• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

Still haven't got round to finishing Majora's Mask, and it is my favourite Zelda from a concept standpoint. I loved how bizarre and surreal it is and I really like how disturbing it is at the same time. Gonna have to get back into it, but not going to grab a 3ds for it

Grief.exe

We need grief to start a movement to bring DC games to Steam.
He is the best at getting shit done.

Capcom has been doing a solid job as of late. They have ported RE4 and RE1 while removing GFWL from RE5, DR2, and OTR. All within the same year.
I am under the impression that if it is viable, then Capcom will port the game.

I also don't think it would carry enough weight on its own. Would need to attach it to Dragon's Dogma, Okami, DR1, Code Veronica, etc.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I would buy Majora's Mask for 3DS. But then again I never play the original so this should be good.

I'm curious what people who have never played it will think about this game. After all, it is universally recognized as the best Zelda game ever made.

Shadownet

Banned
I'm curious what people who have never played it will think about this game. After all, it is universally recognized as the best Zelda game ever made.
Really now? I was under the impression that was Ocarina of Time? And heck I love Ocarina of Time.

According to my Ubi PR Rep I will receive a PS4 and PC version before release, hopefully both will arrive in my mail today. :p
My man! I know you can't tell us how good the game is because of embargo but I sure hope you can at least tell us how it run on PC.

"We're all counting on you."

Jawmuncher

Didn't know that this was a thing. Was the port good?

Haven't been able to get a hold of a copy yet.
So I don't know how it is with running on newer hardware.
It was a pretty basic port though from what I recall, probably the equivalent of emulating the PSX or DC versions at this point.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You guys really gotta stop talking about Majora's Mask in here. You're gonna get us banished to Community...

you kid but just yesterday someone was saying "well at least its not OT community so there should still be rules here"

...LOL

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Defender's Quest will be getting an HD upgrade (for free!) sometime soon. They'll be upgrading the sprite art as well as the cut scenes:

sprite_to_hd-1.png

whoa-1.png

Source

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
So, which of you handsome and intelligent folks do I have to butter up to get a Shadow Warrior coupon?

IyVQPbD.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
awesome, probably the best TD game ive played

I'm not sure if I would go that far, but it was insanely good considering most of us got it in a bundle.

Call me crazy, but the old art looks better.

You're in luck!

What if I really liked the old art?
Both HD and "old school" art will ship with DQ1HD, and can be individually toggled for both cutscenes and sprites.

denx

So I caved in and bought Valkyria Chronicles through GMG. First time buying stuff through GMG too, went pretty smoothly and got the game for 13.85 with a coupon (based Enhanced Steam). Shame keys aren't available yet tho.

So I caved in and bought Valkyria Chronicles through GMG. First time buying stuff through GMG too, went pretty smoothly and got the game for 13.85 with a coupon (based Enhanced Steam). Shame keys aren't available yet tho.
Good work, denx.

We'll all be ready to... chronicle... our valkyrias... in less than a week!
Defender's Quest will be getting an HD upgrade (for free!) sometime soon. They'll be upgrading the sprite art as well as the cut scenes:

Source

Good news. That game was waaay more fun than I ever expected.

I'm glad they're allowing a toggle, though.

Spyware

Defender's Quest will be getting an HD upgrade (for free!) sometime soon. They'll be upgrading the sprite art as well as the cut scenes
Really nice when things get upgraded for free like that. I actually like the old stuff better, especially the cutscene stuff. It has a very special look. Nice that we can pick and choose!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
quick Ghosts update:

- still no Riley, although he popped up in a boat randomly >_>
- some ok to good levels lately. Didnt really care for the jungle "stealth" level, but I liked the ice level where you could actually blow up the ice to make the persuing vehicles crash. The oil rig level is ok too, nice destruction and chaos.Still no underwater level with all the corals like all the videos showed back during the hype phase
- story is still all over the place and barely interesting, if at all.

Still looking to end up in Blops 2 / MW3 tier, which are my least favorite

Volimar

quick Ghosts update:

- still no Riley, although he popped up in a boat randomly >_>
- some ok to good levels lately. Didnt really care for the jungle "stealth" level, but I liked the ice level where you could actually blow up the ice to make the persuing vehicles crash. The oil rig level is ok too, nice destruction and chaos.Still no underwater level with all the corals like all the videos showed back during the hype phase
- story is still all over the place and barely interesting, if at all.

Still looking to end up in Blops 2 / MW3 tier, which are my least favorite

The thing that bugged me the most is how little they did with the space combat. Could have been so much fun.

Rhaknar

The thing that bugged me the most is how little they did with the space combat. Could have been so much fun.

I'm fine with that, the level served its purpose. The lack of more dog is really bothering me tho, I feel like I was lied to

oh neat nov19 is like what, 2 weeks away or something, that is of course assuming it starts that day. when does it usually start, i always forget?

edit: oh nah nvm, last winter sale was in dec19, thats mad far. move along folks.

Sales info:

Hope these events arent just like Trading Card events.

Seriously it really feels Valve got really lazy with their Steamclient and features lately. I remember the old sales and stuff.

Now we have Trading Cards. Strangely it was promised that they will develop a binder and still have great ideas what to do with the cards. Nothing came out of it.
Steam Music. I am sure in 1 year it will still look the same.
Then GL, which I dont have to say anything about it.
BPM took long and still has some issues that could easily be fixed/revised.
The steamclient still has bugs that were there 2 years ago (trade offers stuck till you get another one).

I know... Valve Time and seems the In-Home Streaming and Family sharing works, but in a lot of cases it really feels like Valve starts developing features for the client and then drops the development of it.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
It really seems that the horizontal structure promotes ideas but not much follow up. So it ends up being a bunch of pet projects.

Lomax

oh neat nov19 is like what, 2 weeks away or something, that is of course assuming it starts that day. when does it usually start, i always forget?

edit: oh nah nvm, last winter sale was in dec19, thats mad far. move along folks.

Thanksgiving/Fall sale has the same discounts as the winter sale, that's why the early date. Should expect it probably on the 25th or 26th. Winter sale will most likely start Dec 18th.

Locust

Summer sale submission deadline was June 13 and the sales started on thursday, June 19, assuming its the same for this, it would start on Nov 27.
Sounds very unlikely so there's really no information worth keeping under wraps in that post.

And in other news, Deadly Premonition was region locked. Kinda weird thing to do, it isn't that popular among traders despite the huge discount it had and cdkey sites havent even ran out of indiegala keys yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom