• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
i eat peeps
PC1Zqfv.gif

candy corn is great,peeps are ok.

I don't know who to believe anymore.

Lesters-Fixins-Sweet-Corn-Soda.jpg

I saw this on Cutthroat Kitchen.
I mean, I'd definitely try it. I could see it working.

Only played about 45 minutes but OH MAN Shadow Warrior is good. Just finished Jazzpunk where the humour is completely different but man, with those two games and South Park I've actually laughed more at video games this year than I have in a long time. I really want to nab Dreamfall Chapters as well since the writing in that seems great too.

Ventara

Oh snap! This thread finally got moved to Community?! The end is near!!! j/k, but seriously, I had a hard time finding this thread. Good thing I had it subscribed. On the plus side, I guess this'll cut down on the competition for some of the giveaway, lol.

Anyways, I saw the new Bundle Stars Getaway Bundle.

My face when I saw LA Cops and The Escapists

:D

My face when I saw the $19.99 price tag.

:(

I mean, I'm sure the games are worth it, but still...

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Oh snap! This thread finally got moved to Community?! The end is near!!! j/k, but seriously, I had a hard time finding this thread. Good thing I had it subscribed. On the plus side, I guess this'll cut down on the competition for some of the giveaway, lol.

Anyways, I saw the new Bundle Stars Getaway Bundle.

My face when I saw LA Cops and The Escapists

:D

My face when I saw the $19.99 price tag.

:(

I mean, I'm sure the games are worth it, but still...

This has been the second bundle in recent times to be priced so high. I wonder what the drop off is for them compared to the normally priced bundles.

Miguel81

Is Shadow Warrior really as good as it seems? Rhaknar's stream of it seemed pretty cool until I had to stop watching due to motion sickness. I believe he was playing with a pad and that made for jerky camera control. The OG game seems a bit antiquated so I would be skipping it and just diving into this one.

(Unrelated) There was one title for the OG Xbox that was made by Namco -- Breakdown. That game lingers in my mind, and I would love to have it available on Steam. First-person brawling/shooting/puking in glorious form.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

If we're going with swilling down cans of swine, we might as well go whole hog.

Is Shadow Warrior really as good as it seems? Rhaknar's stream of it seemed pretty cool until I had to stop watching due to motion sickness. I believe he was playing with a pad and that made for jerky camera control. The OG game seems a bit antiquated so I would be skipping it and just diving into this one.

(Unrelated) There was one title for the OG Xbox that was made by Namco -- Breakdown. That game lingers in my mind, and I would love to have it available on Steam. First-person brawling/shooting/puking in glorious form.

I really liked it until about 6 hours in, when it started overstaying its welcome. Just did not introduce any new or interesting mechanics and felt like grinding against the horde for the sake of it. Last hour picked up the ball again, though. I'd say I enjoyed my time with Shadow Warrior.

Breakdown was a pretty fun little title. Well, 'fun' in that it was unique at the time. The alien segments towards the end were designed with sadistic torture in mind.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

my stream in general was fucked (I need to do some 720p tests, nobody goes full screen anyway, and it probably streams much better), and yes, it is that good (well, from what I played at least)

Yeah, that's why I didn't list it.
It's basically a 33% discount, but only if you get the 3 games at the same time.

never even noticed that bundle. Hopefully (well not hopefully, nothing against the devs) it bombs and they will realize that is not what people want from bundles

Turfster

The Newegg sale actually covers more Warner Brothers games than just the Batman Oranges that was mentioned earlier.
Basically, most of their catalogue is 75% off

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I went poking around for news on Apotheon and found this on Alientrap's Facebook page, posted a month ago (rounding up two days):

apotheon5msdx.jpg

I won't be shocked if it slips into early 2015. Supremely disappointed, but not shocked.

iosefe

I went poking around for news on Apotheon and found this on Alientrap's Facebook page, posted a month ago (rounding up two days):

apotheon5msdx.jpg

I won't be shocked if it slips into early 2015. Supremely disappointed, but not shocked.

i must have missed the initial reveal, this looks really good. right to the wishlist it goes

Breakdown was so freaking interesting.

It was basically if Half-life 1 had several tons of jank, horrific gun-play, fantastic melee, and a compelling narrative. Played through Breakdown 2.5 times. Played through HL1...uh...not even once? Hell I only got through 2 or 3 stages.

Coreda

Lol, and here I was about to post a giveaway using GMG, and I have to wait until the game releases before receiving the key. Welp, will have to wait a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom