened to the AUTOREPOST thing

I apologize. ModBot was being fucky earlier and it took two hours to process my giveaway so I resubmitted it a couple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom