• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What is Apotheon?

An open-world 2D action-adventure game set on Mount Olympus, complete with a visual style reminiscent of Ancient Greek art. Looks like the 30% early bird discount period has ended and there's now just a regular 10% pre-order discount.

Edit: It's from the Capsized devs.

I had one of those as a kid. I'd turn my ceiling fan on and throw it upwards, gleefully watching as it flew across the room and knocked something over.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
grief why are you in every topic?

they should call this site neogrief

346AFPX.gif

JaseC

Lol, and here I was about to post a giveaway using GMG, and I have to wait until the game releases before receiving the key. Welp, will have to wait a little.

You could post it anyway and just give the winner the game when it releases.

This would be my avatar if A) GAF still supported animated avatars, and B) The video were available in a resolution befitting of the year 2012 (because I of course need my Steam equivalent).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is this permitted? Haven't seen anyone do it before.

sure but why not just wait? what will you gain from doing it now if you dont have the key

and you dont see it because, again...why would you do it. Hell we had some of that some months ago, which were baffling because, how the fuck do you know what your life is like in 6 or 8 months? what i something happened and you cant buy the game anymore (god forbod, knock on wood, etc).

what if you intended to buy the game cheap from russia and they implement region lo...oh wait.

JaseC

Is this permitted? Haven't seen anyone do it before.

There's no rule against it but giving away items you don't actually have is discouraged since an issue could arise in the interim. Shadownet gave away a bunch of IOU copies of Alien, Arkham Knight, etc. and then lost his job soon thereafter, for example (that's not to suggest he doesn't intend to honour the giveaways, though).

Coreda

sure but why not just wait? what will you gain from doing it now if you dont have the key.

what if you intended to buy the game cheap from russia and they implement region lo...oh wait.

It's only next week anyway :p No big deal either way, and in my post above I mentioned its already bought from GMG.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I dont have it. Gave my coupon away. I can play classic though. I'm pretty sure I can that

That's not a problem, I don't want to make you spend money. Just know that in the first game the protagonist is a very demeaning stereotype. Flying Wild Hog actually wrote him as a charmingly cocky protagonist instead of following the stereotype route.

Chuckie

For real pic January, I put a picture of me in a bathrobe wearing a gorilla mask, I then asked Tence to draw it so I could use it in fake pic February. He mixed up the breeds of ape/chimp

No, you can see by the grey skin and the high head that it is clearly a gorilla I draw, not a chimp!

Also happy birthday

Shadownet

Banned
There's no rule against it but giving away items you don't actually have is discouraged since an issue could arise in the interim. Shadownet gave away a bunch of IOU copies of Alien, Arkham Knight, etc. and then lost his job soon thereafter, for example (that's not to suggest he doesn't intend to honour the giveaways, though).

I did give the winners their games (or alternative to what they won. Some people ended up wanting different games.) I still owe 1-3 people, but those games haven't come out yet. So i'm still waiting. But I intend on doing my best to honor them. At the very least the people who won Witcher 3 already got their.

Ventara

Shadownet, you're awesome that way. Can't believe you're still following through on those massive giveaways despite what you went through.

But I agree with JaseC. I once won a copy of Witcher 3 only to be told that they couldn't afford it. I told them it was okay. I don't want to interfere with anyone's livelihood, but I was thinking why even hold the giveaway? I think they just didn't like me, lol.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so have you guys noticed Steam games leaving gigabytes worth of data on your machine after they're uninstalled?

Like there's 3gig of Blacklight Retribution stuff in there and I don't think I've had that installed in 2014 even

7 gig of Star Trek Online

maybe it's an MMO thing?

so have you guys noticed Steam games leaving gigabytes worth of data on your machine after they're uninstalled?

Like there's 3gig of Blacklight Retribution stuff in there and I don't think I've had that installed in 2014 even

maybe it's an MMO thing?

I usually delete the folder manually anyway, just to be safe.

Also, happy birthday iosefe

Nabs

maybe it's an MMO thing?

I think those things have their own launchers and updaters. I'm guessing that's what you're dealing with.

I should probably go and check that stuff out.

Milamber

If the GPU is, let's say, 10 cm large, and my preavious one was 9, how can I close my case? Because there's no so much space, there's a metal...thing a couple of cm larger to support che GPU, if I eventually remove it I will gain some space, but I don't know. Eventually I will post a photo.

10 cm!? How thin is your case? Most cases are 15-17 cm deep for a card that is normally 10-11 cm wide so that is not an issue. Length is where you will have a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom