• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinBB7

Reading something about Ubisoft games not being on UK steam anymore? Saw it on /v/ though with no source, but it said the crew/ass unity/far cry 4 weren't available.

Actually I think I saw a tweet from somebody from the UK that wasn't able to by far cry 4..

maybe sam the acheevos you would've earned pre-acheevos rollout?

never cared for acheevos that much, but if it bothers you so much then that might be an option.

Well I've been trying really hard to hit 50% in my profile achievements before I can stop caring. And I'm perfectly happy playing games that don't have achievements. But what I'm saying is that the addition of achievements fundamentally changes one's playstyle. Before I would have been content to play through it however I wanted. Now all I'll be thinking about is how I'm supposed to play in order to tick some checkboxes.

Well I've been trying really hard to hit 50% in my profile achievements before I can stop caring. And I'm perfectly happy playing games that don't have achievements. But what I'm saying is that the addition of achievements fundamentally changes one's playstyle. Before I would have been content to play through it however I wanted. Now all I'll be thinking about is how I'm supposed to play in order to tick some checkboxes.

don't bother to play like that, then. It's refreshing to play a game, get a cheevo, and be like WTF did i do to get that?

don't let cheevos determine how you play, play how you'll play and when you get a cheevo then embrace that euphoric moment and move on.

don't bother to play like that, then. It's refreshing to play a game, get a cheevo, and be like WTF did i do to get that?

don't let cheevos determine how you play, play how you'll play and when you get a cheevo then embrace that euphoric moment and move on.

In this moment I am euphoric. Not because of any phony developer's blessing. But because I am enlightened by my own playstyle.

Reading something about Ubisoft games not being on UK steam anymore? Saw it on /v/ though with no source, but it said the crew/ass unity/far cry 4 weren't available.

Actually I think I saw a tweet from somebody from the UK that wasn't able to by far cry 4..

Been like that with Ubi games for a while now, new games (those sold at retail) aren't shown in the Steam store.

Phawx

Snow Light steam key was added to Build a Greenlight bundle 9

Bik and Life of Pixel were added to REMUTE'S RETRO RAMPAGE

One day for ched added to BUILD A GREENLIGHT BUNDLE 6

I finished The Room, took me 2 hours. The ending was quite WTF, I am still kinda baffled here. What the hell was that.

Here's a non-spoiler version of the ending:

tumblr_le6ce3JHMl1qzzxaqo1_500.jpg

Or something. Yeah the puzzles were pretty good and I liked the atmosphere and looks but what the christ. I thought the game was supposed to have an Epilogue but it turned out that the last chapter was the epilogue. I guess the iOS players must have been even more confused than I am.
I finished this one up, I think it was a nice enough puzzle game but I don't think the narrative was anything special. No real interest in the sequel after playing this one but I can understand why it did well on the iPad.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Snow Light steam key was added to Build a Greenlight bundle 9

Bik and Life of Pixel were added to REMUTE'S RETRO RAMPAGE

One day for ched added to BUILD A GREENLIGHT BUNDLE 6

no ofense but you are ridiculously late with those. like, in some cases, weeks late o_O

Sure that's not just because Ubisoft wants to promote UPlay sales?

It's a valid explanation, uplay gets 100% of the revenue instead of Ubisoft getting a cut from Steam, but why then just the UK?

Also, Valiant Hearts, a digital only title, never received the same block that Watch_Dogs did or Far Cry 4 and AC:Unity currently have.

Dr Dogg

It's a valid explanation, uplay gets 100% of the revenue instead of Ubisoft getting a cut from Steam, but why then just the UK?

Also, Valiant Hearts, a digital only title, never received the same block that Watch_Dogs did or Far Cry 4 and AC:Unity currently have.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/far-cry-4-special-edition-only-at-game-303407

http://www.game.co.uk/en/assassins-creed-unity-notre-dame-edition-only-at-game-301006

Coincydinc? Also everytime a title hasn't been available on Steam to preorder, regardless if it was a THQ, Bethesda, Ubisoft title, GAME had a special edition exclusive to them. But apparently they say it's not them doing this. Hmmmmm, yeah sure because you'd never admit to that if you were.

Grief.exe

Interesting to see how Ubisoft moves forward with this, obviously the ramifications could potentially be significant.

Their die hard Assassin's Creed fans will likely still be there, but they will miss the massive legs that come with Steam sales. There will still be sales on GMG, Uplay, etc, but that doesn't bring the hundreds of millions of eyes that open the Steam page.

I was hoping for Uplay to be dead by the time The Division is released, could be the completely opposite outcome.

Splatoon was the best thing from the nintendo direct.

MM3D.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wait whats happening with Ubisoft? are they pulling a EA?

Dr Dogg

Interesting to see how Ubisoft moves forward with this, obviously the ramifications could potentially be significant.

Their die hard Assassin's Creed fans will likely still be there, but they will miss the massive legs that come with Steam sales. There will still be sales on GMG, Uplay, etc, but that doesn't bring the hundreds of millions of eyes that open the Steam page.

I was hoping for Uplay to be dead by the time The Division is released, could be the completely opposite outcome.

Well they've been 'moving forward' with this for at least 3 years running so it's not anything new. Everytime I've asked Steam and Uplay support for a thorough explination they both blame each other with Valve saying wait and see and Ubisoft offering up a list of alternative retailers. Business decissions are insidious sometimes, that and fucking stupid.

Rhaknar

No. Nothing is changing. They just don't put their games up for pre-order on Steam in the UK like THQ didn't.

so Grief is just being a senile old man again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom