• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cross-posting from the indie game thread, Axiom Verge is amazing

Oh my goodness fellas. Axiom Verge is amazing. I've been over-using the word amazing when describing Axiom Verge, but it's amazing.

I'll post up a full preview later but for now, here is my minimalist playthrough:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_h5UUz2h5U&list=UUNpxh2vUm0kZJP_D6C4OMSA

And here is my speed run:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwT5pPy5jnM

Can't watch the videos right now but how did you get access to it? Press demo?

derExperte

I'll try to get more funds and buy it when I get back but I still think its shitty, that's all

I agree and think that it's actually a bad business decision but I'm surprised you're surprised since this has happened in the past and the preorder was up for a long time. I always preorder to be safe if I want the discount or make sure to ask.

Coreda

Another day, another API change made by Valve. This morning, it seems that the market transaction rendering API is limited to 500 results now (it used to be 1000, and before that it was unlimited).

This affects Enhanced Steam's "market total" section which will now return all zeroes. This will be fixed in the next release (most likely tomorrow afternoon)

Always keeping on top of things, jshackles, and always appreciated.

Grief.exe

welp apparently the Ghost crash is related to the latest(s) nvidia drivers, I would have to rollback to 344.11 for it to work (ton of ppl having the same problem), and I got no fucking clue how to do that

hmm can I just straight up google the specific driver and download it from nvidia? seems I can. I imagine I need to uninstall the current first tho

It's easy.

BOIR has me hooked, which kinda sucks because i was just starting to get good at CODAW. Now, i have to figure out how to balance both games at the same time, a task that is a pain given how replayable both games are. Tough first world gamer problems, yo

Dr Dogg

welp apparently the Ghost crash is related to the latest(s) nvidia drivers, I would have to rollback to 344.11 for it to work (ton of ppl having the same problem), and I got no fucking clue how to do that

hmm can I just straight up google the specific driver and download it from nvidia? seems I can. I imagine I need to uninstall the current first tho

It's easy.

Orrrrrr you go look under C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\ and providing you haven't deleted them or done a clean up, all the driver packages you have installed manually should be there. Though drivers installed through GeForce Experience don't get stored locally. Dead handy when you need to swap through a couple for compatibility. Also unless you're getting some horrible Blue Screens you don't really need to do a fresh install these days. Seeing as it wipes your custom resolutions and resets you Control Panel settings (unless you've backed them up of course) it's more hassle than it's worth.

wetflame

Pizza Dog

0kVe6Re.gif

faster way.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Always keeping on top of things, jshackles, and always appreciated.

*tips hat

Thanks. Sometimes it's frustrating when small things change on Valve's end and cause big problems for Enhanced Steam but I guess that's the nature of the beast.

KainXVIII

Oh my goodness fellas. Axiom Verge is amazing. I've been over-using the word amazing when describing Axiom Verge, but it's amazing.

I'll post up a full preview later but for now, here is my minimalist playthrough:

I don't get it, its not PS4 exclusive anymore?

That's situational and doesn't work if you're an old timer and insist on Clean Installs. My way is 8 or 9 clicks and bang! your back in the game. Plus if you're like me and have 6 or 7 driver packages saved on your PC you're spoilt for choice!
Of course it doesn't work if you don't want to do it :p

Aaron D.

I do not agree.
And continuing with gross...
Lost Odyssey was mostly hot garbage.
It had a few good character designs and the skill mechanic for teaching humans from immortals was good... but the general, I'd probably lump it in with Legend of Dragoon.

lMYhLX5.jpg

But 'dat Thousand Years of Dreams!

Vazduh

The Talos Principle public beta (aka demo) link (1gb)

Pre order is also live, 10% off, 17€ (11$ in Russia, looks like no region lock, no acrtag)

Jawmuncher

Gosh Darn I wish I could play VC now. It's the only thing I'm in the mood for. In just trudging through senran kagura at this point.

Nabs

Thanks for the videos. I can't wait for this.

Any idea on how long we'll have to wait after the Sony release?

It's never been one. They just want you to think it's an exclusive.

Dr Dogg

Well here's a syndicated news item for AC Unity, Far Cry 4 & The Crew...
Shame those affected probably won't get to see it, ha!

Of course it doesn't work if you don't want to do it :p

Hahaha well driver rollbacks work but obviously only to the last set of drivers and that's the case with any Windows driver package. But it's reliant on having a set of drivers there before hand to roll back to and also them being the exact ones you want to roll back to. In Rhaknar's case it probably the easiest thing depending if he didn't do a clean install (which I told him not to so he didn't lose his previous settings) but what I mentioned is easy peasy and gives you a lot more control over which drivers you want to install and just involves clicking on folders and icons.

Shadownet

Banned
Apparently, my name popped up on 4chan a few days ago. It was not a favorable reason. Dunno the deets tho, kinda sad.
4chan is like the wild west. Crazy people out there. Don't mind them. Stay here in GAF. It's much safer.

Edit: fuck yeah! Free DLCs! CDPR is getting my nomination for Developer of the Year!!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Trolling
CDPR announces 16 DLCs for Witcher 3.

All totally free.

No pre-order needed, no buying them, no nothing. Just free.

While I certainly applaud them for giving these away for free (when most developers would charge money for them) isn't this the same thing as saying "We're working extra hard and decided to add a lot of content into the game before it releases."? The game is still months away from being released.

Again, I'm not complaining, it just seems strange to me since this sort of thing used to be the norm before game companies got greedy and started charging extra.

While I certainly applaud them for giving these away for free (when most developers would charge money for them) isn't this the same thing as saying "We're working extra hard and decided to add a lot of content into the game before it releases."? The game is still months away from being released.

Again, I'm not complaining, it just seems strange to me since this sort of thing used to be the norm before game companies got greedy and started charging extra.
Maybe they are focusing on QA right now, and not on creating new content, unless all sixteen of them are all cosmetic items :p

Phawx

It's timed exclusive for PS4/Vita. Releasing later on PC (most likely Steam since it's won a bunch of awards) If you look at my Let's Play, right in the beginning you'll see controls for the 360 controller.

:eek:

Hope it's released soon then. Last time I checked it was scheduled for 2015.

The game is complete and you can finish it. As I understand there is no ending cutscene but it is possible to finish 100%. However, the press builds are cut off at the 5% mark of the game.

This morning before coming to work I started playing The Room, what an awesome game, I finished the first Chapter and did half the second one.

I wish there were more games like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom