• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Shadownet, you're awesome that way. Can't believe you're still following through on those massive giveaways despite what you went through.

But I agree with JaseC. I once won a copy of Witcher 3 only to be told that they couldn't afford it. I told them it was okay. I don't want to interfere with anyone's livelihood, but I was thinking why even hold the giveaway? I think they just didn't like me, lol.

Discretionary funds often disappear due to unforeseen circumstances. I wouldn't read into it.

Damn it. Put a WSHH warning. Goddamn verticle video.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Question time: Does the X1 controller support rumble in games designed with the X360 controller in mind? It rumbles upon being detected by Windows but I recently realised that it has never done so while in-game (Mordor, Styx, Call of Doggy: Advanced Woofare, maybe others).

Question time: Does the X1 controller support rumble in games designed with the X360 controller in mind? It rumbles upon being detected by Windows but I recently realised that it has never done so while in-game (Mordor, Styx, Call of Doggy: Advanced Woofare, maybe others).

Dear JaseC, for controller to rumble you are supposed to actually play the game, not just install and idle for cards

(sorry for non-answer, but I'd think so)

Mine does.

JaseC

Dear JaseC, for controller to rumble you are supposed to actually play the game, not just install and idle for cards

(sorry for non-answer, but I'd think so)

Haha, the only potential cause that comes to mind -- assuming for the moment that the controller is supposed to respond to X360 rumble triggers -- is that I'm using a USB2 cable rather than a USB3 one, but surely that's not the issue.

Mine does.

Bah, thanks. Fortunately I don't care enough about rumble to buy a new cable.

Is Worms Armageddon still the best Worms game?

Indeed it is. That being said, I wish Team17 would re-release Worms 2 and WWP, just so my Steam collection is complete.

Edit: Oh, and Worms 3D... but I can understand Team17 wanting to keep it under the rug. ;)

Milamber

Haha, the only potential cause that comes to mind -- assuming for the moment that the controller is supposed to respond to X360 rumble triggers -- is that I'm using a USB2 cable rather than USB3 one, but surely that's not the issue.

Wait, does this mean we also need to connecto it to a USB 3.0 port for rumble?

Elija2

Edit: Oh, and Worms 3D... but I can understand Team17 wanting to keep it under the rug. ;)

Worms: Ultimate Mayhem already has all the content from Worms 3D so there would be no point in releasing it (unless they fucked up some of the mechanics in Ultimate Mayhem which wouldn't be surprising coming from Team17).

I think I'm gonna pick up both so I can have the best of 2D and 3D Worms action (although I'm betting that the online community in Ultimate Mayhem is already dead).

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
old spares

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Roboleon, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

McPixel -- MB-FC792CCDB216DD97 - Taken by Ozium
Nightsky -- MB-76E1CEB25458FCF5

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Just finished Spec Ops The Line... my mind is thoroughly fucked.

Did you feel like a hero?

ibsKIjxbPqCEdO.png

Well damn, snuck up on me. 11 years with Steam today! JShack's plugin beating Valve at their own game once again, my "x years" badge still says 10.

JaseC

Worms: Ultimate Mayhem already has all the content from Worms 3D so there would be no point in releasing it (unless they fucked up some of the mechanics in Ultimate Mayhem which wouldn't be surprising coming from Team17).

I think I'm gonna pick up both so I can have the best of 2D and 3D Worms action (although I'm betting that the online community in Ultimate Mayhem is already dead).

Ah, right. I've never played Worms 3D and in fact had no idea it was a thing until after I became aware of Worms 4, so the latter was my first foray into 3D Worms, and I actually found it to be rather fun, aside from the utterly useless camera system for the ninja rope. I don't think Team17 will ever top Worms Armageddon, though.

Shadownet

Banned
The game is great, the story is fucked up

Ah, what a great game :D

I loved that ending. Actually I loved everything past the
white phosphorus. I really felt bad, even if I was expecting the horrible outcome

I felt afterward that I just played some M. Night Shyamalan game. It's a good game with pretty solid mechanic and a story that just blow your mind at the end. I'm still trying to wrap it around my head. I should sleep on it.

I feel weary of wars. Like seriously. I can't imagine what it's like coming home from something like that.

JaseC

which steam game is most similar to worms 2? that was the best one.. never got into the 3d ones and the later 2d ones didn't have some of the awesome items that the first two did...

Worms Armageddon. ;)

Ozium

I felt afterward that I just played some M. Night Shyamalan game. It's a good game with pretty solid mechanic and a story that just blow your mind at the end. I'm still trying to wrap it around my head. I should sleep on it.

Joseph Conrad turning over in his grave.

Deques

I felt afterward that I just played some M. Night Shyamalan game. It's a good game with pretty solid mechanic and a story that just blow your mind at the end. I'm still trying to wrap it around my head. I should sleep on it

If this game was directed by M. Night Shyamalan, then it would be the best game he ever directed.

I really like how the protagonist gets worn-out during the entire game. He gets more and more damages on his body and he gets tired of all the shooting and killing

Elija2

Kinda surprised it hasn't happened already, considering there's been a very respectable port out on mobile devices for years. Or is that yonks?

The iOS port is really good (although they haven't updated it in a while). Maybe it didn't sell well enough to justify a PC port? Apparently between 10k-50k people bought the Android version so who knows.

Copons

#plottwist

spec ops sucks

you couple of italian people should totally read what i wrote about it some time ago, because it's totally true and i rule #badassery #cats #cute #aww #dealwithit

Coreda

Was watching a fairly popular Youtuber recently complaining about the need to level up within Steam to increase the max friend capacity, and it made me interested to know if there's some addon/etc that makes crafting cards a less involved process.

Currently the process is overly long. You first have to search for and buy a single card, open the inventory and see the card progress, then individually buy each card and return to the badge page again until there's enough to craft.

Being able to buy all required cards with one button, and craft similarly would simplify this process considerably. Steam doesn't offer a 'Return to badge crafting' button after buying an item (only 'See item in inventory'), or a way to see the cheapest market price and buy cards directly from the crafting page, so it's many more clicks than necessary going back and forth. I can understand why some can't be bothered.

milena87

Hmm.. it should fit, but it would be best if you check the exact space that you have. Can you remove that Asus thing that is, I think, keeping the GPU in place?

The GTX 970 is at least 2-3cm wider than a 760.
I see that both Asus and MSI 970s are 14cm. Gigabyte appears to be 13cm wide, but I wouldn't buy it with all the coil whine issues going around.

Shadownet

Banned
If this game was directed by M. Night Shyamalan, then it would be the best game he ever directed.

I agree if Shyamalan directed this game. It would be the equivalent of The Sixth Sense.

well time to move on to another game. Should finish Witcher 2. I hope Yager Development make another game, cause this game is pretty solid and underrated.

edit: They're making Dead Island 2? :O hype increased a bit.

Knurek

well time to move on to another game. Should finish Witcher 2. I hope Yager Development make another game, cause this game is pretty solid and underrated.

They did, OG XBox exclusive Yager.
(Wikipedia says it was ported to Windows, which I don't think is true?)

Copons

What terrible taste lol

:p

Someone just said Max Payne was shit. I'm gonna need a chair. There is no word in human tongue that can encapture how offended this walrus is right now.

Y'all should go and downvote my review on Steam and, like, start flaming those 5 peeps (luv ya) who found it useful.

(just saying, tho, I loved MP2 and MP3 too to an extent, but I just viscerally hate MP1. I'm sorry if this makes you all mad with me, but you should think I'm a cat wearing sunglasses, and just pet me, thx)

Xanathus

Just finished and got all the achievements for MURDERED: SOUL SUSPECT (the game is in all caps in your library). It's actually a good game, but anyone who bought this on release day at full price for $60 was tremendously ripped off. The game is practically a "hidden objects" game where you hunt down items hidden in the environment and solve some logic and plot puzzles similar to the ones in the Sherlock Holmes games. It's essentially just a bigger budget version of one of those hidden object games on mobile platforms. However I think it's still worth playing for the story, just don't pay more than $5 for it.

Copons

Copons you are a bad person. The intro scene of Max Payne 1 is one of the best thing ever made. And...how can you love MP2 and hating the first one? :D

I mean, it's like liking Alien 3 and hating Alien 1.

Here's why.

(i'm sorry for all this linking, but it's 10AM and I'm already SO tired... handling the introduction of a second cat is fucking mental...)

Anteater

I think i'll start clearing my fps backlog starting from call of juarez gunslinger, cool bright outdoor environments (well other than the caves), fast paced arcade action, and a story I could kind of follow.

Dr Dogg

Leak is such a gross word.

Yes because seepage or weeping roll of the tounge so much better.

FF12 is the best FF game.

Speaking of jrpg's, who owns Lost Odyssey? Mistwalker or Microsoft (publisher)? I'm guessing Mistwalker. They should get someone to port that to PC, it's UE3 after all. Unless I'm misremembering, feelplus did the brunt of the work on that but they don't exist anymore, so they should hire someone else.

FFXII definitely gives IX a run for it's money but I love both like my special children.

I'd assume Microsoft owns the rights to Lost Odyssey seeing as they paid a redonculious sum to set up feelplus. I think the best hope if seeing that on PC is when a 360 emulator is finaly viable. I've still not finished the first disc.

Edit: Since I'm sat in front of a PC I'll stop being lazy.
http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4808:4krlun.2.1

Oh yeah and I'm as miffed as you the Unity Time Anomaly stuff was show off. Would have been a great surprise. Stupid Ubi wankers.

WEEEEE birthday!!!!

Happy B'day

Is this permitted? Haven't seen anyone do it before.

Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Victim of it's own popularity. Mods moved all aggregate type threads in an attempt to reverse the tendency of community to stay in its normal state of putrefaction. Minsc posted that this may or may not be a permanent change. Considering the dire straits community has been in, this is probably the only thing they can try without completely redesigning the site.

Most threads, not all. I can still see at least 3 big ones that didn't get moved but I'm not a dick to name them and have them suffer the same fate. Funnily as I'd say those are more community focused and less immediate info based than the ones that did get moved. Really I think if you want to jazz up community and declutter Gaming you'd be better off setting up a blanket rule that all LTTP type treads, giveaways and compettition type threads and random musings about older and released titles go here and make it known to everyone. Surely by volume, freshness and the chance to win free stuff would pull more in than a bunch of insular threads with the same posters in them.

I think you got your width and lengths mixed up.

Girth sound more fitting for a beastly GPU

ibsKIjxbPqCEdO.png

Well damn, snuck up on me. 11 years with Steam today! JShack's plugin beating Valve at their own game once again, my "x years" badge still says 10.

Happy Steam B'day

Who will help me get ChuChu Rocket on Steam? What do we have to do to make this happen.

When I bought my 3rd Dreamcast the shop I got it from had so many copies of ChuChu Rocket that they were giving away two with each console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom