• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

milena87

Y'all should go and downvote my review on Steam and, like, start flaming those 5 peeps (luv ya) who found it useful.

(just saying, tho, I loved MP2 and MP3 too to an extent, but I just viscerally hate MP1. I'm sorry if this makes you all mad with me, but you should think I'm a cat wearing sunglasses, and just pet me, thx)

Meh, opinions are opinions. I just never thought I'd met someone who would hate Max Payne 1, but somehow love Max Payne 2 :)

edit: oh, and I only ever downvote the useless reviews (mostly on Amazon.it, especially those written ALL IN CAPS), not the ones who don't share my opinion.

Arthea

Good news is that jshackles is working on it

let's hope he succeeds in this endeavour of utmost importance! I no longer can imagine my steamlife without idlemaster, it's too scary even to imagine, or remember.

How did it break?
I tried launching it (v0.5, in case there's a newer version around) and got the number of eligible games right and started idling right away.

it only works if you have less than 200 games with badges, I have much more than that, it doesn't work for me anymore (._.)

edited: so slow... sooooo sloooow

The Idle Master idles in alphabetic order. So unless you set in another order and haven't idled all games in the first page then you are safe until jshackles has fixed it :) nvm

my first page is clean as a bold head, that's my problem

Deques

let's hope he succeeds in this endeavour of utmost importance! I no longer can imagine my steamlife without idlemaster, it's too scary even to imagine, or remember.

The Idle Master idles in alphabetic order. So unless you set in another order and haven't idled all games in the first page then you are safe until jshackles has fixed it :) nvm

Blade Symphony take hours to idle through all the cards :(

ViviOggi

Yager is the only reason I'm interested in Dead Island 2
They did, OG XBox exclusive Yager.
(Wikipedia says it was ported to Windows, which I don't think is true?)
I remember seeing the PC version on retail shelves here in Germany back in the day. Didn't even know it used to be an Xbox exclusive. According to Wiki the port never released outside of EU.

Arthea

I played some more of Q*bert: Rebooted, if it's possible to like and hate a game simultaneously, that's me and Q*bert. Classic mode is throwing me around like paper doll too (><)

Also not sure if it's something wrong with Jazzpunk (a game has evil aura or something (><) but I got really sick while playing it yesterday, maybe just coincidence, I hope... the game can't be evil, can it?

Shadownet

Banned
you beat it in one sitting? wow

I mean i know the game is short but damn. that gameplay was too boring for me to play it in more than 30 minute chunks

Oh god no. I was on Chapter 3 before. I started the game like a month ago. So yeah I played chapter 3-15 in one sitting Lol

Anyway, I just read an article on IGN about the truth behind Spec Ops and goddamn my mind is blown away even more now. This game is so trippy!

Deques

Also not sure if it's something wrong with Jazzpunk (a game has evil aura or something (><) but I got really sick while playing it yesterday, maybe just coincidence, I hope... the game can't be evil, can it?

You are not alone, the game causes motion sickness to many. The solution to this is to reduce mouse smoothness or whatever smoothness there is in the settings.
I reduced it, but I also haven't played longer sessions than first time I played it.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/250260/discussions/0/522730700174478013/

Posted a review of Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
http://steamcommunity.com/id/deques/recommended/250900/

It's literally the poopiest game ever.

+Native controller support
+Nice graphic
+Huge amount of new items to find
+I shed so many tears
+60fps!!!

Knurek

Oh god no. I was on Chapter 3 before. I started the game like a month ago. So yeah o played chapter 3-15 in one sitting Lol

Anyway, I just read an article on IGN about the truth behind Spec Ops and goddamn my mind is blown away even more now. This game is so trippy!

Have you watched Apocalypse Now? Has less cover shooting, but overall I think it's better than Spec Ops was (not that I think Spec Ops was bad).

Arthea

You are not alone, the game causes motion sickness to many. The solution to this is to reduce mouse smoothness or whatever smoothness there is in the settings.
I reduced it, but I also haven't played longer sessions than first time I played it.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/250260/discussions/0/522730700174478013/

I never have motion sickness in games, expect slight discomfort in descent games when I lose direction, so I'm not sure it's that. (><)

Have you watched Apocalypse Now? Has less cover shooting, but overall I think it's better than Spec Ops was (not that I think Spec Ops was bad).

Apocalypse Now was great for its time, I'm not sure it has such effect now as back then.

Me neither, but Jazzpunk gave me motion sickness.

so it is an evil game!

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member

It's literally the poopiest game ever.

+Native controller support
+Nice graphic
+Huge amount of new items to find
+I shed so many tears
+60fps!!!

That 60fps is what makes the new release soo good, I wish big AAA games takes notice that frame rate can actually contribute a lot to their games and optimize their games to run at 60fps all the time (with some vision).

Ozium

This thread, this poor thread :(

I guess it should have been expected, but it hurts nevertheless.

this will help cheer you:

1413673703620.gif

Arthea

Just noticed that Isaac is bestseller (#1) followed by Banished. I'm OK with this, even if I'm not a fan of Isaac, I agree it's a great game.

this will help cheer you:

https://avjsla.bn1302.livefilestore.com/y2pzAwoVARzHOMMP2FNEY9OVbrqMwxnOde5erBzbuI1yAs0N4B-B2LA4-EZ886azvObaetUAT4jUVifd4nof95-oWhZO2x9DEAHjY5QjALe9zQ/1413673703620.gif?psid=1[/IMG[/QUOTE]

now I imagine everyone stares to this gif in stupor (><)

[quote="Knurek, post: 137587738"]What's worrying is that Stump hasn't posted since the move.
MRORANGE as well IIRC? Guess there will be no December thread. :\[/QUOTE]

I think we established that stump can't find it!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What's worrying is that Stump hasn't posted since the move.
MRORANGE as well IIRC? Guess there will be no December thread. :\

Even assuming Orange isn't around, a mod could just copy the OP for the new thread (what is commonly referred to as a "copy bump") and PM Orange so that he knows to update it. It kindasorta happened before a few months ago in that Orange wasn't around when the thread of the time hit its limit part way through the month.

Dr Dogg

It's quite amazing what just a couple of days can do to some folks after the move. We've still got 24 days and about 140 pages to go before the wall come tumbling down! And now I'm happy as I have The Style Council stuck in my head.
Edit: Fuck me, if ever a songs lyrics were more appropriate.

Arthea

It's quite amazing what just a couple of days can do to some folks after the move. We've still got 24 days and about 140 pages to go before the wall come tumbling down! And now I'm happy as I have The Style Council stuck in my head.
Edit: Fuck me, if ever a songs lyrics were more appropriate.

weren't you supposed to take over Mrorange's job of creating a new threads for a while, or was it in an alternative universe?

Dr Dogg

weren't you supposed to take over Mrorange's job of creating a new threads for a while, or was it in an alternative universe?

That was definitely an alternate universe as A) I don't do threads and B) I suggested if he couldn't do it we spread around the responsibility until he would be back to keep things fresh and more like a communit... Shit it's my fault!

fuck, took a bunch of screenshots but afterburner wasn't working the entire session for whatever reason despite it's running in the background.

w-what I am playing for!?

If you've got the overlay on there should be a circular indicator to show the picture is saving under the stats read out. Bloody hard to see in the default fuchsia and not something you'd really be looking at when playing but it's good to test things out before getting to far in and it's too late. Some games these days hate Afterburner's OSD and the screenshot and record functions.

Anteater

fuck, took a bunch of screenshots but afterburner wasn't working the entire session for whatever reason despite it's running in the background.

w-what I am playing for!?

9a5nxsenkt.gif

Even assuming Orange isn't around, a mod could just copy the OP for the new thread (what is commonly referred to as a "copy bump") and PM Orange so that he knows to update it. It kindasorta happened before a few months ago in that Orange wasn't around when the thread of the time hit its limit part way through the month.

Or... This is the last Steam thread gaf will ever have. The true reason we were banished to community. And that's why no mod or admin has posted in the thread since!

P.S. I have a good deal on tinfoil if anyone is looking.

Knurek

Maybe we should do a 'This week on Steam' threads in the main forum?
With links to all of the games being released (and to here for discussion)?
Is this not against TOS? I can whip up one for this week if you think it's worth it...

Anteater

If you've got the overlay on there should be a circular indicator to show the picture is saving under the stats read out. Bloody hard to see in the default fuchsia and not something you'd really be looking at when playing but it's good to test things out before getting to far in and it's too late. Some games these days hate Afterburner's OSD and the screenshot and record functions.

yeah that's the one time i didn't turn the overlay on, lol, I saw it running after I quit the game in the taskbar but there were nothing in the folder, tried running the game again and it works, so yeah I'm going to enable the overlay and take a few screenshots first to make sure it's working next time, or maybe I'll just use gedosato, don't know why I didn't..

tylerf

Finally finished TitS. What an intriguing ending. I hope the next installment is being released soon. (anyone know?)

JaseC

Ozium

it all makes sense now...with this move steam is facing irrelevancy....

uplay thread stickied in gaming forum come february 2015 just u wait

Chariot

Dishonored - play for an hour - 25% off voucher
Lords of the Fallen - play for an hour - 25% off voucher
Skyrim - play for an hour - 25% off voucher

Why if I already own those games, I would need a 25% off voucher?

And...maybe GMG will answer my ticket before X-Mas.
I think those are general 25% vouchers.
If not... maybe for you to gift and trade for vouchers you actually want? :D

Arthea

it all makes sense now...with this move steam is facing irrelevancy....

uplay thread stickied in gaming forum come february 2015 just u wait

I would vote for gog, though. In 2015 everybody uses galaxy, nobody remembers what steam, uplay or origin is, not to mention wb client or whatever that was supposed to be. Also Witcher is everybody's GOAT from now on till Cyberpunk releases. Who's with me?

Although, I hope Ubi isn't that delusional as EA is (><)

milena87

Dishonored - play for an hour - 25% off voucher
Lords of the Fallen - play for an hour - 25% off voucher
Skyrim - play for an hour - 25% off voucher

Why if I already own those games, I would need a 25% off voucher?

And...maybe GMG will answer my ticket before X-Mas.

I think the 'reward' is general purpose 25% vouchers which you can use on any game on the site.

The thing is, they give out those vouchers freely anyway so I'm not sure why they think people would jump through hoops to earn them as a reward.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Changed my avatar in honour of Rebirth's lovely pixellated art style. This should last until I change it again for Christmas!

JaseC

But why would this affect selling the digital games on Steam in the UK? The physical versions of Ubisoft games don't activate on Steam (I wish...), they're all Uplay games.

Because Steam is, by all estimations, the most popular DD service by a significant margin, plus as far as developed nations are concerned the preference for digital over physical among PC gamers has seen significant growth in recent years -- 70% of Watch Dogs' PC sales were digital, for example.

Tellaerin

I would vote for gog, though. In 2015 everybody uses galaxy, nobody remembers what steam, uplay or origin is, not to mention wb client or whatever that was supposed to be. Also Witcher is everybody's GOAT from now on till Cyberpunk releases. Who's with me?

Although, I hope Ubi isn't that delusional as EA is (><)

That'd mean me moving to the GOG thread, though. Which right now would probably be something like moving from Siberia to Antarctica. >.>

Arthea

Because Steam is, by all estimations, the most popular DD service by a significant margin.

I wish we had numbers of how the same game sells on steam and uplay, steam and origin, because both Ubi and EA are still in it for money, so unless digital on steam is still smaller than other sales, this all thing makes no sense. Now, if it is really smaller part of sales, I still would like to know they reasoning what sacrificing those sales does. Increase other sales? By the same amount? I doubt that.
It's like whole gaming industry is some incarnation of chaos, it's really hard to comprehend why things are being handled as they are, nothing makes sense most of the time. (><)

That'd mean me moving to the GOG thread, though. Which right now would probably be something like moving from Siberia to Antarctica. >.>

to move there, you have to find it first!

Knurek

Since everyone just ignored my question, here's an example of what I had in mind:

Steam new releases for 03.11.2014:

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - $59.99/59,99€/£39.99
Tagline: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare envisions a powerful future, where both technology and tactics have evolved to usher in a new era of combat for the franchise. Power Changes Everything.
First 24 hour concurrent players peak: Single: 9,409, Multi: 27,961
Steam user reviews: 79% of 1,275 are positive.

Depth - $22.49/20,69€/£17.09 - 10% launch discount
Tagline: Play as a shark or a diver in a dark aquatic world and overcome your enemies by employing cunning, teamwork, and stealth. Depth blends tension and visceral action as you team up against AI or be matched with other players in heart pounding combat.
First 24 hour concurrent players peak: 448
Steam user reviews: 92% of 191 are positive.

Early Access games:

Spectre - $10.79/10,79€/£8.09 - 10% launch discount
Tagline: Fright or be frightened in Spectre, a haunted new multiplayer horror game with full VR integration
First 24 hour concurrent players peak: 1
Steam user reviews: 1 submitted, positive.

I wish we had numbers of how the same game sells on steam and uplay, steam and origin, because both Ubi and EA are still in it for money, so unless digital on steam is still smaller than other sales, this all thing makes no sense. Now, if it is really smaller part of sales, I still would like to know they reasoning what sacrificing those sales does. Increase other sales? By the same amount? I doubt that.
It's like whole gaming industry is some incarnation of chaos, it's really hard to comprehend why things are being handled as they are, nothing makes sense most of the time. (><)

to move there, you have to find it first!

Maybe they are trying to build a brand name and sacrificing sales is a calculated risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom