• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

FF12 is the best FF game.

Speaking of jrpg's, who owns Lost Odyssey? Mistwalker or Microsoft (publisher)? I'm guessing Mistwalker. They should get someone to port that to PC, it's UE3 after all. Unless I'm misremembering, feelplus did the brunt of the work on that but they don't exist anymore, so they should hire someone else.

It really seems that the horizontal structure promotes ideas but not much follow up. So it ends up being a bunch of pet projects.

But how can it be so hard to at least introduce the binder they proposed when they first started the trading cards?
Same with fixing some well known bugs from the client?
Of course I can see why removing the GL process takes time though.

But some things shouldnt be left in a limbo for that many month/years.

Edit: For example I dont understand at all why the Achievements arent also shown when you are offline. If you are in the BPM and go to check your achievements, it opens them in the BPM Browser.
Why not make it like how a console handles it?

Summer sale submission deadline was June 13 and the sales started on thursday, June 19, assuming its the same for this, it would start on Nov 27.
Sounds very unlikely so there's really no information worth keeping under wraps in that post.

And in other news, Deadly Premonition was region locked. Kinda weird thing to do, it isn't that popular among traders despite the huge discount it had and cdkey sites havent even ran out of indiegala keys yet.

Weird, I doubt traders were making any impact, since the sale was at a low price anyway.

maxcriden

Hi Steam geniuses, I'm new to gaming on my Mac and was wondering if someone could help me figure out how to play Limbo.

Grade System Profile Your Computer Minimum Requirements
Operating System: 10.7.5 OS X 10.6.6
Processor: Intel Core i5 Intel Core Duo
Number of cores: 2 2
Processor Speed: 1.7 GHz 1.4 GHz
Memory: 4 GB 1 GB
Video Card

Intel HD Graphics 3000
384 MB

OpenGL 2.0 compatible video card with 256 MB of Video Memory

There's the info from MacAgent which says *maybe* I can run the game. My stuff's on the left, the min. requirements are on the right. Any ideas? Forgive my sloppy setup!

Thanks!

Hi Steam geniuses, I'm new to gaming on my Mac and was wondering if someone could help me figure out how to play Limbo.

There's the info from MacAgent which says *maybe* I can run the game. My stuff's on the left, the min. requirements are on the right. Any ideas? Forgive my sloppy setup!

Thanks!

I don't have any experience with Macs, but Limbo ran fine in a similar setup (under Windows OS)

Parsnip

I really wish they would have left the time anomaly stuff out of the AC Unity trailers.

Though, if they are willing to spill that kind of thing on trailers, maybe there's something super duper mind blowing there that they are still keeping as a secret.

Turfster

I really wish they would have left the time anomaly stuff out of the AC Unity trailers.

Though, if they are willing to spill that kind of thing on trailers, maybe there's something super duper mind blowing there that they are still keeping as a secret.

Eh, they've been doing basically the same shit for what, 10 years now?
They have to add something new every time to somehow keep people interested.

Grief.exe

Thanks!

Limbo has a native Mac/Linux version should be fine with those specs.

Turfster

Thanks guys! For some reason when I open the program it just loads and hangs on the dock but doesn't load :(

Hm. Starts fine here on the mac box. Took a while for it to switch to the game screen, though.
Only major difference with your specs is that it's running Yosemite.
Are you running anything special that might interfere with it?

maxcriden

Limbo has a native Mac/Linux version should be fine with those specs.

This is the native Mac version.

Hm. Starts fine here on the mac box. Took a while for it to switch to the game screen, though.
Only major difference with your specs is that it's running Yosemite.
Are you running anything special that might interfere with it?

Nothing special, I don't think. iTunes, Mail, Steam, stuff like that open. I could try restarting in a bit.

Summer sale submission deadline was June 13 and the sales started on thursday, June 19, assuming its the same for this, it would start on Nov 27.
Sounds very unlikely so there's really no information worth keeping under wraps in that post.

And in other news, Deadly Premonition was region locked. Kinda weird thing to do, it isn't that popular among traders despite the huge discount it had and cdkey sites havent even ran out of indiegala keys yet.

region locking is the work of the devil. fuck whoever approved the idea of region locking games on steam. :mad:

MUnited83

For you.

Deadly Premonition is not region locked. Not yet, at least. There's a new sub(which was automatically locked as is normal now. But it isn't actually being sold right now)

drizzle

Axel Hertz
so is it safe to use a vpn to buy from gmg? (or would it work?)

You don't need one, unless you want to buy games that are only available to a specific region (IE: EA Games are only available to US adresses/IPs).

...and yes, you can use a VPN. I did already.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
so is it safe to use a vpn to buy from gmg? (or would it work?)

I wondered the same thing when they had a Europe only Ubisoft sale.

I kinda assume they'd treat it the same as using SAM to abuse achievements for playfire, and would ban your whole account from the site. But I really don't know.

Locust

Deadly Premonition is not region locked. Not yet, at least. There's a new sub(which was automatically locked as is normal now. But it isn't actually being sold right now)

Right, forgot they didn't replace the store sub yet. New subs for old apps don't get ACRTAG automatically anyway so if they replace the sub at some point it's specifically to lock it.

Anteater

You don't need one, unless you want to buy games that are only available to a specific region (IE: EA Games are only available to US adresses/IPs).

...and yes, you can use a VPN. I did already.

yeah that's what I'm trying to do

I wondered the same thing when they had a Europe only Ubisoft sale.

I kinda assume they'd treat it the same as using SAM to abuse achievements for playfire, and would ban your whole account from the site. But I really don't know.

hmm, yeah this is preordering too so I'm not sure if it's a good idea since I won't be getting a key right away if it works.

Leak is such a gross word.

LEWD.
RUDE.

BPM took long and still has some issues that could easily be fixed/revised.

Speaking of gross...
BPM is just... ugh.
I still want an option to completely disable it's atrocious presence from my PC.

FF12 is the best FF game.

Speaking of jrpg's, who owns Lost Odyssey? Mistwalker or Microsoft (publisher)? I'm guessing Mistwalker. They should get someone to port that to PC, it's UE3 after all. Unless I'm misremembering, feelplus did the brunt of the work on that but they don't exist anymore, so they should hire someone else.

I do not agree.
And continuing with gross...
Lost Odyssey was mostly hot garbage.
It had a few good character designs and the skill mechanic for teaching humans from immortals was good... but the general, I'd probably lump it in with Legend of Dragoon.

rtcn63

FF12 is divisive. Do you favor the idea of a single player MMORPG, or really like MMORPGS in general? Probably like FF12. I didn't.

I never made it past the first boss in Lost Odyssey. The fuck this fucker is tough.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Why is the thread in community now?

Victim of it's own popularity. Mods moved all aggregate type threads in an attempt to reverse the tendency of community to stay in its normal state of putrefaction. Minsc posted that this may or may not be a permanent change. Considering the dire straits community has been in, this is probably the only thing they can try without completely redesigning the site.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Victim of it's own popularity. Mods moved all aggregate type threads in an attempt to reverse the tendency of community to stay in its normal state of putrefaction. Minsc posted that this may or may not be a permanent change. Considering the dire straits community has been in, this is probably the only thing they can try without completely redesigning the site.

Well they tried it a few times already so prepare for failure again!

rtcn63

Forget peeps, that's garbage. Let's talk about Cadbury eggs. Now those are a delight.

In high school, I tried to get a cheerleader to eat a cadbury egg. She bit half, didn't like it, and the guying sitting next to her grabbed it from her hand and swallowed the rest.

That was my first threesome.

Anteater

i officially have too many fps games than i could play, maybe it's time to stick to just one at a time

edit: i kind of visit the main page less frequently now that steamgaf is in community (all according to sudoku?), just rename community to gaming and the rest of the forum to "whatever" and we'll be good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom