• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Codename STEAM looks like an ugly version of Valkyria Chronicles.

Ugly doesn't even begin to describe.
It honestly looks disgusting to me, I just can't get past it. Might have maybe been interesting on the WiiU. Might still give it a chance but I sure don't see it being a big seller for them. They should have just given us Advanced Wars Days of Ruin 2.

I basically don't even count it as a announcement since we knew it was coming.
So it took away from the reveal.

Splatoon loooks very interesting indeed, but what about Xenoblade X?

Looks like more Xenoblade which isn't a bad thing. Just hope they fix a few things from the original.

------------------------------------

Looked up about Eden* I think the 50% off much like with Cho Dengeki Stryker is just a manga gamer thing. I think all of their games will have that launch discount.

Looks like more Xenoblade which isn't a bad thing. Just hope they fix a few things from the original.

Yeah, I am pretty sure this is going to be bigger and possibly even better than Xenoblade Chronicles, and I guess most probably it won't be released in 2015.

By the way also Captain Toad's game looks intriguing.

With all the 5th of November meme-ing about going on today, I had my annual viewing of V for Vendetta... It got me thinking, it could be a pretty cool video game, especially if Rocksteady did it. It's really short though, so there's probably not enough material to make a decently lengthy game either way. Works better as a comic/movie.

Still, it'd be neat. The story is interesting, the character is interesting, it'd be awesome to play as V.

Maniac

Banned
I've researched a lot about gangs. They either 'beat' you in or 'sex' you in. I hope they let you pick
Whynotboth.gif

They were pretty generous with their pagination - 250 badges per page.

Maybe the right way to proceed is to show these items if there is only one page. If it detects multiple pages, maybe it'll add a button like "Click here to calculate" so that it only loads at the user's request (and not every time).
I concur, a button would probably be the best solution.

Sorry for the Afterburner OSD spoiling the mood but check out The Spacey!

You can see the dimples on his face and everything!
There's still something missing, though. His fucking soul!

Seriously though, I find it unnerving just how dead his eyes are. :p

rtcn63

I played 2/3rds of Xenoblade, and I have no idea how it got such a major following, outside of being on the Wii. It was a decent game with... well that was it. I guess if you compare it to the partial travesties like Star Ocean 4 or the unending duplicates of the Tales series, yeah, it's relatively less offensive with its faults.

zkylon

zkylewd
I played 2/3rds of Xenoblade, and I have no idea how it got such a major following, outside of being on the Wii. It was a decent game with... well that was it. I guess if you compare it to the partial travesties like Star Ocean 4 or the unending duplicates of the Tales series, yeah, it's relatively less offensive with its faults.

i think xenoblade is kinda bad tbh

mrgone

I dont care about any of that nintendo bullshit, I do care about the logistics of Scorpion's sword sharpness

thats a sharp sword o_O

GuOWF6v.gif

How much is Far Cry 4 there?

IIRC its about the same. Also about 23-24€.
You have to use an indian VPN though. Then buy it and somehow turn it off before buying it. It always showed an error though when I tried it.

Because it is about exploring. I loved that the world is that big and each area feels huge.

rtcn63

If Majora's Mask pulls that bullshit where the select and start buttons are useless, instead of bringing up the inventory/menu, than fuck you Nintendo. You mitigated touch screen use (or had dual methods for certain tasks) in ALBW, don't return to your old ways. YOU HAVE BUTTONS WHY NOT LET THEM DO THINGS.

Jawmuncher

I think that was a big factor to it. Had it been a PS3 Jrpg don't think much would have been said about it. I liked it, but it did feel like I was missing something after all the positive word over it.

Yeah, I am pretty sure this is going to be bigger and possibly even better than Xenoblade Chronicles, and I guess most probably it won't be released in 2015.

By the way also Captain Toad's game looks intriguing.

Not a big fan of puzzle stuff like that so CT is something i'll never play.

-------------------------

This is why I love PC Big Boxes.
I'm still trying to track one down.
Still haven't found pictures of the actual DC2 Big Box.
Only the European Ugly Budget Case.

Also possible sad news of the rumored DC reboot rumor
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=927229

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If Majora's Mask pulls that bullshit where the select and start buttons are useless, instead of bringing up the inventory/menu, than fuck you Nintendo. You mitigated touch screen use (or had dual methods for certain tasks) in ALBW, don't return to your old ways. YOU HAVE BUTTONS WHY NOT LET THEM DO THINGS.

shhhh quiet now, Nintendo only does amazing things

Dr Dogg

Speaking of GAME and their shitbag Exclusive Edtions, The Evil Within Limited Edition is already down to £25. If Wolfenstein TNO is anything to go by it will be £15 by mid December, maybe earlier.

494 games and I feel like watching Netflix. Wtf is wrong with me.

I know what you mean. Been catching up on TV from the past month and watching and rewathcing the AC Unity 101 Trailer instead of plodding on with COD AW. Then again it is 11:15 here.

There's still something missing, though. His fucking soul! (Seriously though, I find it unnerving just how dead his eyes are. :p

Hahaha. To be fair Spacey has had a vacant, 1,000 yard stare for a while now. Realer the real life!

I think that was a big factor to it. Had it been a PS3 Jrpg don't think much would have been said about it. I liked it, but it did feel like I was missing something after all the positive word over it.

I think it was, because you had some kind of freedom that was missing in most PS3/360 JRPGs.

I mean you have Tales of, which is really linear.
Then you had Eternal Sonata, which was the same. Then FF13, RoF etc.
It seemed all JRPGs during that time were more about linearity than exploring.

SO4 had the exploring aspect, but the characters were horrible and somehow the areas didnt really feel memorable.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Rhaknarr's purposely trying to rile up the mods, so that they'd put the thread back in the gaming side and make a public spectacle of owning him.

thats right, let me trash all the other companies that we are allowed to trash, I forgot that Nintendo is sacred

Jawmuncher

I think it was, because you had some kind of freedom that was missing in most PS3/360 JRPGs.

I mean you have Tales of, which is really linear.
Then you had Eternal Sonata, which was the same. Then FF13, RoF etc.
It seemed all JRPGs during that time were more about linearity than exploring.

SO4 had the exploring aspect, but the characters were horrible and somehow the areas didnt really feel memorable.

I honestly don't mind the linearity though.
One of the reasons I didn't mind FF13 as much.
Especially when the alternative is big open lands with really nothing in them.
You don't get much out of exploring in Xenoblade aside from XP and random items you can use for quests. Plus with no sort of vehicles and such made exploring long in some cases. X seems to be aware of that though and fixing it which is good.

Miguel81

i think xenoblade is kinda bad tbh

Haven't played it yet, but I've read some mentioning that it's a sorta spiritual successor to Final Fantasy XII. Is there some truth to that or just bs?

Still waiting for a Final Fantasy XII International to make it stateside(preferably on Steam as well).

Unrelated: Chronicles of Mystara has some funky filters, when they could have just gone with a simple bilinear. Like wtf? The widescreen option also seems a little stretched. At least it plays alright from comparing it to the MAME versions.

rtcn63

Haven't played it yet, but I've read some mentioning that it's a sorta spiritual successor to Final Fantasy XII. Is there some truth to that or just bs?

It reminded me of FFXII, both visually and with regards to certain elements of the combat. But I personally disliked FFXII, wasn't a fan of the "single player MMORPG" bit. Would rather play Xeno, as the fights felt significantly more engaging.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
A lot of people said it worked for them, but I really couldnt get it to work this time. It worked before though, since I bought 2-3 games from the Indian Origin shop before.

Do you just get an UPlay key or is it tied to your Origin account? I know I asked that before but I can't remember.

L.O.R.D

so , assassin's creed unity support Arabic language , but it locked in steam in my region
its available in uplay without region locked
talked to steam support and no one answered me
so i asked ubisoft support
Logan @ Ubisoft Support

Thank you for contacting Ubisoft. Please note that we do not have any control over what Steam does with the merchandise they purchase from us. We do not handle the distribution or Steam.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

the crew is also not available to buy
what make this strange , AC4 and all AC games is available without any problem
i thought maybe this only for the new ubisoft games , but Far Cry 4 is Available

i really don't know what they are doing

Zafir

It reminded me of FFXII, both visually and with regards to certain elements of the combat. But I personally disliked FFXII, wasn't a fan of the "single player MMORPG" bit. Would rather play Xeno, as the fights felt significantly more engaging.
Yeah I agree. I never clicked with FFXII, but I did enjoy Xenoblade. Only reason I didn't finish Xenoblade was because I got really burnt out on the side quests.

zkylon

zkylewd

Still waiting for a Final Fantasy XII International to make it stateside(preferably on Steam as well).

Unrelated: Chronicles of Mystara has some funky filters, when they could have just gone with a simple bilinear. Like wtf? The widescreen option also seems a little stretched. At least it plays alright from comparing it to the MAME versions.
basically yeah, it's a ff12 thing with decent characters tho a lot worse than the ones like xenosaga or xenogears

both things do the single player mmorpg thing which imo is an awful idea to begin with. i felt the combat got old really quick and the world was cool but it was basically a giant low-populated arena for you to do kill and fetch quests in.

for me it didn't help that i played it right after xenosaga so like it was a pretty huge dive in story and characters.

zkylon

zkylewd
tbh i really liked ff12 when it came out cos it was something original and the judges were badasses. also programming my own npc ai was super cool for me

unfortunately there were a lot of other issues related to the single player mmorpg thingie but i think i liked it better than xenoblade

Not a big fan of puzzle stuff like that so CT is something i'll never play.

-------------------------

This is why I love PC Big Boxes.
I'm still trying to track one down.
Still haven't found pictures of the actual DC2 Big Box.
Only the European Ugly Budget Case.

Also possible sad news of the rumored DC reboot rumor
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=927229

We need grief to start a movement to bring DC games to Steam.

Arthea

the problem with last gen JRPGs was basically that most of them were very seriously flawed and we weren't used to such state of things, tbh. Xenobalde had a nice world (so did FF12 btw), but combat was boring, quests too, characters not interesting and so on. While So4 had nice world, good combat, but characters were varying from bad to atrocious, story bad. ES looked nice, everything else as well couldn't have been there, FF13 again looked great, combat was good but everything else just wasn't there at all, and so on and so on. Well we had Trails and Lost Odyssey and Atelier games, so not all was bad.

tbh i really liked ff12 when it came out cos it was something original and the judges were badasses. also programming my own npc ai was super cool for me

unfortunately there were a lot of other issues related to the single player mmorpg thingie but i think i liked it better than xenoblade

I too think that I liked FF12 a little better, still I can't say that I'm a fan of this approach to RPG gameplay at all. I don't like singleplay games feeling and playing like MMOs, where O stands for offline, but many people do, so I probably should just ignore those games as not my thing and be done with it.

Splatoon was the best thing from the nintendo direct.
Correct.

Codename STEAM looks like an ugly version of Valkyria Chronicles.
Uglier, but I'm pretty cool with the visuals. A major improvement would be to reduce the outlines a tad, since they engulf too much of the backdrops and character models. I'm trusting Intelligent Systems to release a worthy alternative to VC. Hell, if it does perform well, more games like it and VC would go into production, which I'm all for.

Miguel81

Loved the world of Ivalice, Balthier and Fran were a great duo, and the voicework was/is fantastic. The story was very forgettable, though. Your mention of Xenosaga just makes me sad that I missed out on Ep. III. Part II was ok, but III is supposed to be great

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Geez, this is the Steam thread stop talking about Nin....wait a minute Majora's Mask 3D? Holy shit!
Thank god I didn't sell my 3DS yet. This is the best day since yesterday!

zkylon

zkylewd
the problem with last gen JRPGs was basically that most of them were very seriously flawed and we weren't used to such state of things, tbh. Xenobalde had a nice world (so did FF12 btw), but combat was boring, quests too, characters not interesting and so on. While So4 had nice world, good combat, but characters were varying from bad to atrocious, story bad. ES looked nice, everything else as well couldn't have been there, FF13 again looked great, combat was good but everything else just wasn't there at all, and so on and so on. Well we had Trails and Lost Odyssey and Atelier games, so not all was bad.
nier was perfect tho!

not even close lol but oh so good anyways

I too think that I liked FF12 a little better, still I can't say that I'm a fan of this approach to RPG gameplay at all. I don't like singleplay games feeling and playing like MMOs, where O stands for offline, but many people do, so I probably should just ignore those games as not my thing and be done with it.
yea i'm on the same camp, i just don't think it's a good idea overall and i don't think it's ever been done in a way that appeals to me in the slightest, but it makes sense considering i don't like mmos. i mean i like the social part of making friends and everything, i've gone on dates with people i've met playing ragnarok online, all that stuff i love it, it's just not the grinding and the whole chasing for loot and all that

big part why i don't like diablo games either, loot as payoff doesn't do anything for me (unless it's like in dark souls where you get like a blip of story or you get a new moveset or something actually fun)

Shadownet

Banned
I would buy Majora's Mask for 3DS. But then again I never play the original so this should be good.

Btw I hope fanto will get a review copy of Unity. I need him to tell me how optimized it is.

Also Star Ocean 4 was... *shudders*

The Talos Principle is up for pre-order and there is a tech demo launching on thursday apparently which should hopefully give us an impression of what it is like. It's a little more expensive than I had hoped but I'm interested enough to take the plunge on it.

zkylon

zkylewd
Loved the world of Ivalice, Balthier and Fran were a great duo, and the voicework was/is fantastic. The story was very forgettable, though. Your mention of Xenosaga just makes me sad that I missed out on Ep. III. Part II was ok, but III is supposed to be great

episode 3 is AMAZING, you must find a way to play eet

it really breaks your heart that they've never made the other 3 games they were planning. xenosaga was such a rare thing

Miguel81

I would buy Majora's Mask for 3DS. But then again I never play the original so this should be good.

Btw I hope fanto will get a review copy of Unity. I need him to tell me how optimized it is.

It's a melancholic game(loved this aspect), and some people hate the time mechanic. The Zora mask was incredibly fun to use, though. Loved that freakin' thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom